OpenMediaVault

Luke

there is no throttling with music. clients do not have to wait for a conversion to complete before they can start playing.

ellnic

Hrm. That's odd then. Not entirely sure why I saw ffmpeg in htop... it's been a long day ;)

Some tracks seem to start instantly, not others. Same album :wacko: Anyway, It's not too much of an issue, the next song in the album seems to play without delay, it's only when clicking on something.

Edited by ellnic

ellnic

@@Luke, really enjoyed playing around with Emby on my OMV today. One of the things I love is how much more control you have over editing the metadata than other servers. It's spot on. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

wrenhal

I'll ask here and on the OMV forums.  You say for AMD64 users.  Is this only AMD or just the AMD64 branch of OMV?  Because I'm running an Intel processor but is 64-bit and shows I'm running this:

55298e5c0df48_OMV.png

Don't do anything special to accommodate OMV.   Got it working....

Temp fix for amd64 users.  We should be able to get the plugin fixed in a week or two.

http://forums.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/6033-openmediavault-mediabrowser-plugin-currently-v1-10-0/?pageNo=23

@@Luke, really enjoyed playing around with Emby on my OMV today. One of the things I love is how much more control you have over editing the metadata than other servers. It's spot on. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear it. 

For those on OMV having trouble with ImageMagick, the next server release will have a fallback that will allow it to revert to the previous GDI-based image processing. The CoverArt plugin won't be supported, and the dynamic images will not look as pretty, but everything else will run the same. So you should try to get ImageMagick running, but if you can't it will still be able to run.

tekkb

I would actually not recommend it Luke.  You should see how much cleaner the logs files are now.  March forward and we deal with it.

• Like 1

I would actually not recommend it Luke.  You should see how much cleaner the logs files are now.  March forward and we deal with it.

You're right. Actually part of the reason is I'm having the same problem resolving the dependencies with the Mac server. In time we'll get it figured out, but right now I don't want the mac release to be tied down because of this. Once it's all figured out then I may remove the fallback.

ellnic

I'll ask here and on the OMV forums. You say for AMD64 users. Is this only AMD or just the AMD64 branch of OMV? Because I'm running an Intel processor but is 64-bit and shows I'm running this:

55298e5c0df48_OMV.png

AMD64 means any AMD or Intel 64-bit architecture (and others but we'll stick to Intel and AMD for the purpose of this). Whilst AMD64 is the name that AMD use for their 64-bit arch and Intel 64 (Intel EM64T) is theirs respectively, you will often see releases of 64-bit OS's referred to as either AMD64 or x86-64. Strangely, despite Intel's popularity, the term Intel 64 is rarely used - for example on downloads pages for Linux distros. Some opt to offer the user 32-bit or 64-bit options to avoid confusion. The fact that AMD64 is so frequently seen may have something to do with the fact that even though AMD usually followed Intel's designs, when it came to the 64 bit chips they actually lead the way. Edited by ellnic

• 4 weeks later...
tekkb

Luke, this Version 3.0.5597.1 seemed to fix all the problems with image speed loading in the Windows App.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

I migrated from Windows 7 based server to OMV+Emby Plugin.  Everything went smoothly with the setup except one little issue:  I cannot get MBC/WMC on my HTPC to play contents directly; all videos are being transcoded even though I'm inside my home network.

With my previous Windows server setup, I just followed the How to Make UNC Folder Shares guide and everything would play directly.  Is there similar thing I need to do here?

I currently just point my media location to my shared folders made inside OMV, example: "/media/uuid/sharedfolder/movies".  If I tried to select a network path, nothing shows up.  Is there a proper network path or UNC setup I must do for OMV?

Thanks.

Never mind, I figured it out.  :)

Just need to do Path Substitutions from "/media/uuid/sharedfolder/movies" to "\\server\\shared" etc.

Edited by JAH

• 4 weeks later...
TrainAss

@@tekkb Thank you for the link with the fix. I've been trying to get CoverArt working for quite a while now and was about to give up hope but then I found this thread and your solution!

tekkb

@@Luke

Any ideas on these errors.  Error 1 is when I try to upload a User profile picture.  Error 2 is when I'm trying to upload a primary picture for an Artist.  Can you tell me where the user picture profiles are stored and what, and where, functions are being used to do these actions?  I don't know if I'm missing folders in the working directory for Emby or there is some small error in my code.  Just redid a plugin and looking for some direction.  It is working great besides this.  I may have a name or path error.  Also, can the deny iframe be adjusted anywhere in the Emby UI settings or do you have to do it manually via the xml file?

Debian 7 / mono  / Emby Server latest mono version

It is looking like permissions problem.. trying to track it down.

Thanks....

