OpenMediaVault

Luke

Pampelschuster

I did build ffmpeg and installed it in /usr/local/bin. And it actually worked fine when i installed emby manually and i can use it with "ffmpeg -i /some/input.mp4 /output/dir/". But i wanted to use emby as plugin in omv so i tried it again.

But when i'm trying to activate the plugin it throws me:

"Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf emby moveDbFolder 2>&1': Moving database from to ... chmod: cannot access `/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg/*/ffmpeg': No such file or directory"

So i expected the plugin to look for ffmpeg in "/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg/*/" and moved it there.
That broke the global "ffmpeg"-command but i could still use it with "/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg/150127/ffmpeg" and i could activate the plugin without any error but the web interface isn't reachable and the service is not running.  :(

Pampelschuster

armv71

Update: Ok sry, it works now. I did the following:

1. install plugin

2. build and install ffmpeg in /var/lib/emby/ffmpeg/20150917/

3. activate plugin (it gave me an error saying that some "arial"-font file was missing, ignored it)

4. (what i didn't do before) WAIT  :D

after 1-2 minutes emby actually did start and i can access the web interface. I guess it would have worked before, if i just gave it a little time to start up... So everything is fine now  :)

Edited by Pampelschuster

@ap90033 

Upgrade to latest plugin version 2.4 and there is information on the html notes that will solve your problem.

I have latest version. Went to help which took me to mediabrowser wiki. Is that the right place? Also the TV Guide keeps getting blanked out. I use Schedules Direct and it works initially. Then it loses settings and I have to completely delete and re-set it up.

Edited by ap90033

@@Pampelschuster   Can you zip that ffmpeg you built and put it somewhere where I can download it?????  Give me a link?  Also, could you give me a copy of one of your server logs so I can see it the imagemagick and webp I built are loading OK. 

@@ap90033  No, it is in the Notes right on the settings page of the plugin.  You need to do that usermod command so Emby will be able to write to folders.  There is also a setting in the Emby UI if you also want meta data to be saved to your media folders.

Edited by tekkb

Thanks, I have set both.  Now that everything is set per info given, I cannot watch any live tv and assume this will not help with recording. Also, I do not think that will fix my issue with the Guide lineup disappearing?  

Edited by ap90033

Thanks, I have set both.  Now that everything is set per info given, I cannot watch any live tv and assume this will not help with recording. Also, I do not think that will fix my issue with the Guide lineup disappearing?  

Hi, Since this is not related specifically to installing on OMV, if you don't mind creating a separate topic describing your issue, I can help you there. Thanks.

• Like 1

@@Luke,  can you get me the line you guys use to configure ffmpeg when you build it??   ./configure ?? ?? ??

BTW, the latest version of Emby is working really well.  The only thing I am having issues with, and this happened several version ago, is that the logos are not dropping down.  Don't know what is causing this.

Edited by tekkb

@@Luke,  can you get me the line you guys use to configure ffmpeg when you build it??   ./configure ?? ?? ??

BTW, the latest version of Emby is working really well.  The only thing I am having issues with, and this happened several version ago, is that the logos are not dropping down.  Don't know what is causing this.

This is what we use

http://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/

mrwicket

hello all

I have OMV running on a Banana Pi and am hitting a snag with Emby. I have it installed and I can see my media but when I try to play something it doesn't play.. Is it because I need the ffmpeg for ARM that @Pampelschuster made? It appears ffmpeg is in the correct location with symbolic link because I get this output when I ls -la the emby folder.

ls -la /media/7aaa221c-b3cd-4727-9269-9043544c7604/emby shows me this.

