Ubuntu

Luke

hurricanehrndz

You can, it will just a little more work. You can not add the repository with that command. You will have to manually add the the repository into your source list. Then you will have add then add badgerreport report for mono. Install mono then mediabrowser.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=MXiYVKHjM4auyATSqYGQAw&url=https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Ubuntu&ved=0CB4QFjAA&usg=AFQjCNG4GdiWJnvIRaSjq-b6aOHN0e9eCg&sig2=hXD7Onh7lQu-_mcYlb_8HA

Edited by hurricanehernandez

Gracias Hernandes Im gonna look into this right now, tho I go to work in an 1 1/2 hr Ill get back to u as soon as I can.

btw, do u speak Spanish? im from Puerto Rico (just a coment lol)

OK thats cool, I live now in Florida USA, just move here from New York, I was running away from the damm cold whether lol. Any way so I went to the http://www.mono-project.com/download/ page and I would have to see which is the right file for me and its time to get ready for work, I work in Disney not the greatest thing but its ok. Ill check tomorrow see what I can do with this installation, thx for your help. Will keep u posted

p.s. if u ever come down this way let me know ill get u in for free lol

Edited by MarcAq

TinyAceHeckler

Hello good people of the interwebz and fellow Mediabrowser users. I have been using Mediabrowser server for about the past year and just switched from Windows 7 to Ubuntu 14.04. In the process of getting Ubuntu and Mediabrowser up and running and learning some new things I decided to throw a guide together for those of you who are looking for more in depth help or are just totally new to Ubuntu and/or Mediabrowser.

This is my way of saying thanks for all the awesomeness you put into the server and apps!  :D

Guide is attached. 

Mediabrowser_on_Ubu1404_guide.txt

The service does not start on a fresh and up to date  Ubuntu 14.04 amd64 server host after installation via PPA as suggested on front page. Logs attached, tell me if you need any further information.

Two more minor issues:

The guide on the frontpage should IMHO either prepend "sudo" to all or none of the commands, atm its there for all commands except the "service mediabrowser restart"

Also please edit  /etc/init.d/mediabrowser like this:

-L31: ## MB_DATA=         #$DATA_DIR, the location of MediaBrowser data, cache, logs, the default is /usr/lib/mediabrowser
+L31: ## MB_DATA=         #$DATA_DIR, the location of MediaBrowser data, cache, logs, the default is /var/lib/mediabrowser

netstat.txt

server-63555721642.txt

unhandled_cc731bfb-33d9-4392-8d7a-24a6247fabe1.txt

Edited by elinoy

laouache

It works for me except images that does not viewing in web interface. 

I found this error in logs, could you help me  :

2015-01-04 10:07:46.7475 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Resources/master/images/folders/movies.png

2015-01-04 10:07:47.5679 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception

libwebp.so

System.DllNotFoundException

at (wrapper managed-to-native) Imazen.WebP.Extern.NativeMethods:WebPEncodeBGRA (intptr,int,int,int,single,intptr&)

at Imazen.WebP.SimpleEncoder.Encode (System.Drawing.Bitmap b, Single quality, Boolean noAlpha, System.IntPtr& result, System.Int64& length) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Imazen.WebP.SimpleEncoder.Encode (System.Drawing.Bitmap from, System.IO.Stream to, Single quality, Boolean noAlpha) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Drawing.ImageProcessor+<ProcessImage>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[system.String].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService+<GetImageResult>c__async0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

2015-01-04 10:07:47.5682 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /mediabrowser/Items/52fdf91ab9bb0413d2eb22cba03690ce/Images/Primary?enableImageEnhancers=false&height=144&tag=e5b4c6754f473fd14f75e4e2e9e80aa8&quality=90&format=webp

libwebp.so

ServiceStack.HttpError

No Stack Trace Available

It works for me except images that does not viewing in web interface. 

