Roku not connecting to server

anmgarvin

anmgarvin

Starting this week my Media Browser 3 app on my Roku 3 no longer connects to the server running on my Windows 8.1 machine. Keep in mind that i am able to access the server from my Samsung TV as well as using the mobile app. Both work perfectly fine still. I was using the 1.4 Roku app version, I tried deleting that app and downloading the new 1.6 version released just last week with no luck. 

With the new app and new "pin" method,I'm able to see my server in a pre-populated list, but when i attempt to "connect to server" i get an error saying "Unable to Connect - We were unable to connect to this server. Please make sure it is running and try again". I have also tried to manually enter my IP address and port and get the exact same error. 

I have checked all settings and everything is working fine. However i noticed that when i look under the "devices" tap in the mediabrowser control panel, It no longer lists the Roku as being connected. I can see the web browser i am in, the samsung tv's, my OnePlus android, etc etc, but no ROKU. 

Any help would be great. 

Thanks for reading.

Did the issue occur before on the 1.4 version or just with the new 1.6? Does it occur with the version in the public roku store?

anmgarvin

It first occurred with the 1.4 version. I tried to delete and re-install the 1.4 version first. No luck. Then tried the 1.6 version. Also no luck but using the pin method i can now at least see my server in that list, but when i click "connect to server" i get those errors. So yes it occurs with the public version in the Roku store. Also note that i am running server Version 3.0.5424.1 

Edited by anmgarvin

Well the version in the public roku store doesn't have the pin code yet, that's why for my own debugging purposes it would be nice to know exactly which versions it happens on and which it doesn't.

For reference, the public store is actually to 1.64 now. The private beta is up to 1.71. Make sure you're using the roku apps here:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/8001-media-browser-for-roku-channel/

anmgarvin

Ok. Just added version 1.64 and tried to locate my server. When scanning for the server i get the error "No Server Found - We were unable to find a server running on your local network. Please make sure your server is running or if you continue to have problems, manually add the server."  

Now when i try to manually add the server i get the error, "Unable to Connect - We were unable to connect to this server. Please make sure it is running before attempting to add it to the server list"

Jackrats

I had this exact same behavior earlier tonight. Of course it happened when trying to show the wife how to use things. Of course.

In any event, the very curious element here was that tcpdump'ing on my server showed that the Roky wasn't sending any packets to the server at all. Therefore nothing in the server logs of course, either.

This happened on both of the MediaBrowser channels I have installed on the Roku - 1.64 and 1.72.

At some point after dinner, I tried again and both clients now connect.

I am also having the same issues as described above.  when I tell it to scan network to find a server.  It says " we were able to find a local server on your network at the following address" and it lists the address.  when I click continue it comes back with " we were unable to connect to this server. Please make sure it is running before attempting to add it to the server list"  running version 1.64 of the roku client and 3.0.5424.1 of the server on a windows 8.1 machine.  Everything was working fine last week but when I came back home from traveling I was presented with this issue.

I am also having the same issues as described above.  when I tell it to scan network to find a server.  It says " we were able to find a local server on your network at the following address" and it lists the address.  when I click continue it comes back with " we were unable to connect to this server. Please make sure it is running before attempting to add it to the server list"  running version 1.64 of the roku client and 3.0.5424.1 of the server on a windows 8.1 machine.  Everything was working fine last week but when I came back home from traveling I was presented with this issue.

Update to the latest version because you no longer tell it to scan network

anmgarvin

My roku app now connects. But i am not able to connect any of my other devices anymore. The Android app cannot find the server, my samsung tv cannot find the server. I've also used the Samsung TV app in the past and now it just says that there is a developer error and it cannot download the app from the IP address. 

im really new to this got everything set up right on the latest official realese but my roku wont connect to my server which im running off my pc. what do i do?

im really new to this got everything set up right on the latest official realese but my roku wont connect to my server which im running off my pc. what do i do?

Start a new topic, and provide a little more detail - what screen do you the Roku, did you get an error message, etc. Also, please post the server log, which you can find instructions for here:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

anmgarvin

I've posted my server logs and still haven't gotten any idea of an answer. Sadly i had to make a switch to another service until this can be remedied.

I've posted my server logs and still haven't gotten any idea of an answer. Sadly i had to make a switch to another service until this can be remedied.

if you can post the log from the device that will be best. you have to install from the zip. instructions are in the first post. although i would try again on the new public update.