Ubuntu

Luke

starbuckz

Google chrome does not even give an error, it just stops on a black background. Log is similar:

ffmpeg version 0.8.17-4:0.8.17-0ubuntu0.12.04.1, Copyright (c) 2000-2014 the Libav developers
  built on Mar 16 2015 13:26:50 with gcc 4.6.3
  configuration: --extra-version='4:0.8.17-0ubuntu0.12.04.1' --arch=amd64 --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-vdpau --enable-bzlib --enable-libgsm --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --enable-zlib --enable-libvpx --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-libfreetype --enable-vaapi --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-swscale --enable-x11grab --enable-libdc1394 --shlibdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-shared --disable-static
  libavutil    51. 22. 3 / 51. 22. 3
  libavcodec   53. 35. 0 / 53. 35. 0
  libavformat  53. 21. 1 / 53. 21. 1
  libavdevice  53.  2. 0 / 53.  2. 0
  libavfilter   2. 15. 0 /  2. 15. 0
  libswscale    2.  1. 0 /  2.  1. 0
  libpostproc  52.  0. 0 / 52.  0. 0
The ffmpeg program is only provided for script compatibility and will be removed
in a future release. It has been deprecated in the Libav project to allow for
incompatible command line syntax improvements in its replacement called avconv
(see Changelog for details). Please use avconv instead.
[matroska,webm @ 0x2397880] Probed with size=2048 and score=100
st:0 removing common factor 1000000 from timebase
st:1 removing common factor 1000000 from timebase
[h264 @ 0x239a400] err{or,}_recognition separate: 1; 1
[h264 @ 0x239a400] err{or,}_recognition combined: 1; 1
[h264 @ 0x239a400] Unsupported bit depth: 0
[ac3 @ 0x239c280] err{or,}_recognition separate: 1; 1
[ac3 @ 0x239c280] err{or,}_recognition combined: 1; 1
[ac3 @ 0x239c280] Unsupported bit depth: 0
[h264 @ 0x239a400] no picture
[matroska,webm @ 0x2397880] All info found
[matroska,webm @ 0x2397880] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
Input #0, matroska,webm, from 'file:/home/owner/Videos/Movies/Inside.Polizei.-.Einsatz.auf.der.Autobahn.GERMAN.DOKU.720p.HDTV.x264-love/Inside.Polizei.-.Einsatz.auf.der.Autobahn.GERMAN.DOKU.720p.HDTV.x264-love.mkv':
  Metadata:
    title           : Inside.Polizei.-.Einsatz.auf.der.Autobahn.GERMAN.DOKU.720p.HDTV.x264-love
  Duration: 00:43:04.84, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 384 kb/s
    Stream #0.0, 42, 1/1000: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p, 1280x720 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 1/50, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 1k tbn, 50 tbc (default)
    Metadata:
      title           : love
    Stream #0.1(ger), 49, 1/1000: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 384 kb/s (default)
Unrecognized option 'codec:v:0'
Failed to set value 'libx264' for option 'codec:v:0'

I'll try updating ffmpeg an will report back.

hurricanehrndz

I personally think it would be best to adjust the cont and point to the ffmpeg downloaded by emby

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I have a problem since the last update,

When I watch movies to AC3 / MP4 / H264 since my Chromecast and only through this one, I have a bug sounds every X seconds like a TAC in the sounds, I said I did test via plex and I think it is since the last update 3.0.5724.5 server.

I also did a test by enabling / disabling the AC3 passthrough, without result.

I have two Chromecast, I did a test on the two and the problem is the same.

Do you have an idea of the problem?

(sorry for my english I am french! :))

My server is Ubuntu 14.04

Thank's !

Example : ( 14-21 SEC )

Edited by Ho2x

The problem is the same 5.1 with AAC file and I also lag 5-10 sec from time to time , that I did not have with the previous version , still under Chromecast .

crimsonred

Hi everyone,

Today I found out that I'm not able to add a media location for any of my libraries, although I can create a new library. I tried adding a media location to my previously created libraries (which still have a location added on them), but I click the + button and nothing happens. I've tried to access this in Chrome, Chrome Canary, Firefox, Safari, and the Android app. Couldn't get it to work. I tried to delete a previously added location, and that works because a dialog pops up asking me to confirm. Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Hi everyone,

Today I found out that I'm not able to add a media location for any of my libraries, although I can create a new library. I tried adding a media location to my previously created libraries (which still have a location added on them), but I click the + button and nothing happens. I've tried to access this in Chrome, Chrome Canary, Firefox, Safari, and the Android app. Couldn't get it to work. I tried to delete a previously added location, and that works because a dialog pops up asking me to confirm. Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

what version of the server?

thunderthumbs

I'm trying to update my emby server to the latest beta. Currently I'm on 3.0.5713.6. In my server information it says that version 3.0.5724.3 is available for download. However whenever I try to update through apt-get it says there are no updates. I'll uninstall emby-server-beta and reinstall it and it installs 3.0.5713.6. Any help would be appreciated. 

thefirstofthe300

I'm trying to update my emby server to the latest beta. Currently I'm on 3.0.5713.6. In my server information it says that version 3.0.5724.3 is available for download. However whenever I try to update through apt-get it says there are no updates. I'll uninstall emby-server-beta and reinstall it and it installs 3.0.5713.6. Any help would be appreciated. 

It sounds like you might be on an old ppa.  Try purging the ppa that you have currently from your config and then reinstalling using the instructions on the emby.media/downloads page.

Thank you for the video. Please see http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/ to provide additional information about media playback issues. thanks.

