Ubuntu

Luke

• 2 weeks later...
JaredC79

I just built a system with Ubuntu 17.04 to run Emby and Kodi.  I plugged an external USB drive that has music file and some addition data on it.  For some reason it will not allow me to add the disc as a media source.  Has anyone else had this issue using 17.04?  I am not opposed to running a different OS.  Ideally I would like to make this an embedded system that is only capable of running KODI/EMBY.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

hi @jared79, what is the exact problem that you're having? what happens when you try to add it? thanks !

JaredC79

hi @jared79, what is the exact problem that you're having? what happens when you try to add it? thanks !

the files on the USB disc don't open, if I try to add them by typing in the destination it just ends up giving me an error. 

• 2 weeks later...
player8472

Server keeps crashing into a non-responsive state since Update to 3.12.15 - is there any way to roll it back?

There were crashes before, but not every fucking 5 minutes.

It happens every time someone does a search or goes through the TV-Section.

AND there is nothing indicated in the logs...

player8472

I restarted the server.

Seems to work now.

I think it had something to do with the server not being able to access some pictures.

Curious why there wasn't a single exception in the log though.

It had about 5 lines, all of them about transcodes...

clarkss12

My arm Ubuntu boxes show there is an update, but when I do an update, it says that the Version 3.2.15.0 is the newest.  I tested on 3 different arm boxes, and it was the same.  So I guess your Ubuntu server does not have the latest Version 3.2.16.0?

hurricanehrndz

Thank you for your concern and for your information. Please limit your post to one per issue, it is not helpful to see the same post over and over. We are addressing the issue currently it will be resolved as soon as possible. Thank you again, reporting issues and concerns is key to keeping our product improving.

• 2 weeks later...
nickpons666

I have installed Emby Server on Ubuntu 14.04, but I do not read all the information on my hard drive, I have an Anime folder where I have about 80 animes, and of which in some things it only reads 1 or 2 chapters, someone can tell me what to do? This only does it on the web, in DLNA if it shows everything, in advance thank you.

Edited by nickpons666

avalon65

Emby server can't or won't see the network, so I can't add a music folder.

I have tried adding the server name to add the music folder but that doesn't make any difference, as well as adding the ip address of the server, which is a FreeNAS box

When I choose to add a folder this what see:

/
/boot/efi
/run/user/1000/gvfs
Network

mastrmind11

Emby server can't or won't see the network, so I can't add a music folder.

I have tried adding the server name to add the music folder but that doesn't make any difference, as well as adding the ip address of the server, which is a FreeNAS box

When I choose to add a folder this what see:

/
/boot/efi
/run/user/1000/gvfs
Network

You need to mount the music folder on the server using SMB or NFS.

avalon65

You need to mount the music folder on the server using SMB or NFS.

Ok thanks but how do I do that?

Edited by avalon65

avalon65

I have been told in the freenas/ubuntu support forum that the folder needs to be mounted in emby

Edited by avalon65

I have been told in the freenas/ubuntu support forum that the folder needs to be mounted in emby

Mounted in your OS as a local path, then added to Emby using the local path. Does that make sense?

avalon65

Mounted in your OS as a local path, then added to Emby using the local path. Does that make sense?

Do you mean the OS on my laptop, being Ubuntu which emby server is on, and no I'm not really sure what or how you mean

clarkss12

Do you mean the OS on my laptop, being Ubuntu which emby server is on, and no I'm not really sure what or how you mean

what device is your music stored on??