total 300
drwxr-sr-x 13 emby users     4096 Nov  1 19:12 .
drwxr-xr-x  7 root root      4096 Nov  1 22:46 ..
drwxr-xr-x 13 emby nogroup   4096 Nov  2 03:00 cache
drwxr-xr-x  4 emby nogroup   4096 Nov  1 20:45 config
drwxr-xr-x  8 emby nogroup   4096 Nov  2 00:16 data
lrwxrwxrwx  1 emby nogroup     21 Nov  1 19:12 ffmpeg -> /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
drwx------  3 emby nogroup   4096 Nov  1 12:22 .gnome2
drwx------  2 emby nogroup   4096 Nov  1 12:22 .gnome2_private
drwxr-xr-x  2 emby nogroup   4096 Nov  1 02:56 localization
drwxr-xr-x  2 emby nogroup 258048 Nov  3 00:20 logs
drwxr-xr-x  7 emby nogroup   4096 Nov  2 03:00 metadata
drwxr-xr-x  3 emby nogroup   4096 Nov  1 12:22 root
drwxr-xr-x  2 emby nogroup   4096 Nov  1 02:57 ssl
drwxr-xr-x  2 emby nogroup   4096 Nov  1 16:52 transcoding-temp

arch gives me this

armv7l

Only other thing I can think of is some kind of access/permissions thing. I hope I can get this working so I can ditch Plex as I would much rather support Emby.

anyways, let me know what other info you may need and thanks.

Pampelschuster

I have to say that i'm quite new to all of this... I build ffmpeg using this code, that i put together from different tutorials:

sudo apt-get update;
sudo apt-get -y -install autoconf automake build-essential libass-dev libfreetype6-dev libsdl1.2-dev libtheora-dev libtool libva-dev libvdpau-dev libvorbis-dev libxcb1-dev libxcb-shm0-dev libxcb-xfixes0-dev pkg-config texinfo zlib1g-dev libfaac-dev libmp3lame-dev libx264-dev yasm git autoconf automake build-essential libtool pkg-config texi2html

mkdir ~/ffmpeg_sources;
cd ~/ffmpeg_sources;
wget http://download.videolan.org/pub/x264/snapshots/last_x264.tar.bz2;
tar xjvf last_x264.tar.bz2;
cd x264-snapshot*;
PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" ./configure --prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" --bindir="$HOME/bin" --enable-static;
PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" make;
make install;
make distclean;
sudo apt-get -y --force-yes install cmake mercurial;

cd ~/ffmpeg_sources;
hg clone https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x265;
cd ~/ffmpeg_sources/x265/build/linux;
PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" -DENABLE_SHARED:bool=off ../../source;
make;
make install;
make distclean;
cd ~/ffmpeg_sources;
wget -O fdk-aac.tar.gz https://github.com/mstorsjo/fdk-aac/tarball/master;
tar xzvf fdk-aac.tar.gz;
cd mstorsjo-fdk-aac*;
autoreconf -fiv;
./configure --prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" --disable-shared;
make;
make install;
make distclean;
sudo apt-get -y --force-yes install nasm;

cd ~/ffmpeg_sources;
wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/lame/lame/3.99/lame-3.99.5.tar.gz;
tar xzvf lame-3.99.5.tar.gz;
cd lame-3.99.5;
./configure --prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" --enable-nasm --disable-shared;
make;
make install;
make distclean;

cd ~/ffmpeg_sources
wget http://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2
tar xjvf ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2
cd ffmpeg
PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib/pkgconfig" ./configure \
  --prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" \
  --pkg-config-flags="--static" \
  --extra-cflags="-I$HOME/ffmpeg_build/include" \
  --extra-ldflags="-L$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib" \
  --bindir=/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg/20150917 \
  --enable-gpl \
  --enable-libass \
  --enable-libfdk-aac \
  --enable-libfreetype \
  --enable-libmp3lame \
  --enable-libx264 \
  --enable-libx265 \
  --enable-nonfree
PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" make
make install

If i understand it correctly, i can't upload the compiled version because of some licensing issues? 

@@mrwicket

you should know, that the banana pi isn't capable of transcoding media. Only direct stream should work without any problems.

