OpenMediaVault

Luke

Hello,

I'm running Emby on OMV with a docker and a 3200g APU

I'm struggling to get hardware transcoding to work and CPU only transcoding is to slow,

I've looked at the links given here but sadly I’m a noob and can't get it to work.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

@@adamericson can we please look at an example? Please open a new topic and attach the information requested in how to report a problem. Thanks !

indyjones

Hi @@Luke, I believe so. This server is at my parents and they don't ask me to add their media to our very often.

I did however find a work around, if I restarted omv then restarted docker it would connect to scrape media again for a while. I am trying to remember but restarting OMV might be optional too, the key part is restarting docker. If you restart just the server/OMV, or emby server it does not work.

Edited by indyjones

Ok, we're about to release Emby Server 4.4 so please re-evaluate with that. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Irontony

Hi there.

I would like to ask for a bit of help regarding volume paths.

I have setup OMV5 in a small SSD and i have mounted (amateurish) an external disk for Data.

I have data folders in the external hdd , but I have not been able to
link those correctly.

I have both myself and a user called emby setup in OMV5 (with access privileges),

as well as created these two users within emby server. Nevertheless I have been unable to
access my media paths correctly.

When I try to select a path for a new library (e.g. a Pictures library) via emby server,
the host/Volume path to the external hdd, is not recognised.
The wizard complains that the path I issue (e.g. /srv/dev-disk-by-label-300GB/Music) is invalid (though it is existent).

My current paths are as follows:

HOST/VOLUME                                                                                                     PATH IN CONTAINER

/mnt/medialibrary/music                                                                                         /data/music

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-300GB/appdata/tony/.config/appdata/emby                       /config

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-300GB/appdata/tony/.config/appdata/shared                     /shared

I would like to have the paths in container linked to the external /srv/dev-disk-by-label-300GB, instead
of linking to /mnt/.....
Any words of advice in order to align the paths to the external hdd?

Edited by Irontony

Hi there.

I have setup OMV5 in a small SSD and i have mounted (amateurish) an external disk for Data.

link those correctly.

I have both myself and a user called emby setup in OMV5 (with access privileges),

as well as created these two users within emby server. Nevertheless I have been unable to

When I try to select a path for a new library (e.g. a Pictures library) via emby server,

The wizard complains that the path I issue (e.g. /srv/dev-disk-by-label-300GB/Music) is invalid (though it is existent).

HOST/VOLUME                                                                                                     PATH IN CONTAINER

/mnt/medialibrary/music                                                                                         /data/music

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-300GB/appdata/tony/.config/appdata/emby                       /config

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-300GB/appdata/tony/.config/appdata/shared                     /shared

I would like to have the paths in container linked to the external /srv/dev-disk-by-label-300GB, instead

of linking to /mnt/.....

Hi, how did you install emby server?

Riggs

Hi there.

link those correctly.

of linking to /mnt/.....

This maybe help https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9754-docker/page-89&do=findComment&comment=871242

Easy install Emby on Portainer with OMV 5.

PULL:

emby/embyserver   <------ for stable version

emby/embyserver:beta   <--------for beta version

1-NETWORK:  HOST

2-RESTART POLICY: ALWAYS

3-VOLUMES SECTION:

A- YOUR SHARES

/mnt/share1 ( always choose bind)

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-YOUR-SHARE/YOUR-SHARE (you need to get the absolute path like the example)

( you can add more shares, for the second /mnt/share2  and so)

B- YOUR CONFIG FILE PATH

/config

/srv/appdata/emby

---------------------------------------------------------------

ENVIRONMENTAL SECTION: (Check your user ID first)

UID=1000

GID=100

GIDLIST=100

LAST STEP:

Click on DEPLOY CONTAINER. (wait a few seconds)

That's all.

• 3 weeks later...
lefou-volant

Maybe related I want to change my transcode path on an external SSD  @ dev-disk-by-label-SSD_500/transcode how can I findt this path in  Transcoding temporary path: ?

On plex there is an entry container volumes but not for emby

Edited by lefou-volant

Maybe related I want to change my transcode path on an external SSD  @ dev-disk-by-label-SSD_500/transcode how can I findt this path in  Transcoding temporary path: ?

Hi, what do you mean by "How can i find this path"? Did you try entering it manually?

