Ubuntu

Luke

I've been unsuccessful in trying to upgrade from 3.3.1 to 3.4.1. I've tried uninstalling via apt-get remove. I reinstalled 3.3.1 deb package and tried upgrading to 3.4.1 by downloading the corresponding deb package. The app just crashes shortly after starting a stream. When I downgrade to 3.3.1 everything works as expected. Am I missing something? Logs attached.

It looks like you tried to switch between our legacy install package,and our new install package, and that is not supported. If you want to switch, you need to fully uninstall as well as delete your program data directory. thanks.

hooray4me

Strange, I thought I switched from using the apt-get install emby-server method to dpkg method many versions ago...

Then yes you're already on our new install package. Your emby server dashboard will alert you when an update is available as well as well you how to install it.

hooray4me

Then yes you're already on our new install package. Your emby server dashboard will alert you when an update is available as well as well you how to install it.

That is the problem, I am already on the NEW installation package on 3.3.1. If I update to to 3.4.1 version, the server crashes when I try to stream a show. So I'm stuck on using the stable 3.3.1 version. 

That is the problem, I am already on the NEW installation package on 3.3.1. If I update to to 3.4.1 version, the server crashes when I try to stream a show. So I'm stuck on using the stable 3.3.1 version. 

Have you provided the information requested in how to report a media playback issue? Thanks.

zonknz

Hi- i am using Emby on ubuntu- Is there an easy way to completely remove Emby and all its data ./ config files?

Edited by zonknz

Hi- i am using Emby on ubuntu- Is there an easy way to completely remove Emby and all its data ./ config files?

What are you trying to accomplish?

zonknz

For some reason emby runs fine on the stable release, but any of the new betas i can't get emby to start at all, to the point nothing seems to hit the logs - immediate quit.

Figure first step is a completely fresh install.

For some reason emby runs fine on the stable release, but any of the new betas i can't get emby to start at all, to the point nothing seems to hit the logs - immediate quit.

Figure first step is a completely fresh install.

Can you please start the beta from the terminal and then provide the terminal output? thanks.

zonknz
login@nanopineo2:/opt/emby-server/bin$ sudo ./emby-server

Info Main: Application path: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll

Info Main: Emby

Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_armhf.deb

Operating system: Unix 4.14.18.64

64-Bit OS: False

64-Bit Process: False

User Interactive: True

Processor count: 4

Program data path: /var/lib/emby

Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system

No usable version of the libssl was found

Edited by zonknz

schmitty

Hi @@Luke,

For some reason the Emby API no longer seems to communicate with other apps. I use Organizr and Ombi, and for the past three to four months have been unable to connect to the Emby user database from these apps. However, Homepage items (Recently Added and Now Playing) in Organizr do seem to work.

The emby api doesn't communicate with other apps. They communicate with Emby. You probably need to configure them to do so.

schmitty

Please check these logs, they show errors relating to connect and user profiles.

Log.txt

Edited by schmitty

redegiganet

Boa noite! Pessoal alguém por favor me ajude, pois ja tentei com ubuntu debian xubuntu em versoes diferentes, e acontece que depois que mudaram o formato de instalacao para .deb meu servidor  insisti nesse erro:  

Erros foram encontrados durante o processamento de: emby-server /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Ja segui tudo de material na web mas nada resolve, por favor preciso rodar o emby em plataforma linux debian ubuntu etc...

redegiganet
Erros foram encontrados durante o processamento de:

emby-server E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

ja tentei de tudo formatei com debian ubuntu, atualmente estou com xubuntu, mas nada resolve esse problema teria como o administrador do forum me ajudar  postando um caminho para instalacao direta para xubuntu bionic 18.04 

redegiganet

root@emby-system:/home/emby/Downloads# dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.4.1.0_amd64.deb

(Lendo banco de dados ... 185180 ficheiros e directórios actualmente instalados.)

A preparar para desempacotar emby-server-deb_3.4.1.0_amd64.deb ...

A descompactar emby-server (3.4.1.0) sobre (3.4.1.0) ...

Configurando emby-server (3.4.1.0) ...

usermod: user emby is currently used by process 947

dpkg: erro ao processar o pacote emby-server (--install):

installed emby-server package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 8

A processar 'triggers' para libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1) ...

A processar 'triggers' para ureadahead (0.100.0-20) ...

emby-server

root@emby-system:/home/emby/Downloads# 

redegiganet
Configurando emby-server (3.4.1.0) ...

usermod: user emby is currently used by process 947

dpkg: erro ao processar o pacote emby-server (--configure):

installed emby-server package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 8

A processar 'triggers' para libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1) ...

emby-server

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

root@emby-system:/home/emby/Downloads# 

redegiganet

Por favor me ajudem, a maquina esta recém formatada limpa somente sistema atualizado, por favor disponibilizem um meio de instalar o serviço, pois essa falha esta ocorrendo em ubuntu 16.04. 18.04 Linux Mint Open Suse em fim estou a uma semana com meu servidor fora do ar, tudo depois de tentar atualizar para nova versão, ai começou da erro de dpkg etc. Por favor ajudem a resolver esse problema.