You can check the "transcoding-log" under Support/Logs to see if ffmpeg is working correctly. 

mrwicket

@@mrwicket

you should know, that the banana pi isn't capable of transcoding media. Only direct stream should work without any problems.

You can check the "transcoding-log" under Support/Logs to see if ffmpeg is working correctly.

thanks for the reply Pampelschuster. Yeah sadly it just doesn't have the transcoding juice so I previously had converted all my media for Plex into formats that the Pi could direct stream and it all worked. I've just been wanting to switch from Plex for a while now so I really hope I can get this to work.

here's the log under /media/7aaa221c-b3cd-4727-9269-9043544c7604/emby/logs

http://ipaddress:8096/emby/videos/9568f27a1f0430cc861b86ee5e03db5d/live.m3u8?DeviceId=aa5d55f3ac25c3b72bbced7b0b14a3ef516c4a6b&MediaSourceId=9568f27a1f0430cc861b86ee5e03db5d&VideoCodec=h264&AudioCodec=aac&VideoBitrate=153280000&AudioBitrate=320000&MaxAudioChannels=6&MaxHeight=1080&Level=41&ClientTime=635821632101150080&Profile=high&PlaySessionId=5dafa25238bd464f924c21f4ca13f974&api_key=6d3b7345a7e546608c602e9a2bbd3213

{"Protocol":"File","Id":"9568f27a1f0430cc861b86ee5e03db5d","Path":"/media/7aaa221c-b3cd-4727-9269-9043544c7604/Media/Videos/Movies/The Princess And The Frog.mp4","Type":"Default","Container":"mp4","Name":"","ReadAtNativeFramerate":false,"SupportsTranscoding":true,"SupportsDirectStream":true,"SupportsDirectPlay":true,"RequiresOpening":false,"RequiresClosing":false,"VideoType":"VideoFile","MediaStreams":[],"PlayableStreamFileNames":[],"Formats":[],"RequiredHttpHeaders":{}}

/media/7aaa221c-b3cd-4727-9269-9043544c7604/emby/ffmpeg/20150917/ffmpeg -fflags +genpts -i file:"/media/7aaa221c-b3cd-4727-9269-9043544c7604/Media/Videos/Movies/The Princess And The Frog.mp4" -map_metadata -1 -threads 0 -sn -codec:v:0 libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset superfast -crf 23 -b:v 153280000 -maxrate 153280000 -bufsize 306560000 -vsync vfr -profile:v high -level 41 -force_key_frames "expr:gte(t,n_forced*3)" -vf "scale=trunc(oh*a/2)*2:min(ih\,1080)" -sc_threshold 0 -codec:a:0 aac -strict experimental -ac 6 -ab 320000 -af "adelay=1,aresample=async=1" -hls_time 3 -start_number 0 -hls_list_size 0 -hls_base_url "hls/3aa5fe62bd1f765a61e1634e79c6ff4f/" -y "/media/7aaa221c-b3cd-4727-9269-9043544c7604/emby/transcoding-temp/3aa5fe62bd1f765a61e1634e79c6ff4f.m3u8"

/media/7aaa221c-b3cd-4727-9269-9043544c7604/emby/ffmpeg/20150917/ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libva.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

so it appears to be in error loading shared libraries. You guys have any ideas?

Edited by mrwicket

mrwicket

just to let everyone know @Pampelschuster instructions to build ffmpeg worked and my files now play. well kind of.. there is a lot of stuttering because I think it's trying to transcode everything when it shouldn't. Is there a way to completely disable transcoding? Wonder if the Banana Pi Pro is powerful enough to transcode or maybe I should just buy some real hardware. :P thanks for the help.

just to let everyone know @Pampelschuster instructions to build ffmpeg worked and my files now play. well kind of.. there is a lot of stuttering because I think it's trying to transcode everything when it shouldn't. Is there a way to completely disable transcoding? Wonder if the Banana Pi Pro is powerful enough to transcode or maybe I should just buy some real hardware. :P thanks for the help.