I found this error in logs, could you help me  :

2015-01-04 10:07:46.7475 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Resources/master/images/folders/movies.png

2015-01-04 10:07:47.5679 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase::Service Exception

libwebp.so

System.DllNotFoundException

at (wrapper managed-to-native) Imazen.WebP.Extern.NativeMethods:WebPEncodeBGRA (intptr,int,int,int,single,intptr&)

at Imazen.WebP.SimpleEncoder.Encode (System.Drawing.Bitmap b, Single quality, Boolean noAlpha, System.IntPtr& result, System.Int64& length) [0x00000] in :0 

at Imazen.WebP.SimpleEncoder.Encode (System.Drawing.Bitmap from, System.IO.Stream to, Single quality, Boolean noAlpha) [0x00000] in :0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Drawing.ImageProcessor+c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in :0 

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in :0 

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[system.String].GetResult () [0x00000] in :0 

at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService+c__async0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in :0 

2015-01-04 10:07:47.5682 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /mediabrowser/Items/52fdf91ab9bb0413d2eb22cba03690ce/Images/Primary?enableImageEnhancers=false&height=144&tag=e5b4c6754f473fd14f75e4e2e9e80aa8&quality=90&format=webp

libwebp.so

ServiceStack.HttpError

No Stack Trace Available

i can tell from the url that you're not on the latest version of the server. so try updating

rmunawar9

Hi All, I'm new here, been trying to play around with media browser as has been using Kodi and custom ubuntu build NAS for last decade. My NAS is running Ubuntu 14.04.01 and i tried to install media browser, all went well but can't start the service keep getting error abour removing mediabrowser.pid file, if i run the service with sudo it gives message mediabrowser.pid removed but service doesn't start. 

Can you please guide me what's wrong?

pancyber

Hello

just updated my linux server to 5482.1 from apt. I get this strange error:

2015-01-07 17:40:40.9603 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5482.1
	Command line: /opt/mediabrowser/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/mediabrowser
	Operating system: Unix 3.13.0.37
	Processor count: 2
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: /var/lib/mediabrowser
	Mono: 3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-4ubuntu1)
	Application Path: /opt/mediabrowser/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	System.NullReferenceException
	at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.GetActualChildren () <0x00025>
	at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.get_ActualChildren () <0x00013>
	at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.get_Children () <0x00016>
	at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetEligibleChildrenForRecursiveChildren (MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.User) <0x00013>
	at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.AddChildrenToList (MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.User,bool,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem>,bool,bool) <0x00065>
	at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetRecursiveChildren (MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.User,bool) <0x000a3>
	at MediaBrowser.Api.UserLibrary.UserLibraryService/<GetItemsConfiguredForLatest>c__AnonStorey8.<>m__1 (MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder) <0x00029>
	at System.Linq.Enumerable/<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder, MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem>.MoveNext () <0x0018f>
	at MoreLinq.MoreEnumerable/<DistinctByImpl>d__5f`2<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem, System.Guid>.MoveNext () <0x00252>
	at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem>) <0x00214>
	at System.Linq.QuickSort`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem>..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem>,System.Linq.SortContext`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem>) <0x00037>
	at System.Linq.QuickSort`1/<Sort>c__Iterator0<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem>.MoveNext () <0x00093>
	at System.Linq.Enumerable/<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1E`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem>.MoveNext () <0x0020f>
	at System.Linq.Enumerable/<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1E`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem>.MoveNext () <0x0020f>
	at System.Linq.Enumerable/<CreateTakeIterator>c__Iterator19`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem>.MoveNext () <0x00239>
	at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem>.AddEnumerable (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem>) <0x0008a>
	at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem>..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem>) <0x000c7>
	at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem>) <0x0003b>
	at MediaBrowser.Api.UserLibrary.UserLibraryService.Get (MediaBrowser.Api.UserLibrary.GetLatestMedia) <0x00833>
	at (wrapper dynamic-method) object.lambda_method (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,object,object) <0x00074>
	at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1<MediaBrowser.Api.UserLibrary.GetLatestMedia>.Execute (ServiceStack.Web.IRequest,object,MediaBrowser.Api.UserLibrary.GetLatestMedia) <0x0040c>

is it something important ?

Otherwise, the server starts and plays fine...