Emby 3.0.5724.5

Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS 64Bits

I reinstalled everything ( ffmpeg , Emby ...)

No result still the same problem .

I put the log in Attach Files

And the video that goes with log

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-YoSKJwARs

server-63578778401.txt

transcode-4baac1d0-f85e-4fff-96df-2a0a5561bcbe.txt

Edited by Ho2x

sudo apt-get --purge remove ffmpeg

sudo apt-get --purge autoremove

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

sudo apt-get install ffmpeg

reboot

The problem is still present ...

I really inpression that it is up to since the last official update , after I'm wrong can be ! I recall that the bug is only through Chromecast from the web no problem!

Edited by Ho2x

This may be way OT, but i had a lot of issues trying to install MB from the repos. I spent a lot of time fixing dep issues etc etc.  I just decided to 

#1 compile imagemagick the right way (i used all the deps from ubuntu repos) 

#2 use the mono version in repos

#3 use the MB source.

I probably spent 1/4 of the time installing from source than I did with all those dep issues.

I am using Ubuntu 15.04 server. 

Installed it on an old Dell 1950. Quad Core Xeon with only 2GB of ram.  (pxe boot)

It works flawlessly. All video plays. Transcoding works perfect to at least two devices at once and its very stable. 

Most of my devices are DLNA. We have Dish Network in the house so we have a Hopper and Joey's. I modified the Joey DLNA profile to recognize my hopper with that profile instead of the generic. 

It works so well i am a supporter now. I used PLEX media server on a much better machine before and had a lot less luck with it. PLEX didn't serve my dishnet boxes well at all. It was totally hit or miss and quite annoying. 

Great work guys.  If you think it would be beneficial i could write a HOWTO on the source compile stuff. Getting ImageMagick right is probably the toughest part. Many --with-blah=yes and  --with-blah=no switches.  The rest of it is no biggie. Much Much easier than apt-get this and apt-get install -f etc etc.

Great Work Ill be sticking around!

Well, done, thanks! Maybe you could also share some tips on how the packages can be improved to help them work on first try, thanks.

I can do that sure. I haven't honestly looked into it far enough to know the exact issue.  It seems to me i was having some conflicts with different repos i had installed on my system. It was a fairly new install as well. I usually go generate a custom sources.list first thing though so i had several non-standard repos in there. I will re-install on a vmware machine with just standard repos so that i can try and help out there.  If there are issues with other distros as well i can look at those too. Im pretty familiar with ubuntu, and Centos and their variants in production environments. Might be able to help out some if needed.

bearfamily

Installed emby on Ubuntu 14.04. Setup went fine, but now choosing library locations isn't working. It seems when I try to specify the path it will only go so far as locating my user (e.g. media/user). If I try to go further (/media/lane/MediaLibrary) it just blanks out the path selection space. Has anyone else ever seen this behavior?

stephen_d_hill

Really great media software guys, I currently have this installed along with Plex and Serviio, and in my mind is the best of the bunch.

I have one gripe though.....CPU usage of the server. On my Ubuntu 14.04 server, I notice that emby is consuming 1% CPU all the time. This is somewhat odd, as I would have expected it to be idle unless I have a client connected to it, or it's downloading metadata. Plex and Serviio are completely idle.

Here's a snippet from my 'top' output on my server, ordered by TIME, with emby always at the top by a massive distance:

PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND    
 2815 emby      20   0 1262316 339372  20056 S   1.0  4.2  66:53.22 mono-sgen  
 4786 stephen   20   0 3051520 732216  14008 S   0.0  9.1   3:51.87 java (Serviio)
 4541 squeeze+  20   0  687520 565504  10756 S   0.3  7.0   3:39.36 squeezebox+
 2933 plex      19  -1  534108  72736  21540 S   0.0  0.9   3:20.74 Plex Media+
 3084 plex      35  15 1270972  78336  10360 S   0.0  1.0   1:52.82 python     

What's it doing all that time?

hurricanehrndz

Installed emby on Ubuntu 14.04. Setup went fine, but now choosing library locations isn't working. It seems when I try to specify the path it will only go so far as locating my user (e.g. media/user). If I try to go further (/media/lane/MediaLibrary) it just blanks out the path selection space. Has anyone else ever seen this behavior?

This is usually a permission issue.

To return to my problem sounds via Chromecast , I noticed that everything in log x Appear minute  this message :

Enter command: <target>|all <time>|-1 <command>[ <argument>]
Parse error, at least 3 arguments were expected, only -1 given in string ''

I do not know if this will help you !
I give you the logs with .

server.txt

transcodage.txt

Edited by Ho2x

that is most definitely a permission issue.  the server is running as a different user than the media library directory you are pointing at. you will either need to change the user the server runs as or you can use groups to fix the issue. 

The server runs as user media browser and group mediabrowser.

set your library location to be owned by your user and group mediabrowser

so if your user is lane and your media library is /media/lane/medialibrary do this

sudo chown lane:medialibrary -R /media/lane/medialibrary

sudo chmod g+rx -R /media/lanel/medialibrary

do you have an external disk connected  and thats why you chose /media ?

usually on ubuntu /media is where media is mounted. i.e. external drives, usb media, carom/dvdrom etc.

i wouldn't just chmod 777 -R everything either... thats not safe and very insecure.  

i run my server as my user and keep everything contained in my home dir. i still had to group things because i use couchpotato, sabnzb, and transmission.

if that doesn't help please let us know if your using an external drive as well as what file system is on the drive etc etc. that makes the difference as well.