Media Center not recognizing Media Browser when on?

Johnz414

Johnz414

Hi,

I keep getting this error when trying to open Media Center even when Media Browser (v 3.0.5424.1) is on:

"ERROR
Could not connect to Media browser 3 Server.
Please be sure it is running on the local network.

Would you like to re-try?"

How can I fix this?

I've re-installed Media Browser (with latest update) and I still get this same error, so what gives? How do I fix this?!

Thanks,

John

Beardyname

Have you installed the server part of Media Browser? Since I'm assuming you are talking about the Windows Media Center addon (known as MBC - Media browser classic)

Johnz414

Ok, I've installed the latest version of Media Browser Classic and still no connection, same error?

I can access MBS in my browser but Windows Media Center, Media Browser Theater and MBC don't connect?

In fact when trying to access MBC it flashes an error very fast and then dissapears before I can read the error? Something about can't connect to MBS and then dissapears before I can read anything else?

Here is the address to MBS in my browser:

http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/dashboard.html?u=25d362822570a4c582fc98a5ec0a3e71&t=d538f5b97f734fafa7133450c65d49c9

Is this to long or something, I don't know what to look for, why it's ot connecting?

Any more suggestions?

I'm thinking of doing a total re-install of OS, hopefully I don't have to. : (

Edited by Johnz414