Edited by pancyber

hurricanehrndz

we have a ppa. You can download the deb directly from the ppa. It is up to you though to fulfil the software requirements. Such as mono 3.28+, libsqlite3, libwebp, Libgdiplus, mediainfo

we have a ppa. You can download the deb directly from the ppa. It is up to you though to fulfil the software requirements. Such as mono 3.28+, libsqlite3, libwebp, Libgdiplus, mediainfo

Thanks!  Looks like there's only support for >=14.04.  I have 12.04 (precise), so the ppa doesn't help.  The instructions say:

Trusty, Utopic, Vivid:

- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:apps-z/mediabrowser 

- sudo apt-get update 

- sudo apt-get install mediabrowser 

- service mediabrowser start 

- visit http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser

Other:
download package 

- add to your sources list: deb http://badgerports.org precise main 

- dpkg -i *.deb 

- apt-get -f install 

The "download package" link is the one that's broken.

hurricanehrndz

Thanks!  Looks like there's only support for >=14.04.  I have 12.04 (precise), so the ppa doesn't help.  The instructions say:

Trusty, Utopic, Vivid:

- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:apps-z/mediabrowser 

- sudo apt-get update 

- sudo apt-get install mediabrowser 

Other:
download package 

- add to your sources list: deb http://badgerports.org precise main 

- dpkg -i *.deb 

- apt-get -f install 

The "download package" link is the one that's broken.

Yes. PPA officially only supports only those distros because in the official repos there is a version of mono that is supported. The debs themselves are honestly fully cross platform since it is developed using mono. Meaning you can use the 14.04 deb on precise. You just have to fulfil the dependencies manually yourself (I provided a list in my first reply). So you could download the deb from the ppa manually, I believe I provided a link earlier. 

My honest recommendation though would be to use docker. 

I do agree that the instructions have to get updated. 

If your looking for an updated deb though you can download this one, which is a direct download from the ppa. 

• 2 weeks later...
stephen_d_hill

Have installed successfully using PPA :) .

BUT, my server has no GUI installed, so I cannot use localhost :(. How can I modify the binding address using command-line so that I can get to webpage remotely?

Hello,

Tonight, I installed MediaBrowser on a fresh image of Ubuntu Server 14.04.1 using the following commands as per the instructions.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:apps-z/mediabrowser
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mediabrowser
sudo service mediabrowser start

The installation appeared to go fine, unfortunately the service does not run.  It starts, but then crashes with an unhandled exception.  I include a log below.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

