Arch Linux

Luke

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

In Emby Dashboard, it often says a new version of Emby Server is available  (installed on my Odroid C2 Arch64 is 3.2.27.0, last showed is 3.2.34.0).

How can we get the updated version automatically, or, is it possible to be always up-to-date ?

Thanks.

Best regards,

alucryd

@@tealc59 There is no automatic update, you'll get the update like everybody else, by updating via pacman when the update hits the repo. It may take longer to reach Arch Linux ARM, I have no idea how fast an update to the official Arch repos hits theirs.

@@tealc59 There is no automatic update, you'll get the update like everybody else, by updating via pacman when the update hits the repo. It may take longer to reach Arch Linux ARM, I have no idea how fast an update to the official Arch repos hits theirs.

Thanks for your answer   :) .

alucryd
FFmpeg needs to be built with the following flags:
--enable-omx --enable-omx-rpi

I'm guessing the Arch Linux ARM package probably mirrors the regular Arch Linux one which doesn't have it enabled, you'll probably have to build your own ffmpeg if you want to benefit from OMX hardware decoding.

Hi All,

This has probably been asked before.

I am wondering if emby/electron can be run on Wayland? 

The reason I ask is that I have a Rock64 ARM SBC which I would like to run Emby Thearter on. The Linux build I am using  has accelerated MPV/FFMPEG/LIBSL etc .. but only available on Wayland.

Thanks

EDIT: Oops, posted to the wrong forum topic, can an admin please put in appropriate thread .. maybe here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17869-emby-theater-for-linux/

Edited by ebike

puithove

Thanks @@alucryd - this is working for me.  I'm reporting a successful build of the package and dependencies, and direct replacement of the emby-server-beta-git package I had previously installed.  My data dir was already /var/lib/emby so no issues there.

Looks nice and clean for me on first impression, I'll run with this going forward and report if I see any issues.

• 3 months later...
Handl3vogn

Does anyone know when arch repository will get the latest version of emby-server? 

Edited by Handl3vogn

• 4 weeks later...
Handl3vogn

Whats going on with the arch version?

It haven't been updated since 2017-12-23 and is now several versions behind.

Don't mean to nag, but the arch version is the only version I can get to work with SSL certificate.

• 2 weeks later...
tealc59

Thanks a lot for any update to Arch-Linux branch  :-)

It seems latest Emby Server versions add very interesting things  (ex: absolute ordering) !

Regards,

Does anyone know how to install emby server on a Raspberry Pi Model 3B with Arch running? The emby-server arch repro is outdated and not available. So "sudo pacman -S emby-server" doesn't find any repro. Other yaourt packages are not build for ARMv7. Is there somewhere a complete guide for RPi 3 with hardware encoding support?

Greetings,

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to install emby server on a Raspberry Pi Model 3B with Arch running? The emby-server arch repro is outdated and not available. So "sudo pacman -S emby-server" doesn't find any repro. Other yaourt packages are not build for ARMv7. Is there somewhere a complete guide for RPi 3 with hardware encoding support?

Greetings,

What do you mean "not available"? The release is a little behind but it should be available. We should have it updated to the latest next week. Thanks.

What do you mean "not available"? The release is a little behind but it should be available. We should have it updated to the latest next week. Thanks.

I mean, if i use "pacman -S emby-server", it tells me "error: target not found: emby-server". Maybe because it's outdated? I'm new to Arch so I'm not quite sure why this happens. Also if i try to install emby manually with "sudo pacman -U https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/emby-server/download/" the installation fails due/warns about to dependency problems:

":: emby-server: requires dotnet-runtime

:: emby-server: requires skia-sharp58"

What should i do? Skip the dependencies? Or i will wait till a updated version next week is available.

Edited by Zuui

alucryd

I mean, if i use "pacman -S emby-server", it tells me "error: target not found: emby-server". Maybe because it's outdated? I'm new to Arch so I'm not quite sure why this happens. Also if i try to install emby manually with "sudo pacman -U https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/emby-server/download/" the installation fails due/warns about to dependency problems:

":: emby-server: requires dotnet-runtime

:: emby-server: requires skia-sharp58"

What should i do? Skip the dependencies? Or i will wait till a updated version next week is available.

A package doesn't just disappear, you're either using a bad mirror, or you didn't even refresh the package list. Here, have a read.

alucryd

@@Zuui Didn't see your previous message, Arch Linux ARM removed the emby-server package ever since I switched to dotnet core. Arch Linux ARM is completely independant from mainline Arch Linux, so I have no control over what they do, and I can't guarantee they'll ever start packaging the dotnet core runtime as well as skiasharp.

As an alternative, you may use the arm32v7 (neon) docker version on your rpi, it's working quite well here: https://hub.docker.com/r/emby/embyserver_arm32v7_neon/

@@Zuui Didn't see your previous message, Arch Linux ARM removed the emby-server package ever since I switched to dotnet core. Arch Linux ARM is completely independant from mainline Arch Linux, so I have no control over what they do, and I can't guarantee they'll ever start packaging the dotnet core runtime as well as skiasharp.

As an alternative, you may use the arm32v7 (neon) docker version on your rpi, it's working quite well here: https://hub.docker.com/r/emby/embyserver_arm32v7_neon/

Thanks for your quick reply. I didn't knew that Arch ARM is independept of mainline Arch. Good to know! I will give the docker image a try on the weekend.

alucryd

The emby package in the Arch Linux repositories is now up to date. Enjoy.