FreeNAS plugin

Luke

Josh,

Did you not update the pbi as well?  I just was greeted with an update plugin option from my dashboard, so I went ahead and did it.

No idea what changed, but it updated successfully.

mediabrowser-3.0.5464.40000

josh4trunks

Josh,

Did you not update the pbi as well?  I just was greeted with an update plugin option from my dashboard, so I went ahead and did it.

No idea what changed, but it updated successfully.

mediabrowser-3.0.5464.40000

I didn't update the PBI cause I figured the next stable server version will be out soon.

I can post the PBI if people want to use it, I think it should still upgrade in the future.

Awesome Josh, yea I think you're doing the right thing. If you only have one release option then definitely stick with stable releases only. Hopefully later we can add built-in updating as well.

• 2 weeks later...
embeathome

Hi all, i must say MB3 (MBS+MBT) is perfect! I Much better than MB2; i was little bit worried about upgrade but finally set everything yesterday, uninstalled MCM, MB2 and so on.....

I have 2 android devices - Samsung Galaxy S4 and Asus Google Nexus 7 II, unfortunately none of them plays video :( I can browse library, everything works great, except video play. Video starts to load but then nothing happens. And i get meesage that MB stops to respond. 

I will check my wife's Iphone 5S this evening if it works...

Martin

Vidman

What version of the plugin do you have installed on your freenas system? And have you tried toggling the hls setting in the android app settings?

Edited by Vidman

So I'm building a FreeNAS system at the moment.

For those that have been using this for a while, would you recommend this as stable and ready to replace the Windows server?  I am excited to get that off of there and run this instead if possible.

embeathome

What version of the plugin do you have installed on your freenas system? And have you tried toggling the hls setting in the android app settings?

I have currently 3.0.5464.40000. But just realized that i could update it. Anyway, turning off HLS solved the issue, movies play without any trbls. However Iphone of my wife has the same problem - movies just load and load but no play...lets see after an update.

Edit: After an update all works fine. Iphone not tested yet. Will do that tomorrow.

However one thing i just realized. Subtitles....i would need central european 1250 format (not 100% sure about subtitle format), where could i set it? Didn't find any settings in MBS...nor in Andriod default video player. 

Edited by embeathome

josh4trunks

I have currently 3.0.5464.40000. But just realized that i could update it. Anyway, turning off HLS solved the issue, movies play without any trbls. However Iphone of my wife has the same problem - movies just load and load but no play...lets see after an update.

Edit: After an update all works fine. Iphone not tested yet. Will do that tomorrow.

However one thing i just realized. Subtitles....i would need central european 1250 format (not 100% sure about subtitle format), where could i set it? Didn't find any settings in MBS...nor in Andriod default video player. 

Like you noticed, latest version fixed the HLS issue.

Streaming to my android device seems to work much smoother with HLS enabled.

embeathome

So checked and found following:

- remote access from office but beeing on the wifi at office - HLS enabled = no video play. Need to check at home at local wifi if plays with HLS enabled

- installed 3rd party video player (Dice player) doesn't change anything on my Samsung Galaxy S4. Video opens on default video player or on MB video player. Therefore i cannot set subtitle encoding. I need Windows 1250 so it reads special charatcers (central european, like á, č, ľ, ť, ô, ú etc etc.) I thought when i set Dice player (which has capability of setting subtitle encoding to read special charaters) as default player in my Samsung phone, MB will automatically play video in this player. However it doesn't. So i tried to set external player but no play at all like with enabled HLS. Maybe because i am not in home LAN. Anyway, how should i treat and understand to it - MB plays it on my Samsung in its video player or is it Samsung's internal player which plays the video? If it would be Samsung's, then video should be loaded in Dice player, as i set that to be default player...so i am confused now...

So for example chinesse or russian, arabic etc users couldn't watch videos with subtitles on Android tablets and phones, right?

• 3 weeks later...

So guys, just an update here. Any time I restart my freenas server I find that I always need to stop and restart the mb3 plugin before it can operate properly. If I don't, when I try to access the dashboard it looks only partially loaded, like someone hit stop on a loading page. Very odd, but I don't restart my server often enough for this to be a major issue, just something I want to report.

I'm running the latest plugin and on FreeNAS 9.3

josh4trunks

So guys, just an update here. Any time I restart my freenas server I find that I always need to stop and restart the mb3 plugin before it can operate properly. If I don't, when I try to access the dashboard it looks only partially loaded, like someone hit stop on a loading page. Very odd, but I don't restart my server often enough for this to be a major issue, just something I want to report.

I'm running the latest plugin and on FreeNAS 9.3

I just resbooting my FreeNAS server to install updates and MediaBrowser worked fine after for me.

josh4trunks

Something must be wrong on my end then. I'm too lazy to delete the plugin and start over, so I may just live with it.

I wouldn't blame you. Might be something useful in the logs if you wanted to check in the future.

Hello guys,

Thanks for the plugin.

I'm using here the latest version on freenas.

Rock solid so far. I want to change to the new version since I'm having problems with subtitles.

There's a way for me to compile the pbi? I'd like to test the unstable versions also so I can try to help with some coding mainly for subtitle add-ons and scrapers for music.

Thanks,

Marcelo.

woodsb02

If you can wait, a new beta has just been released. Freebsd and FreeNAS are only providing the stable releases at this time, however a beta is normally closely followed by a stable. I estimate the new stable will probably be available in freebsd and FreeNAS within a week or 2.

farmboy1927

How can I install mediabrowser on my freenas 9.2 server?  Its running the 32bit version.  Is there an pbi download or do I need to update to 9.3?

josh4trunks

There's no actively maintained FreeNAS plugins for 32bit.

You could try installing the MediaBrowser pkg in a jail but I recommend you get 64bit capable hardware.

rncshumway

Long time PLEX user moving to MB now that the plugin to FreeNAS is done.  Well done to all!  I've been looking everywhere to confirm how to update the MB within the Jail as I would like to run a dev version to have the SYNC features.  This is really the last thing I need to stop using PLEX.  I'm not great with FreeBSD but know enough to be dangerous.  Now to the point.  I tried updating following the steps for FreeBSD but was unable to get MB to start.  Of course I did a snapshot of the jail before attempting and was able to roll it back and am back to where I started.  Am I missing anything or should I attempt again?  I'm running Version 3.0.5490.2 and I'm being told on the dashboard Version 3.0.5518.7 is now available.

Edited by rncshumway

josh4trunks

Long time PLEX user moving to MB know that the plugin to FreeNAS is done.  Well done to all!  I've been looking everywhere to confirm how to update the MB within the Jail as I would like to run a dev version to have the SYNC features.  This is really the last thing I need to stop using PLEX.  I'm not great with FreeBSD but know enough to be dangerous.  Now to the point.  I tried updating following the steps for FreeBSD but was unable to get MB to start.  Of course I did a snapshot of the jail before attempting and was able to roll it back and am back to where I started.  Am I missing anything or should I attempt again?  I'm running Version 3.0.5490.2 and I'm being told on the dashboard Version 3.0.55.18.7 is now available.

Autoupdated is not yet supported on FreeBSD but should be eventually.

If you can wait a few days @@woodsb02 and I can get an update out.

rncshumway

Autoupdated is not yet supported on FreeBSD but should be eventually.

If you can wait a few days @@woodsb02 and I can get an update out.

Thank you for the quick reply, I will try to be more patient.  I'll keep my PLEX server up for a little longer and will watch for the update to be available in the Plugins section of the FreeNAS.

woodsb02

This update now adds imagemagick as a dependency. I'm not sure yet how much work this will involve, but I'll get back to you shortly.