Ubuntu

Luke

djherman

Honourable Emby users, I have and ubuntu plexserver rotate everything and Emby and complex and some program s, only Emby few times ge updated, and work Subtiles not, auto maties, PDF, I'm vip at Subtiles .org du goatee can dowloanden 1000. just do not work anymore since few updates, s anyone a clue or hint

Dear all,

I'm new in Emby, and I try since several hours to install it on my Ubuntu server 16.04

It works only 5 minutes the first time I install it before it dies, then I tried to remove and reinstall several times and it never starts

Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[1]: Started Emby Media Server.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[1]: Created slice User Slice of root.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[1]: Starting User Manager for UID 0...
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[1]: Started Session c8 of user root.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[12746]: Reached target Sockets.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[12746]: Reached target Timers.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[12746]: Reached target Paths.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[12746]: Reached target Basic System.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[12746]: Reached target Default.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[12746]: Startup finished in 32ms.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[1]: Started User Manager for UID 0.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas emby-server[12719]: env: «/usr/lib/emby-server/ffmpeg»: Permission non accordée
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=126/n/a
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas console-kit-daemon[2082]: console-kit-daemon[2082]: GLib-CRITICAL: Source ID 157 was not found when attempting to remove it
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas console-kit-daemon[2082]: GLib-CRITICAL: Source ID 157 was not found when attempting to remove it
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[1]: Stopping User Manager for UID 0...
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[12746]: Stopped target Default.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[12746]: Stopped target Basic System.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[12746]: Stopped target Timers.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[12746]: Stopped target Paths.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[12746]: Reached target Shutdown.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[12746]: Starting Exit the Session...
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[12746]: Stopped target Sockets.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[12746]: Received SIGRTMIN+24 from PID 12783 (kill).
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[1]: Stopped User Manager for UID 0.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[1]: Removed slice User Slice of root.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
Jan 15 20:56:08 nas systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

It seems that there is a problem of access to ffmpeg library but I change all the chmod/chown of the files/rum emby as root etc nothing work

Someone already see that ?

Tanks.

Honourable Emby users, I have and ubuntu plexserver rotate everything and Emby and complex and some program s, only Emby few times ge updated, and work Subtiles not, auto maties, PDF, I'm vip at Subtiles .org du goatee can dowloanden 1000. just do not work anymore since few updates, s anyone a clue or hint

Hi @@djherman, we're sorry to hear about your issue. Please provide the information requested in how to report a problem.thanks !

Hi all,

FInally I manage to have emby working:

1- remove emby by sudo apt-get purge emby-server

2- install ffmepg : sudo apt-get install ffmpeg

3- install emby : sudo apt-get install emby-server

If ffmpeg is not installed before emby => not working.

@+

@@ksar can you explain this a little more? thanks.

If I do not install ffmpeg before emby, during the start-up wizard I'm asked to download a ffmpeg version and give the path to the folder : This is what I did several times, but the emby-server imideatly crash

If I install ffmpeg package from ubunutu before emby, during the start-up wizard, the ffmpeg version is not asked and the ember server works well.

I don't know if that's help you.

Regards

If I do not install ffmpeg before emby, during the start-up wizard I'm asked to download a ffmpeg version and give the path to the folder : This is what I did several times, but the emby-server imideatly crash

If I install ffmpeg package from ubunutu before emby, during the start-up wizard, the ffmpeg version is not asked and the ember server works well.

I don't know if that's help you.

Regards

Please provide the Emby Server log from this. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Mavarice

Hey all,

been having issues with my server lately. I can't connect through my phone via the app because it just keeps returning the message that my server needs to update.

So I go to my servers dashboard and get a similar message. I ssh into my server and run all of the available commands after shutting down the service but all of the commands return with a  message saying there is nothing to update/upgrade. I saw a forum post from March of last year where users were reporting a similar issue (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32219-emby-no-update-available/). Is OpenSuse having a similar issue or do I have a specific problem?5889f8ce97190_capture2.png

5889f83636064_Capture.png

hurricanehrndz

More information is required, please provide architecture information, repos used and anything else you deem might be useful. Also if this in regards to the build service you can always check the build and publish status there. I will check it myself, but you should also well so in the future you can better track what is going on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Mavarice

@@Luke

That's what it looks like to me, but I'm not going to pretend to be a perfect user.