2015-01-20 21:30:57.0538 Info - Main: Media Browser
	Command line: /opt/mediabrowser/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/mediabrowser
	Operating system: Unix 3.13.0.32
	Processor count: 4
2015-01-20 21:30:57.4425 Info - App: Application version: 3.0.5490.2
2015-01-20 21:30:57.5583 Info - App: Application configuration:
	{"EnableUPnP":true,"PublicPort":8096,"HttpServerPortNumber":8096,"HttpsPortNumber":8920,"EnableInternetProviders":true,"IsPortAuthorized":false,"SeasonZeroDisplayName":"Specials","SaveLocalMeta":false,"EnableLocalizedGuids":false,"PreferredMetadataLanguage":"en","MetadataCountryCode":"US","SortReplaceCharacters":[".","+","%"],"SortRemoveCharacters":[",","&","-","{","}","'"],"SortRemoveWords":["the","a","an"],"MinResumePct":5,"MaxResumePct":90,"MinResumeDurationSeconds":300,"RealtimeMonitorDelay":30,"EnableDashboardResponseCaching":true,"EnableTvDbUpdates":false,"EnableTmdbUpdates":false,"EnableFanArtUpdates":false,"ImageSavingConvention":"Compatible","MetadataOptions":[{"ItemType":"Book","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Movie","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":3,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Art","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Disc","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Series","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":2,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Art","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicAlbum","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Disc","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicArtist","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Art","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Season","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":0,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]}],"EnableAutomaticRestart":true,"EnableRealtimeMonitor":true,"PathSubstitutions":[],"UICulture":"en-us","PeopleMetadataOptions":{"DownloadActorMetadata":true,"DownloadDirectorMetadata":true,"DownloadProducerMetadata":false,"DownloadWriterMetadata":false,"DownloadComposerMetadata":false,"DownloadOtherPeopleMetadata":false,"DownloadGuestStarMetadata":false},"FindInternetTrailers":true,"InsecureApps8":["Chromecast","iOS","Unknown app","MediaPortal","Media Portal","iPad","iPhone","Roku","Windows Phone"],"SaveMetadataHidden":false,"EnableWin8HttpListener":false,"ContentTypes":[],"EnableAudioArchiveFiles":false,"EnableVideoArchiveFiles":false,"EnableDebugLevelLogging":false,"EnableAutoUpdate":true,"SystemUpdateLevel":"Release","LogFileRetentionDays":3,"RunAtStartup":false,"IsStartupWizardCompleted":false}
2015-01-20 21:30:57.5768 Info - App: Loading MediaBrowser.Api, Version=3.0.5490.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2015-01-20 21:30:57.5768 Info - App: Loading MediaBrowser.WebDashboard, Version=3.0.5490.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2015-01-20 21:30:57.5768 Info - App: Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=3.0.5490.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2015-01-20 21:30:57.5768 Info - App: Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.0.5490.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2015-01-20 21:30:57.5772 Info - App: Loading MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.0.5490.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2015-01-20 21:30:57.5772 Info - App: Loading MediaBrowser.Providers, Version=3.0.5490.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2015-01-20 21:30:57.5772 Info - App: Loading MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations, Version=3.0.5490.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2015-01-20 21:30:57.5772 Info - App: Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations, Version=3.0.5490.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2015-01-20 21:30:57.5772 Info - App: Loading MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding, Version=3.0.5490.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2015-01-20 21:30:57.5772 Info - App: Loading MediaBrowser.Dlna, Version=3.0.5490.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2015-01-20 21:30:57.5772 Info - App: Loading MediaBrowser.LocalMetadata, Version=3.0.5490.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2015-01-20 21:30:57.5772 Info - App: Loading MediaBrowser.XbmcMetadata, Version=3.0.5490.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2015-01-20 21:30:57.5772 Info - App: Loading MediaBrowser.IsoMounting.Linux, Version=1.0.5131.24779, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2015-01-20 21:30:57.5772 Info - App: Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Mono, Version=3.0.5490.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2015-01-20 21:30:57.5772 Info - App: Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common, Version=3.0.5490.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2015-01-20 21:30:57.8395 Info - SqliteUserRepository: Sqlite 3.8.2 opening /var/lib/mediabrowser/data/users.db
2015-01-20 21:30:57.9064 Info - SqliteItemRepository: Sqlite 3.8.2 opening /var/lib/mediabrowser/data/chapters.db
2015-01-20 21:30:57.9125 Info - SqliteItemRepository: Sqlite 3.8.2 opening /var/lib/mediabrowser/data/mediainfo.db
2015-01-20 21:30:57.9240 Info - SqliteFileOrganizationRepository: Sqlite 3.8.2 opening /var/lib/mediabrowser/data/fileorganization.db
2015-01-20 21:30:57.9425 Info - AuthenticationRepository: Sqlite 3.8.2 opening /var/lib/mediabrowser/data/authentication.db
2015-01-20 21:30:57.9505 Info - SyncRepository: Sqlite 3.8.2 opening /var/lib/mediabrowser/data/sync11.db
2015-01-20 21:30:58.0350 Info - ImageProcessor: libwebp version: 0.4.1
2015-01-20 21:30:58.1078 Info - App: HttpClientManager.GetTempFileResponse url: http://ffmpeg.gusari.org/static/64bit/ffmpeg.static.64bit.latest.tar.gz
2015-01-20 21:31:15.9969 Info - App: Extracting ffmpeg from /var/lib/mediabrowser/cache/temp/01a9e407-a62e-4b0a-ba9e-be99cdfe6131.tmp
2015-01-20 21:31:15.9974 Info - App: Extracting /var/lib/mediabrowser/cache/temp/01a9e407-a62e-4b0a-ba9e-be99cdfe6131.tmp to /var/lib/mediabrowser/cache/temp/4b24ef01-78b6-4b71-8336-d1dfb9e28a42
2015-01-20 21:31:16.0086 Error - Main: UnhandledException
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5490.2
	Operating system: Unix 3.13.0.32
	Processor count: 4
	The underlying Task is already in one of the three final states: RanToCompletion, Faulted, or Canceled.
	System.InvalidOperationException
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1[System.Int32].SetException (IEnumerable`1 exceptions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1[System.Int32].SetException (System.Exception exception) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[System.Int32].InnerInvoke (System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1 tcs, System.Func`2 endMethod, IAsyncResult l) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1+<FromAsyncBeginEnd>c__AnonStorey5`3[System.Int32,System.Byte[],System.Int32,System.Int32].<>m__0 (IAsyncResult l) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

See if you can get a more recent mono version than 3.2.8. 3.2.8 should be ok but it's not getting a whole lot of testing anymore.