XBMB3C Stuttering

tadbitnerdy

Please check if the problem is resolved, if not, could  you provide me your xbmc logfile ?

I enabled debugging in the helperscript so that can help me investigating the issue...

I installed the above file & watched the same episode that I used earlier and it seems to have solved the problem, obviously I only watched for approximately 8 minutes but the stutter would normally manifest by then.

I'll install it to my FireTV shortly & report back.

marcelveldt

I installed the above file & watched the same episode that I used earlier and it seems to have solved the problem, obviously I only watched for approximately 8 minutes but the stutter would normally manifest by then.

I'll install it to my FireTV shortly & report back.

OK, great!

I've briefly tried the test version on my FireTV (SMPC which seemed to be more affected with stuttering than my HTPC) and it also seems better although I did have some xmb3c connection errors and some force closures during playback but that is probably unrelated.

marcelveldt

I've briefly tried the test version on my FireTV (SMPC which seemed to be more affected with stuttering than my HTPC) and it also seems better although I did have some xmb3c connection errors and some force closures during playback but that is probably unrelated.

I gave you the debug version of the helperservice, this will add loads of logging to the XBMC log.

If you want I can take a look at your log what caused the errors...

The stuttering was gone ?

dark_slayer

Well, in fact Titan is optimized for running on lowpower systems.

I know that a lot of users use the skin with a Pi for example but I think those users don't use MB3 as their library (while they should but that's another discussion)...

I think as soon as you enable all kinds of widgets and rotating artwork things will slow down.

I don't own a Pi myself so it's a hard for me to see/check it so I rely on what users say about it.

Well, I stand somewhere between corrected and validated ;)

Thanks for the info marcel, understood it's just like MQ5 which by default works fairly smooth since most extra widgets and views are off by default

I just moved on to Kodi w/ 1080XF. Working great so far. I may return to Titan, as I do really like the way it looks and feels.

For the acceleration options, you need to enable advanced or expert mode in the menu. The default setting will not display the acceleration sub-menu.

marcelveldt

Just to be sure I've just uploaded version 1.3.0 of the helperservice with the fix included.

marcelveldt

I just moved on to Kodi w/ 1080XF. Working great so far. I may return to Titan, as I do really like the way it looks and feels.

For the acceleration options, you need to enable advanced or expert mode in the menu. The default setting will not display the acceleration sub-menu.

Thanks, please let me know if you have any issues.

Check out the latest beta version of the Titan skin: some nice views have been added and a fancy feature to create your own widgets with for example the latest movies from 3th party addons..

I gave you the debug version of the helperservice, this will add loads of logging to the XBMC log.

If you want I can take a look at your log what caused the errors...

The stuttering was gone ?

Yes, the stuttering was gone in the TV shows I tried but there was more severe playback issues with a film but I think that is a FireTV/SPMC issue, thanks for offering to look at my logs but I think I'm going to delete SPMC & try Helix.

Tbh, I haven't really used the FireTV for XBMC, I'm not convinced it/other android boxes can actually replace a HTPC, especially with xbmb3c.

Edited by 2010

Yes, the stuttering was gone in the TV shows I tried but there was more severe playback issues with a film but I think that is a FireTV/SPMC issue, thanks for offering to look at my logs but I think I'm going to delete SPMC & try Helix.

Tbh, I haven't really used the FireTV for XBMC, I'm not convinced it/other android boxes can actually replace a HTPC, especially with xbmb3c.

Not to hijack the thread, but my FireTV works great with both XBMC and Kodi using XBMB3C. I had choppy playback with SPMC though. With any of them, make sure you go into settings > video > acceleration and disable MediaCodec, but leave libstagefright enabled. Both are enabled by default, but there are issues with MediaCodec HW acceleration on ARM/Android. 

Not to hijack the thread, but my FireTV works great with both XBMC and Kodi using XBMB3C. I had choppy playback with SPMC though. With any of them, make sure you go into settings > video > acceleration and disable MediaCodec, but leave libstagefright enabled. Both are enabled by default, but there are issues with MediaCodec HW acceleration on ARM/Android.

Thanks, that's good to hear, I'll give the latest Kodi a try. I may be wrong but I think the video acceleration options are removed from SPMC.

Has the latest update solved the stuttering with your setup?

• 6 months later...
Tranquil

Hello Team.

Sorry for pushing up such an old topic but this is actually one of the problems I have with Kodi and Emby.

I'm on Windows 7 64 Bit, just 2GB of RAM and a low power passive Nvidia GPU and a Dual Core E5200 Intel CPU. This setup is working fine since years with MCE but I now want to switch over to KODI.

Installed Theme is Titan Media Browser Stable (version 3.3.0)

Media Browser Plugin Version: 0.9.827 (also tried the Beta Repro, but Problem still exist)

Approx every 5 Minutes I get some video stuttering but sound is okay. It just seems to drop some frames. Never had this before with MCE.

What can I do?

SpheriZe

Hello Team.

Sorry for pushing up such an old topic but this is actually one of the problems I have with Kodi and Emby.

I'm on Windows 7 64 Bit, just 2GB of RAM and a low power passive Nvidia GPU and a Dual Core E5200 Intel CPU. This setup is working fine since years with MCE but I now want to switch over to KODI.

Installed Theme is Titan Media Browser Stable (version 3.3.0)

Media Browser Plugin Version: 0.9.827 (also tried the Beta Repro, but Problem still exist)

Approx every 5 Minutes I get some video stuttering but sound is okay. It just seems to drop some frames. Never had this before with MCE.

What can I do?

The old plugin is not being maintained anymore. But the new one is pretty stable right now. Uninstall the old one (Mediabrowser) and install the Emby add-on. Restart Kodi after add-on install and there will be a dialog to set up the add-on.

Also remember that you need Kodi version 14.2 and above.

Edited by SpheriZe
  • Like 1

Tranquil

Thanks you @@SpheriZe

I've done a complete new KODI 14.2 installation yesterday and tried the new plugin together with Titan Skin.

Unfortunately, the problem still exists. Only Emby-Videos are effected, Live TV is working fine (using another Backend).

CPU is alltime low. It even doesn't matter which format I play. Also SD content is stuttering from time to time.