Error 1.txt

Error 2.txt

Edited by tekkb

@@Luke

Any ideas on these errors.  Error 1 is when I try to upload a User profile picture.  Error 2 is when I'm trying to upload a primary picture for an Artist.  Can you tell me where the user picture profiles are stored and what, and where, functions are being used to do these actions?  I don't know if I'm missing folders in the working directory for Emby or there is some small error in my code.  Just redid a plugin and looking for some direction.  It is working great besides this.  I may have a name or path error.  Also, can the deny iframe be adjusted anywhere in the Emby UI settings or do you have to do it manually via the xml file?

Debian 7 / mono  / Emby Server latest mono version

It is looking like permissions problem.. trying to track it down.

Thanks....

I would need to see the full logs in order to get more context, but please try repeating the operations without using the /emby suffix in the web interface url.

This is currently a confirmed problem under Linux which I have not traced down the root cause for yet. If the issues still reproduce when not using /emby, then we can investigate further, otherwise I'm already looking into it and will make sure it's resolved for the next release.

You can actually just change to http://ipofomv:8096 and it will redirect to home or login as needed.

So you don't need the emby suffix at all but it can also be used http://ipofomv:8096/emby will produce the same result.

The /emby suffix is generally only needed by those using reverse proxies

tekkb

Thanks.. Should have thought to try just the port on my own.

Just the port did not work with first time setup wizard.  spinning arrow

Had to use mediabrowser suffix.

***Update: this spinning arrow problem with the first time setup wizard was due to the home directory of the emby user not being the working directory (database) ***

Edited by tekkb

tekkb

Latest Mono version...

The notification to restart after installing/removing a plugin is causing stuck pid files in Wheezy.  The app internally does not know to call the plugin restart function from the init script. Thus it does not follow the init script restart function commands.  I put a restart button on the plugin that works fine.  A way to disable this restart notification/button would be most helpful.  After a restart with the plugin button the notification is still there.  I have logout and log back in to get rid of it.  An x out on the right side would be good too.   Maybe you have some other ideas???

***Upate, I think I just found that you have a way to disable this notification***  But an option to just disable the restart button would be great !!!!

Also, after a day the trailers channel is not recognizing member support key.  So not allowing access to this channel.  It is not uninstalling either.  Other plugins seem to be uninstall/reinstalling fine.

I should mention that the only place I have issues uploading image using the emby suffix in the address is under the user profile picture.

**Another Upate** I dunno if something was down with the Trailers but I made the working directory the home directory for the Emby user and now it is working...  :D

Edited by tekkb

Latest Mono version...

The notification to restart after installing/removing a plugin is causing stuck pid files in Wheezy.  The app internally does not know to call the plugin restart function from the init script. Thus it does not follow the init script restart function commands.  I put a restart button on the plugin that works fine.  A way to disable this restart notification/button would be most helpful.  After a restart with the plugin button the notification is still there.  I have logout and log back in to get rid of it.  An x out on the right side would be good too.   Maybe you have some other ideas???

***Upate, I think I just found that you have a way to disable this notification***  But an option to just disable the restart button would be great !!!!

Also, after a day the trailers channel is not recognizing member support key.  So not allowing access to this channel.  It is not uninstalling either.  Other plugins seem to be uninstall/reinstalling fine.

I should mention that the only place I have issues uploading image using the emby suffix in the address is under the user profile picture.

**Another Upate** I dunno if something was down with the Trailers but I made the working directory the home directory for the Emby user and now it is working...  :D

Fyi I've added a command line switch that will let you customize the command that is used for restarting. Does that help, or do you still need it removed?

tekkb

I will test it right away when i get the update.  Anything like this in the UI helps.  I can put html instructions for people to adjust things in the UI.  Would like to keep changes in the UI vs. say a manual adjustment to an xml file.

If I can use this I'm good.:

service emby restart

The UI setting for the Iframe would be great too.

Did you do anything with the Trailers Channel???  Is it just down sometimes randomly???  Trying to figure out if the change of home directory for the emby user to the working directory helped.

Thanks for all your input.

Edited by tekkb

it's not actually a UI setting for the user, it's for you, the package maintainer. you can basically have it execute the same script that the OMV control panel executes. For the IFrames I've gone cheap for now and changed it to X-FrameOptions=SAMEORIGIN. Will that be enough for OMV?

For trailers i'm not sure what you're asking exactly. will probably need more info.

tekkb

Same Orgin is to restrictive for all you have going on.... See pic.  Better to leave it as you have it and I'll just tell ppl how to edit the xml file.

Kind of like a poorly done reverse proxy.

post-8445-0-03716900-1435634324_thumb.jpg

Edited by tekkb