@@hurricanehrndz

I don't know exactly what to provide, but my OS is Ubuntu x16.04, more specifically cat /etc/*-release returns:

DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=16.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=xenial
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS"
NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION="16.04.1 LTS (Xenial Xerus)"
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS"
VERSION_ID="16.04"
VERSION_CODENAME=xenial
UBUNTU_CODENAME=xenial

Edited by Mavarice

Mavarice

Just to update I was able to resolve the issue by installing the beta version

sudo apt-get install emby-server-dev

My configurations seem to have held without issue and I'm now "Up to Date" I'm not sure what was causing the issue, I tried deleting the the emby server list but that didn't help.

sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emby-server.list
sudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/xUbuntu_16.04/ /' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emby-server.list"

May have just been a localized incident, but if anyone else runs into the issue install the dev version, it will over-write you're existing version and bring you up to date.

Thanks for the info. I think now the stable branch should (correctly) be showing 3.1.4 as the latest. Thanks.

Bbqninja

Thanks for the info. I think now the stable branch should (correctly) be showing 3.1.4 as the latest. Thanks.

Check my post in the OMV thread, this will be semi-permanently broken for anyone who updated in the last few days.

m.br1975

Same here.

Ubuntu 16.10 (I am not a skilled user, simply follow the message on emby dashboard:

Version 3.1.2.0

A new version of Emby Server is available!

Version 3.1.4 is now available for download.

I did it 15 minutes ago, no luck:

sudo apt-get update

Hit:1 http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu yakkety InRelease
Hit:2 http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu yakkety-updates InRelease     
Hit:3 http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu yakkety-backports InRelease   
Get:4 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu yakkety-security InRelease [102 kB]    
Ign:5 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/xUbuntu_16.10 InRelease
Hit:6 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/xUbuntu_16.10 Release
Fetched 102 kB in 1s (97,3 kB/s)
Reading package lists... Done

sudo apt-get install emby-server

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
emby-server is already the newest version (3.1.283~beta-13.1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 155 not upgraded.

Am I wrong on something here?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by m.br1975

bondfreak

same for me too. i was trying to manually update the package by specifying the version number, but 3.1.4 does not seem to be enough.

EDIT: I use 16.04, not 16.10.

EDIT2: May have to do something with the last update I installed. That was from 3.1.2 to 3.1.283beta... I do not know why a beta version gets in the stable branch, but nevermind. May be an issue that I am now on beta and can not "switch back".

SOLUTION: Thats's it guys! Remove the server with apt-get remove emby-server und directly reinstall with apt-get install emby-server. Fixes the problem ;)

Edited by bondfreak
  • Like 2

Thanks for the report guys. We will resolve this very soon by moving to 3.2 and adjusting our process so that it doesn't happen again. Thanks !

Mavarice

same for me too. i was trying to manually update the package by specifying the version number, but 3.1.4 does not seem to be enough.

EDIT: I use 16.04, not 16.10.

EDIT2: May have to do something with the last update I installed. That was from 3.1.2 to 3.1.283beta... I do not know why a beta version gets in the stable branch, but nevermind. May be an issue that I am now on beta and can not "switch back".

SOLUTION: Thats's it guys! Remove the server with apt-get remove emby-server und directly reinstall with apt-get install emby-server. Fixes the problem ;)

Did your configurations and server settings hold during that?

bondfreak

Did your configurations and server settings hold during that?

of course they did ;) i did not purge the install, just removed the package :)

but you could backup it anyway in case you're unsure.

PlayNice

Hi guys im looking for the config file were the default settings are held for guest i want to make the guest have certan setting by default so i don't have to go in and change them each time the connect 

PlayNice

Hi guys im looking for the config file were the default settings are held for guest i want to make the guest have certan setting by default so i don't have to go in and change them each time the connect 

im using ubuntu 16