Hi, welcome. It only transcodes when needed. If you think this isn't the case, can you give an example?

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

mrwicket

Hi, welcome. It only transcodes when needed. If you think this isn't the case, can you give an example?

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

Ok, good to know that it only does if needed. Would changing my playback bitrate help it not transcode? I converted a lot of my stuff to be direct playable to a Chromecast and I hate to compare but Plex played all my media fine from the Pi.. I know it has to just be some setting I am missing or not understanding.. :/ Anyways, I'll attach a log later tonight after work when I have time to mess with stuff again. Thanks for the help on both this as well as the many other answers I've gotten just reading through these forums! :)

the default setting is auto bitrate which is the best choice in most cases. we just need to look at some examples.

mrwicket

the default setting is auto bitrate which is the best choice in most cases. we just need to look at some examples.

Ok, tried to play a few different things so here are a few examples from the /emby/logs attached below.

let me know if you need anything else and again thanks. 

transcode-14ddb163-98db-4f62-a591-993e4ceba3d9.txt

transcode-a9a40f68-c98b-4d74-bbf9-21e808e21617.txt

transcode-9e394291-d54a-436a-b60e-d81f607edd95.txt

these are all missing media info which is preventing them from being played efficiently. try using the refresh buttons on the web client detail page to manually refresh these titles. what probably happened is the media info failed initially while you had issues with ffmpeg. now that you've got ffmpeg, try refreshing them so that you can see media info at the bottom of the web client detail page.

mrwicket

these are all missing media info which is preventing them from being played efficiently. try using the refresh buttons on the web client detail page to manually refresh these titles. what probably happened is the media info failed initially while you had issues with ffmpeg. now that you've got ffmpeg, try refreshing them so that you can see media info at the bottom of the web client detail page.

that worked!! got it all up and it's working amazingly! :)

So as a recap, you need to build ffmpeg using the steps @Pampelschuster posted and then you can load your media and the Banana Pi works great. Thank you so much for the help! :)

• 1 month later...

hello,

i can't install emby plugin 

Reading state information...

The following NEW packages will be installed:
  openmediavault-emby
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/22.7 kB of archives.
After this operation, 85.0 kB of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  openmediavault-emby
Authentication warning overridden.
Selecting previously unselected package openmediavault-emby.
(Reading database ...
61296 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking openmediavault-emby (from .../openmediavault-emby_2.4_all.deb) ...
Processing triggers for openmediavault ...
Restarting engine daemon ...
Setting up openmediavault-emby (2.4) ...
Adding emby user...
...ok
Removing old pid file if present...
Initial configuration...
...ok
Launch triggers...
...ok
Launching Emby install procedure...
update-rc.d: error: no runlevel symlinks to modify, aborting!
update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
Installing Emby...
Downloading...
Resolving github.com (github.com)...
Connecting to github.com (github.com)|192.30.252.129|:443...
connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
301 Moved Permanently
Reusing existing connection to github.com:443.
404 Not Found
2015-12-28 18:42:53 ERROR 404: Not Found.

dpkg: error processing openmediavault-emby (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 8
Processing triggers for openmediavault ...
Updating locale files ...
Updating file permissions ...
Purging internal cache ...
Restarting engine daemon ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 openmediavault-emby
Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
Creating index of openmediavault plugins ...
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
<<< *************************************

>>> *************** Error ***************
Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-emby 2>&1': Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

The path.

Do you open the previous link?.

your problem is your path to emby package:

--2015-12-28 18:42:52--  https://github.com/M...rowser.Mono.zip
Reusing existing connection to github.com:443.
404 Not Found
2015-12-28 18:42:53 ERROR 404: Not Found.

and correct path is described in http://forums.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/6033-openmediavault-emby-plugin-formerly-mediabrowser/?postID=100412#post100412

Edited by Raulfg3