Ubuntu

Luke

PremiumRed

Luke what I done was what another user said...

apt-get install emby-server

wget https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/download/3.3.0.3/emby-server-deb_3.3.0.3_amd64.deb

dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.3.0.3_amd64.deb

I didnt loose anything but library was corrupted so I installed the latest stable version and had to completely scan all libraries again loosing my manual data I added etc....

A complete nightmare as its on 97,4%

Thats 3 days scanning now.....

I dont recommend anyone to update nor install stable if you hace beta 2.7 as it screws everything.

Thanks

clarkss12

I did some rework on my low powered arm powered boxes and now can't get Emby server to install on my Ubuntu OS.  For my boxes only the server you had listed under Ubuntu 14 would work for me, since the mono was signed for these arm boxes. 

That listing is gone now....... Used to be a huge list for a lot of versions of Linux.....  Where did that list go??

thanks

Edit:  Using my notes, I was able to get it installed again on my Rockchip RK3288.

sudo apt-get install mono-complete

#Add Signing Key using

#Add Repository

echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list  

#Update repolist

sudo apt-get update    

#Emby addon

#For xUbuntu 16.04 run the following:

sudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/xUbuntu_16.04/ /' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emby-server.list"

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install emby-server

#Start Emby Server

sudo service emby-server start
Edited by clarkss12

Luke what I done was what another user said...

apt-get install emby-server

wget https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/download/3.3.0.3/emby-server-deb_3.3.0.3_amd64.deb

dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.3.0.3_amd64.deb

I didnt loose anything but library was corrupted so I installed the latest stable version and had to completely scan all libraries again loosing my manual data I added etc....

A complete nightmare as its on 97,4%

Thats 3 days scanning now.....

I dont recommend anyone to update nor install stable if you hace beta 2.7 as it screws everything.

Thanks

Hi, this isn't true. What you're trying to do is switch installation packages and that's something I already advised you against earlier, but you did it and so now we're here. A fresh install would be uninstalling and then purging the directory /var/lib/emby-server

I did some rework on my low powered arm powered boxes and now can't get Emby server to install on my Ubuntu OS.  For my boxes only the server you had listed under Ubuntu 14 would work for me, since the mono was signed for these arm boxes. 

That listing is gone now....... Used to be a huge list for a lot of versions of Linux.....  Where did that list go??

thanks

Edit:  Using my notes, I was able to get it installed again on my Rockchip RK3288.

sudo apt-get install mono-complete

#Add Signing Key using

#Add Repository

echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list  

#Update repolist

sudo apt-get update    

#Emby addon

#For xUbuntu 16.04 run the following:

sudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/xUbuntu_16.04/ /' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emby-server.list"

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install emby-server

#Start Emby Server

sudo service emby-server start

If this is armhf then you should be using our newer install package instead.

clarkss12

If this is armhf then you should be using our newer install package instead.

I tried, but would not install.

francoib

Hello,

I upgraded my Ubuntu server to 3.3.10 this morning using the procedure described on the download page and I my libraries are empty now.

The libraries metadata point to /var/lib/emby-server/root/default/ now, but they were in /var/lib/emby/root/default/ before the update. I copied the emby directory to emby-server but to no avail.

I installed the backup plugin just before doing the update, but restoring my backup doesn't seem to do anything...

Is there a way to fix this without loosing my library I have hours if not days of work on the movies information.

Thanks for your support

François

Edited by francoib

PremiumRed

You have the same problem we are all having but the only reply is “I told you not to do anything...”

I think the easier option is for the developers to see this issue and instead of installing to “emby” to leave it as “emby-server” or give us the option to be able to change it.

What you need to do is do a fresh install, add the backup then rescan libraries ;-)

grayfados
I've updated to the 3.3.1.0 version but the server do not get started...

