Ubuntu

Luke

hooray4me

appears to be the same across apps... Firetv (both beta and release) and just tried in chrome.

• 3 weeks later...
hooray4me

Would it be possible to incorporate volume leveling across episodes. We frequently put kid shows on shuffle for the little ones... depending on the episode the volume is extreme... to too quiet... especially annoying on short shows like Peppa Pig. I know alot is determined by the source file, but wondering if anything can be done. 

hooray4me

Would it be possible to incorporate volume leveling across episodes. We frequently put kid shows on shuffle for the little ones... depending on the episode the volume is extreme... to too quiet... especially annoying on short shows like Peppa Pig. I know alot is determined by the source file, but wondering if anything can be done. 

Dunno if this would be relevant https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34562921/how-to-get-and-set-audio-volume-level-for-a-universal-windows-application  

Please open a feature request topic so that we can measure community demand for this. Thanks !

woenk

Fonsiderin that about 2 months ago my library scan got down to slightly over 30 minutes from over an hour, I would really appreciate if the developers take some steps back. Before the last update I was up to 50 minutes again, since the last release it does not finish at all. Thought at first I changed some settings but it seems that even a full backup from over a week ago does not help.

Also get quite a few DNS errors now in the error logs and I really can not remmeber setting anywhere, that Emby shoutl do a subtitile download while scanning.

bottom line...was fine, fast and stble, now its more broken...take a step back :D

Fonsiderin that about 2 months ago my library scan got down to slightly over 30 minutes from over an hour, I would really appreciate if the developers take some steps back. Before the last update I was up to 50 minutes again, since the last release it does not finish at all. Thought at first I changed some settings but it seems that even a full backup from over a week ago does not help.

Also get quite a few DNS errors now in the error logs and I really can not remmeber setting anywhere, that Emby shoutl do a subtitile download while scanning.

bottom line...was fine, fast and stble, now its more broken...take a step back :D

Hi @@woenk, we're happy to help. Please see how to report a problem. Thanks.

Maverick0815

I installed emby server two days ago on a fresh install of ubuntu 16.04.

Today I wanted to access the emby-webinterface and got a connection refused.

a quick look in the syslog revealed this:

kernel: [ 8010.330860] EmbyServer[29502]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f98c7dbdad0 sp 00007f97f7ff41c8 error 4 in libc-2.23.so[7f98c7d48000+1c0000]

Apr 20 21:11:57 Mediahub systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
Apr 20 21:11:57 Mediahub systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
Apr 20 21:11:57 Mediahub systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'

it crashes almost immediately

Can you try grabbing our beta package from the website and see if that makes a difference? Thanks.

Maverick0815

I uninstalled the release Version and installed the beta package. So far I only added my movies...and the Server is still up and running. I will add more when I get home and Keep you updated.

• 2 weeks later...

@@Luke, there is a possibility to you release the last version of emby over the ppa? 

For now, if you are using the old OBS-based packages, you will need to update manually using the procedures listed in posts #3 and #4 here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/58613-question-about-my-32-bit-upgrade/?p=574032

Thanks.

strikegun

Hi,

I just updated to 3.4.1.0 and had problems with some thumbs.

I saw in the log, this:

2018-05-10 01:03:54.886 Error ImageProcessor: Error encoding image
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.4.1.0
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
    Operating system: Unix 4.4.0.116
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Processor count: 2
    Program data path: /var/lib/emby
    Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File not found
    File name: '/var/lib/emby-server/root/default/Kinder-Filme/poster.png'
     at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.Decode(String path, Boolean forceCleanBitmap, IFileSystem fileSystem, Nullable`1 orientation, SKCodecOrigin& origin)
     at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.GetBitmap(String path, Boolean cropWhitespace, Boolean forceAnalyzeBitmap, Nullable`1 orientation, SKCodecOrigin& origin)
     at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.GetBitmap(String path, Boolean cropWhitespace, Boolean autoOrient, Nullable`1 orientation)
     at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.EncodeImage(String inputPath, DateTime dateModified, String outputPath, Boolean autoOrient, Nullable`1 orientation, Int32 quality, ImageProcessingOptions options, ImageFormat selectedOutputFormat)
     at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.<ProcessImage>d__29.MoveNext()
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException
     at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.Decode(String path, Boolean forceCleanBitmap, IFileSystem fileSystem, Nullable`1 orientation, SKCodecOrigin& origin)
     at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.GetBitmap(String path, Boolean cropWhitespace, Boolean forceAnalyzeBitmap, Nullable`1 orientation, SKCodecOrigin& origin)
     at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.GetBitmap(String path, Boolean cropWhitespace, Boolean autoOrient, Nullable`1 orientation)
     at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.EncodeImage(String inputPath, DateTime dateModified, String outputPath, Boolean autoOrient, Nullable`1 orientation, Int32 quality, ImageProcessingOptions options, ImageFormat selectedOutputFormat)
     at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.<ProcessImage>d__29.MoveNext()

So, I have my programm data path under /var/lib/emby but why does it try to finde the files under /var/lib/emby-server/...... ?

