Arch Linux

Luke

OK thanks, we'll take a look. This is something in the Roku app that will need to be corrected and is not related to the server update.

sekondchakra

- Play a local file (eg, .mp4)

- Use back arrow on Roku remote to return to the episode screen that shows you "Play" "played" "favorite" "delete", etc.

-Select "Delete" & Confirm Delete

- Screen returns to "Next Up" screen

-Hit back arrow on remote in attempt to return to Emby Home screen 

- Emby app quits and returns you to Roku Home screen.  Have to restart Emby app to watch next file. 

Video of steps described

Note: Happens on both Emby Beta and Emby Stable.   Roku Ultra is running latest version of it's software (v9.2.0 build 4750-46)  Emby Beta software updated recently.    Was having this issue for awhile (early Oct?) but resolved itself a week or so ago.  Returned after updating to emby-server 4.3.0.26 a couple of days ago?   Generally run latest beta available--update often.  

We want the last stable on Arch repositories :P !! @@alucryd

Just joking, release it when ready, i'll wait patiently. ;)

We're working on it. Thanks for the feedback.

• 3 weeks later...
sekondchakra

- Play a local file (eg, .mp4)

- Use back arrow on Roku remote to return to the episode screen that shows you "Play" "played" "favorite" "delete", etc.

-Select "Delete" & Confirm Delete

- Screen returns to "Next Up" screen

-Hit back arrow on remote in attempt to return to Emby Home screen 

- Emby app quits and returns you to Roku Home screen.  Have to restart Emby app to watch next file. 

Video of steps described

Note: Happens on both Emby Beta and Emby Stable.   Roku Ultra is running latest version of it's software (v9.2.0 build 4750-46)  Emby Beta software updated recently.    Was having this issue for awhile (early Oct?) but resolved itself a week or so ago.  Returned after updating to emby-server 4.3.0.26 a couple of days ago?   Generally run latest beta available--update often.  

Last weeks update to Emby Server Beta 4.4.2 and Emby Roku beta app v3.0-build 203 seems to have remedied this dropping-back-to-Home-Menu issue I'd been having for quite awhile.  Thanks!  

sekondchakra

Last weeks update to Emby Server Beta 4.4.2 and Emby Roku beta app v3.0-build 203 seems to have remedied this dropping-back-to-Home-Menu issue I'd been having for quite awhile.  Thanks!  

This problem has resurfaced after upgrading to emby server beta v4.4.0.2-4 this evening.  

This problem has resurfaced after upgrading to emby server beta v4.4.0.2-4 this evening.  

@@sekondchakra can you please create a topic in the Roku section of the community? Thanks !

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
PRAGMA

That CAN'T be right, but sure enough.  The beta is still there...

I just now moved to docker, easy enough transfer, just use Kitematic, install it with that, and in Volumes, set /config to /var/lib/emby, done. (p.s. make sure you power off pacman emby-server prior to any docker business or your gonna have a bad time with database locks)

Edited by PRAGMA

On 6/9/2020 at 10:22 PM, PRAGMA said:

The Arch Linux package has completely disappeared?

It should be restored now. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
fattony

Have a look at emby's systemd service file, is there a line ReadWritePaths= 

if so you may need to add a path to your folder

systemctl edit emby-server

[Service]
ReadWritePaths=/path/to/my/share

regards

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fattony said:

Have a look at emby's systemd service file, is there a line ReadWritePaths= 

if so you may need to add a path to your folder

systemctl edit emby-server

[Service]
ReadWritePaths=/path/to/my/share

regards

8 minutes ago, ZombTux said:

Where you can explain more please im new on linux and new on emby lol

None of that is necessary, simply add the user `emby` to a group in which the files are allowed read-access to. I believe there's also a group called `emby` which you could use.

You could go ahead and make a NEW group called `homeserver` or such and add root, all your users, and `emby` to that group. Once done, make sure that you set all files to use the `homeserver` group (keep the user perms set to you though). `sudo chown username:homeserver -R /path/to/root/of/your/files/you/wanna/share`

Seb8888
2 minutes ago, PRAGMA said:

None of that is necessary, simply add the user `emby` to a group in which the files are allowed read-access to. I believe there's also a group called `emby` which you could use.

You could go ahead and make a NEW group called `homeserver` or such and add root, all your users, and `emby` to that group. Once done, make sure that you set all files to use the `homeserver` group (keep the user perms set to you though). `sudo chown username:homeserver -R /path/to/root/of/your/files/you/wanna/share`

When i try change permission on my folder im not root where i can change this on terminal ?

11 minutes ago, ZombTux said:

anyone ?

Hi there, have you checked out our file permissions guide?

Thought this was about the best place to post my issue. I just moved Sputnik (2020) to my movies from it's temporary location and I cannot get it to pull information when I select identify. I get no results at all. I decided to try on other movies in the library and it's the same even though everything else in the library and my other libraries  are correct. Any idea why Emby might not be pulling data from any of the sites setup just for this? Steps attempted below. Thanks

launched emby

opened movies library

found what sputnix was being called

clicked the 3 dots

selected identify

searched for sputnik nothing

searched for sputnik 2020 nothing

searched by it's movie database number nothing

embyserver.txt

Edited by AGhost

On 8/29/2020 at 2:25 PM, ZombTux said:

Hello im new here do you have tutorial how give access on my folder on Manjaro ?

If you're using Manjaro KDE which I'd personally suggest you do you can simply add the Services Menu and then the Root Action to that. Then you would be able to rightclick in the folder you want to share with Emby and under Root Actions select ownership to active user, click yes when asked, then enter your password. They can walk you through adding the above on the Manjaro forums, or you can go to the KDE forums and request help there. 

Edited by AGhost