Arch Linux

Luke

khvalera
20 hours ago, softworkz said:

ffdetect is there to detect video hardware acceleration. On Linux, it can detect VAAPI, QSV, Nvidia and AMF. From my state of knowledge, none of those are supported on arm platforms, that's why we don't have an ffdetect binary for arm. But things can change, that's why I was asking whether there's a specific case you are up to.

I did not delve into the details of the program, but after building the package from the source, the server works for some time and crashes, in the logs I saw that the reason for this is ffdetect, which is not there. You have the ffdetect file for arm in the package https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.6.0/emby-server-deb_4.6.6.0_armhf.deb, I checked it works. But I did not find where I can get it separately, or better to collect the source code.

Emby Server does not crash when ffdetect is missing. We don't have it on several platforms (osx, android, rpi, ..).
You may just need to remove it from the server startup command line.

15 minutes ago, khvalera said:

I did not delve into the details of the program, but after building the package from the source, the server works for some time and crashes, in the logs I saw that the reason for this is ffdetect, which is not there. You have the ffdetect file for arm in the package https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.6.0/emby-server-deb_4.6.6.0_armhf.deb, I checked it works. But I did not find where I can get it separately, or better to collect the source code.

Hi, can you please attach the emby server log? It could be for some other reason. Thanks.

khvalera
1 hour ago, softworkz said:

Emby Server does not crash when ffdetect is missing. We don't have it on several platforms (osx, android, rpi, ..).
You may just need to remove it from the server startup command line.

Thanks! This is useful information, I will try to search where ffdetect occurs and fix it.

khvalera

There is one more question. I noticed that when watching video from an arm device via the web interface, there are minor delays, and if you look through the emby-theater program, everything is fine. Is it related to the peculiarity of video stream processing? Can I fix it somehow?

19 hours ago, khvalera said:

There is one more question. I noticed that when watching video from an arm device via the web interface, there are minor delays, and if you look through the emby-theater program, everything is fine. Is it related to the peculiarity of video stream processing? Can I fix it somehow?

The Theater app can direct play pretty much everything, whereas the web browser cannot and may sometimes require conversion on the server, so that is likely the difference.

• 1 month later...
dadquaris

emby-server (not AUR, community repo - https://archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/emby-server/ ) has been outdated on Arch for over a month.

Is it possible to fork this to a more active maintainer?

In the meanwhile, it is possible (but a PITA) to compile emby-server.

mkdir emby-server
cd emby-server
svn checkout --depth=empty svn://svn.archlinux.org/community
cd community
svn update emby-server
cd emby-server/trunk

After this, you need to edit two lines in the PKGBUILD

Change this line:

pkgver=4.6.6.0

To this:

pkgver=4.6.7.0

Change this line:

b2sums=('082b675b3da8c44a914517ce7625f79d5a9388b2b99ce81f536e79526ba596cb6a7096ebb92352a8002c3dcd362c388448bd13bc64cc6efbe9524312b17427c1'

To this:

b2sums=('65edbbea3442682fb9443f706c0c588ceea6986bd62cf155dd286d18e000746ae2b716c3f5e8e970e956772f5246e0655a05afe27b677cce713a23379b79a247'

Then build the package:

makepkg -s

If all goes well, install the package:

makepkg -i

This is not at all an ideal way to update emby-server, and I would not recommend using it. It worked for me.

Edited by dadquaris

2 hours ago, dadquaris said:

Nevermind, looks like it finally got updated yesterday.

Yes it's updated now. Apologies for the delay. Thanks.

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Are there any known issues with throttling right now? I did a search over the entire forum and didn't find anything directly related yet. Yesterday, I updated to Version 4.6.7.0 and since then, hardware transcode throttling doesn't work. I haven't dug into it too deeply yet because in all likelihood, I would just roll back a version in the meantime. I checked the change logs for the beta versions ahead and only saw a throttling fix for chromecast.

So far it's happened with multiple clients remotely and if I force transcoding locally, I can reproduce it. Only steps I've taken so far are restarting the server and disabling and reenabling throttling, which haven't worked. The logs seem fairly normal, but I have attached a debug log of the transcode that I forced with a low bitrate locally.

https://pastebin.com/a3AjSEae - transcoding log

https://pastebin.com/YUbpXvK0 - emby-server log (start of stream only as it's all just the same repetitive info at the end)

Let me know if there's anything else I should do or if it's already known.

Thanks.

alucryd

@10479 The last update temporarily uses the system ffmpeg, the current tarball doesn't build against the latest libdav1d. This will be fixed in the upcoming release, it's just around the corner.

• 2 weeks later...
Carnival5353

The update to 4.7.0.60 on Arch is causing emby-server to fail due to a donet issue:

emby-server.service - Emby brings together your videos, music, photos, and live television.
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/emby-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/emby-server.service.d
└─override.conf, write-permissions.conf
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2022-05-21 09:06:46 EDT; 47s ago
Process: 1069 ExecStart=/usr/bin/emby-server (code=exited, status=150)
Main PID: 1069 (code=exited, status=150)
CPU: 16ms

May 21 09:06:46 computer systemd[1]: Started Emby brings together your videos, music, photos, and live television..
May 21 09:06:46 computer emby-server[1069]: It was not possible to find any compatible framework version
May 21 09:06:46 computer emby-server[1069]: The framework 'Microsoft.AspNetCore.App', version '6.0.0' (x64) was not found.
May 21 09:06:46 computer emby-server[1069]:   - No frameworks were found.
May 21 09:06:46 computer emby-server[1069]: You can resolve the problem by installing the specified framework and/or SDK.
May 21 09:06:46 computer emby-server[1069]: The specified framework can be found at:
May 21 09:06:46 computer emby-server[1069]:   - https://aka.ms/dotnet-core-applaunch?framework=Microsoft.AspNetCore.App&framework_version=6.0.0&arch=x64&rid=arch-x64
May 21 09:06:46 computer systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=150/n/a
May 21 09:06:46 computer systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Downgrading to 4.6.7.0-4 gets it up and running for me.

alucryd

Thanks for the heads up! Already had aspnet-runtime installed so I didn't run into this, fixing the package asap.

• 2 weeks later...
dadquaris
On 12/31/2021 at 10:01 AM, Luke said:

Yes it's updated now. Apologies for the delay. Thanks.

Heads up, emby is out of date again, for over a week.