Riggs

No needed for Emby. BUT if you want a dedicated folder, just create a folder for transcode shared with the name you want and add that folder to the shares

Ex.  /mnt/share1 ( always choose bind)

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-YOUR-SHARE/YOUR-SHARE (you need to get the absolute path like the example)

READ THIS: share1 can be share2, 3, or whatever number you need. Example: if you have already two shares named share1 and share2 with his paths; then create share3 to transcode and add the path like above ( /srv/dev-disk-by-label-YOUR-SHARE/YOUR-SHARE)

I use a share for my backups, you can do the same with your transcodes

cc @@Luke

Hope helps.

Edit. Quick resume: You need to have/create a shared folder for your transcoding, then use the web server interface and look for the folder that you shared to use for transcode. If the folder is not created, shared and added to the docker you never can't find the path.

Edited by Riggs

Ratatouille

No needed for Emby. BUT if you want a dedicated folder, just create a folder for transcode shared with the name you want and add that folder to the shares

Ex.  /mnt/share1 ( always choose bind)

READ THIS: share1 can be share2, 3, or whatever number you need. Example: if you have already two shares named share1 and share2 with his paths; then create share3 to transcode and add the path like above ( /srv/dev-disk-by-label-YOUR-SHARE/YOUR-SHARE)

I use a share for my backups, you can do the same with your transcodes

cc @@Luke

Hope helps.

Edit. Quick resume: You need to have/create a shared folder for your transcoding, then use the web server interface and look for the folder that you shared to use for transcode. If the folder is not created, shared and added to the docker you never can't find the path.

This exactly my problem I can see the share3 thru emby but not the share folder transcode like I can see inside mnt/share1 or 2

the path in doker  is /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SSD_500/transcode:mnt/share3 but mnt/share3 is empty in emby

OMV bkup.zip

Edited by Ratatouille

Ratatouille

Hi, what do you mean by "How can i find this path"? Did you try entering it manually?

I tried this \\192.168.2.30/mnt/share3/srv/dev-disk-by-label-SSD_500/transcode but not working

I tried this \\192.168.2.30/mnt/share3/srv/dev-disk-by-label-SSD_500/transcode but not working

Well you're mixing your slashes there. Try mounting that to a local share in the OS, then add the local share path into Emby. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

Ratatouille

Well you're mixing your slashes there. Try mounting that to a local share in the OS, then add the local share path into Emby. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

I had the feeling I was mixing the slash, so what should be the exact path in my case since the sharefolder is transcode?

I had the feeling I was mixing the slash, so what should be the exact path in my case since the sharefolder is transcode?

Well this is specific to your environment, so I can't fully answer that for you, but have you mounted it to a local share?

Ratatouille

Well this is specific to your environment, so I can't fully answer that for you, but have you mounted it to a local share?

yes it is mounted and visible to samba share as  transcode like the other mnt 1 & 2 witch are visible but not this one anyway my environment is mnt/share3/srv/dev-disk-by-label-SSD_500/transcode. So what would be the path?

The mounted path, which based on what you're saying, sounds like  mnt/share3/srv/dev-disk-by-label-SSD_500/transcode

Ratatouille

The mounted path, which based on what you're saying, sounds like  mnt/share3/srv/dev-disk-by-label-SSD_500/transcode

I think I tried this before anyway result is The path could not be found. Please ensure the path is valid and try again.

The most I can do   mnt/share3/ and save

Are you able to browse to the mount in the states file browser?

Ratatouille

Now Just change the sharefolder to only guest now I can save it as /mnt/share3/transcoding-temp 

transcoding-temp is a folder inside transcode so I guess it is resolved?

Now Just change the sharefolder to only guest now I can save it as /mnt/share3/transcoding-temp 

transcoding-temp is a folder inside transcode so I guess it is resolved?

If Emby Server is able to write to the folder, then yes it is now resolved.

Ratatouille

This is working I checked with some subtitles on a movie and it was using it an deleted the transcode files, strange since for the config folders I did not have to give this type of permission

Other question if I want to use ram instead of SSD for transcoding is temp the name I should use there?

This is working I checked with some subtitles on a movie and it was using it an deleted the transcode files, strange since for the config folders I did not have to give this type of permission

Other question if I want to use ram instead of SSD for transcoding is temp the name I should use there?

The name of the folder can be anything you want, you just have to configure the path for it in emby server settings.

• Like 1

Riggs

OMV and Docker sometimes have problems with the permissions. 

They have a plugin called: openmediavault-resetperms 5.0

Is available in the plugins section

Once is installed you can find the tool in the Shared Folders sections in the tab "Reset Permissions"

Cheers.