Images/coverart for new media not loading on homepage

geno27

Whenever I add new content to the server, I have found that the new coverart/screenshots do not load on the homepage of the ipad app. However when I click on a movie or episode, the image appears correctly in the details box. It seems as though the images on the home page are not refreshing when new media is added, and there is no drag to refresh option on the homepage. The Movies and TV sections both show all the coverart and refresh correctly using the drag down method. Does any one know why the home page images aren't appearing? This seems like a problem at the server level since it is happening on multiple ipads and uninstalling/reinstalling the app did not change anything. Is there something I can refresh on the server side? If it's a server issue, I will gladly include a log if needed. This has been happening for a while, through several server updates. Server is currently Version 3.0.5429.25781

546558ecf11b0_20141113195310.png

5465593338c93_20141113195013.png

54655961d90b4_20141113195226.png

skynet600

I can confirm this issue to. My home is empty of images now. Also some individual movies and boxsets have missing images to.

Yes at this point my homepage is also now empty of images. Even the ones that previously were showing images are now empty. When a movie is selected, the movie coverart displays correctly in the details box. When a tv show is selected, the series coverart appears whiles the episode screenshots are empty.

Here is a log file https://www.dropbox.com/s/nu58pq8keif757x/Log.txt?dl=0

Server is Version 3.0.5431.29713

Ipad app 1.1.3

5467daca683d2_20141115174954.png

Anyone know if there is any update on this topic? Is anyone else besides skynet experiencing this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swynol

I was having this issue previously. Are you hiding the user from the login screen so that you have to type the user name and password into mb? If you don't hide the user so that you click the image to login that fixed it for me.

skynet600

I do not hide any users from the login screen.  MB3 for ipad had no facility to change or switch users to my knowledge so perhaps this has some weight?  For MB3 for iphone it has got that facility but after changing user and logging in it still shows no images.  FYI even the user profile image is not showing here.

For your info I have two users.  One is admin and requires a login.  The other does not but has parental controls set.

Swynol

mmm strange, you should be able to change the user. if you look at the pictures above you can see the user icon (little blue circle). 

i've tried to replicate the issues but havent able to. Are you having the same issue with the admin account and the parental controlled account?

skynet600

Yeah I see nothing at all there but the button is there as I can hit that area and get a user choice. Other than that I also added a new server to check. I selected the admin account and entered the password. No change to home. Also it doesn't seem to be possible to remove servers from the list.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lu88hgdqwzso7hq/2014-11-24%2020.59.43.png?dl=0

Edited by skynet600

Swynol

to remove the server swipe left to right on the server name, should be able to edit or delete it.

strangely i was having another play around with it this morning and now the same thing is happening to me. some images are loading however most are not. Yesterday it was working fine for me. (using it remotely atm, will test again locally when I get home)

Also same issue on the iPhone app. android app working fine.

only changes I have done was to update the server last night and restart it.

skynet600

Great news and good work.  I can confirm it is resolved for iphone side.  I will check ipad tonight but I suspect you cracked it.

All images were back to normal on my iPad last night after the server update. Thanks a lot guys. Great work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skynet600

Sorry to say this but this is not entirely fixed for me.  I still have a significant amount of missing images.  In the first image below you see the web client with "Any Given Sunday" and its image.  In the second see three items missing including "Any Given Sunday" (top right).  I cannot find any differences with the one that is working and the one that is not but I have links to the xmls of two movies.  One is working and the other is not.  This affects multiple movie file types like mp4 and mpg for example and as you can see there are no differences in the folder content of both.  Server version is now 3.0.5451.540.  This is only affecting iPad.  IPhone seems to be ok.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5701721/MB3/accused_movie.xml

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5701721/MB3/AnyGivenSunday_movie.xml

5480f72d39282_20141204232457.png

5480f99869636_20141204234136.png

5480f813f3cd9_noimage.jpg

Edited by skynet600

• 1 month later...