Ubuntu

Luke

I feel stupid now.

Honestly I did not even see that sentence until you pointed it out.

Thanks - it worked :-)

Awesome!

NOTICE: it seems that the new Emby server beta has problems to stream video to iOS devices (music works ok) using the webclient with Safari (and possible also the app but I coudln't test this yet). So if you use iOS clients for video streaming a lot you might want to wait until the problem is fixed to try emby-server-beta, or even wait for the next stable release.

Thanks

A new version of emby-server-beta is out: 3.0.5713.2

If you had any problems streaming to iOS devices with previous beta versions they seem to be fixed in this new beta.

As always any feedback is welcome.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A new version of emby-server-beta is out: 3.0.5713.3.

Thanks

A new version of emby-server-beta is out: 3.0.5713.4.

Thanks

A new version of emby-server-beta is out: 3.0.5713.5.

Thanks

fbrassin

mmmh.

I cannot manage to upgrade.

I have 3.0.5713.1, but when i do apt-get update and apt-get upgrade emby-server it does not upgrade.

Any idea?

Tnx

hurricanehrndz

Beta has been updated, not stable. Emby-sever is the stable release if you wish to try the beta it is emby-sever-beta

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

A new version of emby-server-beta is out: 3.0.5713.6.

Thanks

badbread

Probably a really really dumb question but I swear I've googled the heck out of it.

I installed Emby on Lubuntu on ESXi, all is working fine but how do I get the emby-service to start automatically when the server reboots?

blubyu3049

A new version of emby-server-beta is out: 3.0.5713.2

If you had any problems streaming to iOS devices with previous beta versions they seem to be fixed in this new beta.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am still having occasional problems streaming video to iOS devices.  I can log into emby just fine and browse my videos fine.  When I tap the Play button the screen goes black and the play button comes up.  It then just sits there.  I can tap the Play button all I want but nothing ever happens.  When I look at the logs on the server, there is never a transcode log created.  When I run top, there is never an ffmpeg thread running.  It is like the server never sees the request to start the video.

Test devices have been iPhone 5s(iOS 8.4), iPhone 6 (iOS 9), iPad 2 (iOS 8.4), iPad Air 2 (iOS 9)

Server Linux Ubuntu running 3.0.5713.6

hurricanehrndz

Probably a really really dumb question but I swear I've googled the heck out of it.

I installed Emby on Lubuntu on ESXi, all is working fine but how do I get the emby-service to start automatically when the server reboots?

It should work. What version of ubuntu are you running?

If 15.04 I think it should be running systemd.

So you can try this:

$ sudo systemctl enable emby-server

And Emby should start automatically on next reboots.

I just updated to version 3.0.5724.4 through apt, and now my server is showing as a fresh install, with no media in the library and none of my settings.

After some further investigation, it seems like before this update emby was still using the databases from my previous mediabrowser install (/var/lib/mediabrowser/data), but now it's switched to new ones in the emby directory.  Is there any way to get back my old settings without breaking everything?

Edited by spaid

hurricanehrndz

I just updated to version 3.0.5724.4 through apt, and now my server is showing as a fresh install, with no media in the library and none of my settings.

After some further investigation, it seems like before this update emby was still using the databases from my previous mediabrowser install (/var/lib/mediabrowser/data), but now it's switched to new ones in the emby directory.  Is there any way to get back my old settings without breaking everything?

There should be three possible solutions:

1. Run the following commands: echo PURGE | debconf-communicate  emby-server

echo PURGE | debconf-communicate  emby-server-beta

dpkg-reconfigure emby-server

When asked for the home of the user emby answer /var/lib/mediabrowser

2. Edit /etc/emby-server.conf

Adjust the EMBY_DATA line as follows: EMBY_DATA="/var/lib/mediabrowser"

3. Edit /etc/passwd  and djust the home of emby user to /var/lib/mediabrowser

I'm pretty certain solution 1 will work on its own. If you use solution 3 then do solution 2 in conjunction. 

• Like 1

There should be three possible solutions:

1. Run the following commands: echo PURGE | debconf-communicate  emby-server

echo PURGE | debconf-communicate  emby-server-beta

dpkg-reconfigure emby-server

When asked for the home of the user emby answer /var/lib/mediabrowser

2. Edit /etc/emby-server.conf

Adjust the EMBY_DATA line as follows: EMBY_DATA="/var/lib/mediabrowser"

3. Edit /etc/passwd  and djust the home of emby user to /var/lib/mediabrowser

I'm pretty certain solution 1 will work on its own. If you use solution 3 then do solution 2 in conjunction. 

1. the first command gave me permission errors, even using sudo, but option 2. seems to have worked so thank you.

Is this an issue that's likely to recur with future updates?

hurricanehrndz

Yes, in the short term, unless you change emby users home. The first command needs to be run as root. You can not use use sudo when using sudo only echo gets run as root

I am trying to upgrade emby-server to the latest release.  I am running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. When I run the update, I receive this error:

Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Preconfiguring packages ...
Selecting previously unselected package emby-server.
(Reading database ... 126906 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../emby-server_3.0.5724.4_all.deb ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/emby-server.prerm: 23: [: missing ]
Stopping Emby Server!
stop: Unknown instance:
dpkg: warning: subprocess old pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg: trying script from the new package instead ...
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/prerm: 23: [: missing ]
dpkg: ... it looks like that went OK
Stopping Emby Server!
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/emby-server_3.0.5724.4_all.deb (--unpack):
 subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/emby-server_3.0.5724.4_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

When I try to purge the install to start fresh I receive this error:

Removing emby-server (3.0.5675.1) ...
Stopping Emby Server!
dpkg: error processing package emby-server (--purge):
 subprocess installed pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 emby-server
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Thanks for the assistance. 

hurricanehrndz

Thanks for the report, Im in the process of updating the maintainer scripts. I will ensure this gets addressed

• 2 weeks later...
starbuckz

Im having a promlem playing media in the webbrowser (kodi fails as well).