After I created a symbol link from emby-server to emby folder I doen't get any errors more.

AND emby doesn't crash any more.

Can I setup the folders any where correctly or is that a bug?

Thanks

Hi,

I just updated to 3.4.1.0 and had problems with some thumbs.

I saw in the log, this:

So, I have my programm data path under /var/lib/emby but why does it try to finde the files under /var/lib/emby-server/...... ?

After I created a symbol link from emby-server to emby folder I doen't get any errors more.

AND emby doesn't crash any more.

Can I setup the folders any where correctly or is that a bug?

Thanks

You should be fine. That's just a quick of switching from our legacy install package to our newer one. Thanks.

hooray4me

Luke, I tested upgrading from 3.3.1.0 to 3.4.1.0 this evening via dpkg. The upgrade was quick and did not error. I could initially stream something and then the service would crash. Tried restarting the service a couple times and restarting the server. I saw the same results. I'll pm you the logs as I don't want to sanitize 'em for public post. I ended up downgrading back to 3.3.1.0, which has been stable for me since its' release. :)  

sylvio2000

Hello.

I am not new to emby, but in the near future I would like to change my system from Windows7 to Ubuntu 18.04.1 with emby server and tvheadend. What I would like to know:

Is this ubuntu setup really stable? I have read through a lot of pages within in this thread and it seems to me there are a lot of problems regarding updates and library. Maybe I am totally wrong but this is my impression

The problems are related from switching to our legacy install package to our new install package. You'd be starting fresh with the new install package so it wouldn't apply to you.

waki89

Hi,

I seem to be having little joy getting a new emby server up and running on Ubuntu. I have tried many times over the last 2 weeks to get this installed on different Ubuntu versions with Beta and Stable emby releases. However every time I add one of my network shares it seems to crash emby (either on a library scan or when landing on the home screen)

On the home screen I do see that it has picked up the contents of the share as they appear without images, additionally I can browse the share when adding the folder to the library.

The last few lines of the logs on the various occasions the library scans have caused the crash all appear to stop at a similar point (ImageProcessor) before the server crashes and I have to restart the service:

e.g 1

2018-05-12 08:14:40.450 Debug App: Running FanartMovieImageProvider for smb://10.2.1.210/**************************************.mp4
2018-05-12 08:14:40.463 Debug App: Running post-scan task RefreshIntrosScanTask
2018-05-12 08:14:40.470 Debug XmlSerializer: Deserializing file /var/lib/emby/config/cinemamode.xml
2018-05-12 08:14:40.472 Debug App: Running post-scan task TvdbPrescanTask
2018-05-12 08:14:40.479 Debug App: Running post-scan task LocalTrailerPostScanTask
2018-05-12 08:14:40.502 Debug App: Running post-scan task ArtistsPostScanTask
2018-05-12 08:14:40.512 Debug App: Running post-scan task GameGenresPostScanTask
2018-05-12 08:14:40.514 Debug App: Running post-scan task GenresPostScanTask
2018-05-12 08:14:40.524 Debug App: Running GenreImageProvider for /var/lib/emby/metadata/Genre/Action

2018-05-12 08:14:40.530 Info ImageProcessor: Creating image collage and saving to /var/lib/emby/cache/temp/752972ab36eb4894b48e39bf2120bfe2.png

e.g 2

2018-05-11 16:54:03.663 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://10.2.1.67:8096/web/css/images/logoblack.png. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.139 Safari/537.36
2018-05-11 16:54:03.664 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 10.2.1.102. Time: 1ms. http://10.2.1.67:8096/web/css/images/logoblack.png
2018-05-11 16:54:03.695 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 10.2.1.102. Time: 57ms. http://10.2.1.67:8096/emby/Packages/Updates?PackageType=System
2018-05-11 16:54:03.781 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/432579?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
2018-05-11 16:54:04.056 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.omdbapi.com?apikey=fe53f97e&i=tt2948160&plot=short&tomatoes=true&r=json
2018-05-11 16:54:04.466 Info HttpClient: GET https://webservice.fanart.tv/v3/movies/432579?api_key=5c6b04c68e904cfed1e6cbc9a9e683d4
2018-05-11 16:54:04.850 Info ImageProcessor: Creating image collage and saving to /var/lib/emby/cache/temp/48dd8ec03fde4ee2b6d2c8e59b9ae33d.png

If I create a local folder on the OS and add media to that it also scans and works without error.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.