●emby-server.service - Emby Server is a personal media server with apps on just about every devi

Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/emby-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: inactive (dead) since Tue 2018-03-06 20:48:18 CET; 4s ago

Process: 1786 ExecStart=/opt/emby-server/bin/emby-server (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Main PID: 1786 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterS

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint en

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint loca

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointListener.Crea

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointManager.<GetE

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointManager.AddPr

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointManager.AddLi

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListener.Start()

lines 1-16/16 (END)...skipping...

● emby-server.service - Emby Server is a personal media server with apps on just about every device.

Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/emby-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: inactive (dead) since Tue 2018-03-06 20:48:18 CET; 4s ago

Process: 1786 ExecStart=/opt/emby-server/bin/emby-server (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Main PID: 1786 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointListener.CreateSocket()

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointManager.<GetEPListener>d__6.MoveNext()

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointManager.AddPrefixInternal(ILogger logger, String p, HttpListener listener)

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointManager.AddListener(ILogger logger, HttpListener listener)

Mar 06 20:48:18 localhost emby-server[1786]:    at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListener.Start()

grayfados
@@Luke take a look plz.

● emby-server.service - Emby Server is a personal media server with apps on just about every device.
   Active: inactive (dead) since Tue 2018-03-06 22:10:31 CET; 1s ago
  Process: 3029 ExecStart=/opt/emby-server/bin/emby-server (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 3029 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Mar 06 22:10:31 localhost emby-server[3029]:
Mar 06 22:10:31 localhost emby-server[3029]: UnhandledException
Mar 06 22:10:31 localhost emby-server[3029]: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (Permission denied) ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Permission denied
Mar 06 22:10:31 localhost emby-server[3029]:    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)
Mar 06 22:10:31 localhost emby-server[3029]:    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
Mar 06 22:10:31 localhost emby-server[3029]:    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
Mar 06 22:10:31 localhost emby-server[3029]:    at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointListener.CreateSocket()
Mar 06 22:10:31 localhost emby-server[3029]:    at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointManager.<GetEPListener>d__6.MoveNext()
Mar 06 22:10:31 localhost emby-server[3029]:    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
Mar 06 22:10:31 localhost emby-server[3029]:    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
Edited by grayfados

Did you by chance customize the server port? Emby Server is being denied access to bind to the port on your system.

Is it possible you have a previous installation of the server already running and using that same port? what happens if you try to run the web app?

grayfados

I cannot either access the web app (localhos:8096)... I dont think that Emby 3.2.7.0 still running.

I've checked at ps aux view and netstat if someone is binding 8096 port and nothing...

Edited by grayfados

grayfados
admin@localhost:/usr/local/emby-releases$ sudo dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.3.1.0_amd64.deb

[sudo] password for admin:

(Reading database ... 124503 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to unpack emby-server-deb_3.3.1.0_amd64.deb ...

Synchronizing state of emby-server.service with SysV init with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install...

Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install disable emby-server

insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script `emby-server' overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).

insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of script `emby-server' overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6).

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/emby-server.service.

Unpacking emby-server (3.3.1.0) over (3.3.1.0) ...

Setting up emby-server (3.3.1.0) ...

usermod: no changes

Synchronizing state of emby-server.service with SysV init with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install...

Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable emby-server

insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script `emby-server' overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).

insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of script `emby-server' overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6).

Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/emby-server.service to /usr/lib/systemd/system/emby-server.service.

Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.23-0ubuntu10) ...

Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-19) ...

admin@localhost:/usr/local/emby-releases$ service emby-server status

Active: inactive (dead) since Tue 2018-03-06 23:23:44 CET; 19s ago

Process: 3283 ExecStart=/opt/emby-server/bin/emby-server (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Main PID: 3283 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

admin@localhost:/usr/local/emby-releases$

grayfados

Any ideas?

Edit: A Fresh instalation should work?

Edit2: I've proceed a fresh install with:

apt-get remove emby-server

And re-instaled and still not working...

Edited by grayfados

grayfados

Finally I've discovered why is not working... 

I've first installed with apt-get install emby-server... 

I've purged the installation and put ir back and the server returned ok!

Edit:

And as a feedback, the problem with audio track has been solved! Thanks! :D

Edited by grayfados