Ubuntu

Luke

I am using the emby server in Linux Ubuntu 17.04, and I have just ran sudo apt update, and sudo apt install emby-server, and I don't think emby was updated, as I have already got the latest version 3.2.25.0-48.1

Out of interest, did the log file tell you anything.

Edited by avalon65

Yes I did try sudo apt-get update, but it appears I have unmet dependencies, and emby-server won't update. Could you please explain why updating to the latest version of emby-server will solve my problem. Is it that the latest version is so much different or what?

Thanks

Yes I did try sudo apt-get update, but it appears I have unmet dependencies, and emby-server won't update. Could you please explain why updating to the latest version of emby-server will solve my problem. Is it that the latest version is so much different or what?

Thanks

Right now I'm unsure of what it is, therefore it will be much easier to troubleshoot on the latest version. Thanks.

After a couple of reboots earlier today, I have found that the music which had disappeared from /mnt/WinShare/Media/Music folder a short time ago, it is now showing again and the emby server shows the music.

I have no ideas as to why this happened, but it just did, and there was no need to update to the latest version of emby.

I'm curious to know why on 1 ubuntu system emby works fine, whilst on another ubuntu system, emby is asking for write access to the files on a NAS box.

Why is this?

Coxeroni

I'm curious to know why on 1 ubuntu system emby works fine, whilst on another ubuntu system, emby is asking for write access to the files on a NAS box.

Why is this?

Are you trying to save the metadata alongside the media?

It happens when I select a folder or path to the music files on a NAS box. If I use

/mnt/WinShare/Media/Music, then click OK, I get: Path not found. Then if I use

\\freenas\WinShare\Media\Music, then click ok, emby goes to a new page with the said message

avalon65

Apologies for the delay, as I have not been able to reply or much else for a over a week or so.

Emby server log as requested

avalon65

All the music files are showing in the /mnt/WinShare/Media/Music folder on the ubuntu system, as fstab has the same path like so:

192.168.0.22:/mnt/WinShare/Media/Music  /mnt/WinShare/Media/Music nfs auto, nofa$

Emby server log as requested

Emby_log_03102017.txt

Edited by avalon65

I believe you that the path exists, but it sounds like the server doesn't have access to it:

/mnt/WinShare/Media/Music

have you configured permissions for the emby user?

avalon65

I believe you that the path exists, but it sounds like the server doesn't have access to it:

/mnt/WinShare/Media/Music

have you configured permissions for the emby user?

Probably not, so where and how do I do that, as I have not have to do that before.

I have changed permissions for /mnt, for /WinShare and /Media.

I could change permissions for the Music folder on my ubuntu desktop, but have Group access.

Now emby is saying: The path could not be found. Please ensure the path is valid and try again.

The path is /mnt/WinShare/Media/Music both in fstab and to the music files which are showing in the Music folder.

Update:

After searching for how to's  etc and then looking at my FreeNAS emby setup, I decided to look at the storage of the music files. It was found that althougn the actual path is /mnt/WinShare/media/Music, it was not the same in the storage folder of the emby plugin. I then made the alteration in the path for the music files in the Add Folder of emby, and voila! emby is showing the music now.

It's a weird situation where one emby setup the path is the actual path, but in another setup it is the plugin path.

Edited by avalon65

• 2 weeks later...

Não consigo adicionar à minha série Servidor Emby, quando adiciono o tipo de conteúdo, como TV, adiciono a serie mas não aparece nada.

I can not add to my Emby Server series when I added the content type such as TV by adding a series but nothing appears.

• Like 1

Thanks Luke. Sorry should have searched more. Followed this and now upgraded.

wget -nv http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:emby/xUbuntu_16.10/Release. key -O Release.key

sudo apt-key add -

sudo apt-get update

@@pm314, while it's still only for testing, I would suggest trying our newer .NET core-based server installation:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50012-emby-server-for-net-core/

It will soon replace the instructions on our website. Thanks.