56017b6679217_error.png

Let me begin by giving you some information on my System:

56017be0c3bc8_system.png56017bed8db7b_system2.png

Some logs:

https://37.220.xxx.xxx:8920/videos/28c7ca1581d8de490a14def509302ffa/stream.webm?DeviceId=b62aa247f0ada9db89a9c9660f112459e8a3d1e6&MediaSourceId=28c7ca1581d8de490a14def509302ffa&VideoCodec=vpx&AudioCodec=vorbis&VideoBitrate=1372000&AudioBitrate=128000&MaxHeight=720&ClientTime=635785344014313880&PlaySessionId=65e12bbeee5046a18cb7de3425776435&api_key=52ed96444826474ab03405767b8360a0&EnableAutoStreamCopy=false

{"Protocol":"File","Id":"28c7ca1581d8de490a14def509302ffa","Path":"/home/owner/Videos/Movies/My.Big.Fat.Greek.Summer.German.2009.AC3.DVDRip.XviD-KiNOWELT/kinowelt-mybigfatgs-xvid-a.avi","Type":"Default","Container":"avi","Name":"","ReadAtNativeFramerate":false,"SupportsTranscoding":true,"SupportsDirectStream":true,"SupportsDirectPlay":true,"RequiresOpening":false,"RequiresClosing":false,"VideoType":"VideoFile","MediaStreams":[],"PlayableStreamFileNames":[],"Formats":[],"RequiredHttpHeaders":{}}

/usr/bin/ffmpeg -loglevel debug -fflags +genpts -i file:"/home/owner/Videos/Movies/My.Big.Fat.Greek.Summer.German.2009.AC3.DVDRip.XviD-KiNOWELT/kinowelt-mybigfatgs-xvid-a.avi" -sn -codec:v:0 libvpx -force_key_frames expr:gte(t,n_forced*5) -vf "scale=min(iw\,1280):trunc(ow/dar/2)*2" -pix_fmt yuv420p -speed 16 -quality good -profile:v 0 -slices 8 -crf 10 -qmin 0 -qmax 50 -maxrate:v 1372000 -bufsize:v (1372000*2) -b:v 1372000 -vsync vfr -map_metadata -1 -threads 2 -codec:a:0 libvorbis -ab 128000 -af "aresample=async=1" -y "/var/lib/emby-server/transcoding-temp/1630381a449abde3b8fb9604f450ed4b.webm"

ffmpeg version 0.8.17-4:0.8.17-0ubuntu0.12.04.1, Copyright (c) 2000-2014 the Libav developers
  built on Mar 16 2015 13:26:50 with gcc 4.6.3
  configuration: --extra-version='4:0.8.17-0ubuntu0.12.04.1' --arch=amd64 --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-vdpau --enable-bzlib --enable-libgsm --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --enable-zlib --enable-libvpx --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-libfreetype --enable-vaapi --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-swscale --enable-x11grab --enable-libdc1394 --shlibdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-shared --disable-static
  libavutil    51. 22. 3 / 51. 22. 3
  libavcodec   53. 35. 0 / 53. 35. 0
  libavformat  53. 21. 1 / 53. 21. 1
  libavdevice  53.  2. 0 / 53.  2. 0
  libavfilter   2. 15. 0 /  2. 15. 0
  libswscale    2.  1. 0 /  2.  1. 0
  libpostproc  52.  0. 0 / 52.  0. 0
The ffmpeg program is only provided for script compatibility and will be removed
in a future release. It has been deprecated in the Libav project to allow for
incompatible command line syntax improvements in its replacement called avconv
(see Changelog for details). Please use avconv instead.
[avi @ 0x12dc880] Probed with size=2048 and score=100
[mpeg4 @ 0x12de960] err{or,}_recognition separate: 1; 1
[mpeg4 @ 0x12de960] err{or,}_recognition combined: 1; 1
[ac3 @ 0x12e0be0] err{or,}_recognition separate: 1; 1
[ac3 @ 0x12e0be0] err{or,}_recognition combined: 1; 1
[ac3 @ 0x12e0be0] Unsupported bit depth: 0
[avi @ 0x12dc880] All info found
Input #0, avi, from 'file:/home/owner/Videos/Movies/My.Big.Fat.Greek.Summer.German.2009.AC3.DVDRip.XviD-KiNOWELT/kinowelt-mybigfatgs-xvid-a.avi':
  Metadata:
    encoder         : VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.2 (build 2540/release)
  Duration: 00:42:31.24, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 2301 kb/s
    Stream #0.0, 1, 1/25: Video: mpeg4 (Advanced Simple Profile), yuv420p, 640x336 [PAR 1:1 DAR 40:21], 1/25, 25 tbr, 25 tbn, 25 tbc
    Stream #0.1, 15, 1/48000: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16, 384 kb/s
Unrecognized option 'codec:v:0'
Failed to set value 'libvpx' for option 'codec:v:0'

Please be easy with me, I've got some basic linux skills, and this is my first virtual server.

Edited by starbuckz

this is firefox, right? are you able to update your ffmpeg? it looks like it's missing libvpx. You can also try chrome. Firefox is the only browser/device that relies on libvpx.