Ubuntu

Luke

the version reporting is using our general version check, but the ubuntu update hasn't actually been published yet. we'll have out it this weekend. sorry for the confusion. we'll improve on that going forward.

lklassen

Ah I see. Ok no worries. However, was I doing it right? Would I simply run those terminal commands again once the upgrade is out for Ubuntu?

the version reporting is using our general version check, but the ubuntu update hasn't actually been published yet. we'll have out it this weekend. sorry for the confusion. we'll improve on that going forward.

Was just coming on here to check and see what was going on. 

Hi, (my first post!)

I am still relatively new to Linux (Ubuntu), but I have built a stable file server (now on version 14.04 'trusty') and have also installed mediabrowser server on it successfully. However, how do I do the upgrades? I have tried a few different ways, but none seem to be working. How would I do it from the terminal? Right now I am on version 3.0.5424.1 and would like to upgrade to version 3.0.5445.5. The dashboard is telling me that it's available for manual download and install.

I had originally downloaded and installed it like this:

1.       sudo add-apt-repository ppa:apps-z/mediabrowser

2.       sudo apt-get update

3.       sudo apt-get install mediabrowser

But what commands do I use to get the latest updates? I tried commands 2 and 3 above again....but that is not working. 

I also tried to download the update manually from GitHub - but that is not for Linux/Ubuntu?

Sorry if these are very basic 'noob' questions!

Great job on mediabrowser by the way...I love it!

Thanks....

To update in Ubuntu it would be "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade", the && means that it is running two commands. The first one checks for updates then after that finishes it installs the updates after you agree. 

yea we'll have an automated release process soon so as soon as you see that notification you'll know the unbuntu update is available. for now just bear with it.

yea we'll have an automated release process soon so as soon as you see that notification you'll know the unbuntu update is available. for now just bear with it.

Is the goal to have it update like the windows version then or through the repository? 

it will be through the repo. the server will notify you, you shut down and update. the automatic build process we're working on will give us instant availability once the releases are tagged.

• Like 1

santhony

Looks like my mediabrowser has just updated to the latest software...  But I'm unable to get the service to run... I'm using Ubuntu Server 14.04..

Anyone else had success with the upgrade on Ubuntu Server?

lklassen

I also had the same problem updating on my ubuntu server v14.04 LTS.
I ran the command: sudo apt-get install sqlite3 libsqlite3-dev
(as mentioned by 'pm314' in this thread - original topic: http://mediabrowser....ver-wont-start/)

Then:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mediabrowser

...and it fetched and installed the latest version 3.0.5445.6 !

Thank You!

packetgod

Hey thanks that fixed my issue too, oddly enough I couldn't find any error logs or things that would point me in the right direction, it just failed to run and didn't seem to generate any logs at all.  Sounds like two more dependencies to add to the package.

fantaxp7

I've just upgraded to the latest version today, I still notice other mono applications (Sonarr) shutting down when stopping mediabrowser server. Not sure if this was addressed or not.

hurricanehrndz

I've just upgraded to the latest version today, I still notice other mono applications (Sonarr) shutting down when stopping mediabrowser server. Not sure if this was addressed or not.

That edit you wanted in the start script was addressed unless it crept back in. 

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I'm having some issues with unresponsive behavior in MBC.  Looking at the logs I noticed the server is failing to load libwebp.so, don't know if that's the problem or not, all the images still seem to work in the end.  The libwebp folder only has an osx subdirectory in it, no linux one.

Going up and down the list of movies in MBC has a noticeable delay as it loads each one, but only the first time, so I assume it's the initial downloading of the movie poster?  Mostly the delay is maybe a second or so, but sometimes it freezes for close to a minute, bringing up the program not responding error in Media Center.  Looks like it's a 40 second timeout.

2014-12-11 18:38:13.0788,Info,,Sending Http Get to http://192.168.1.2:8096/mediabrowser/Users/e4fafe12-7719-47c5-e792-3375b97685f4/Items/57934397-67e6-4609-e440-d29898e51a8d?format=Json,1,Application
2014-12-11 18:38:53.0980,Error,,Error getting response from http://192.168.1.2:8096/mediabrowser/Users/e4fafe12-7719-47c5-e792-3375b97685f4/Items/57934397-67e6-4609-e440-d29898e51a8d?format=Json ( Exception.  Type=System.Net.WebException Msg=The operation has timed out Src=System Method=GetResponse Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() [n]    at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.MbHttpClient.Get(String url) ),1,Application

This is on 14.04, installed following the instructions on the website.

ServerLog.txt

MBClassic-111220148d4fec6f0c234cc2a687ff109fb7cedb.log

hurricanehrndz

Ive been working with Luke to get the libwebp issue fixed. Hopefully today I will have something. It seems launchpad removes any embedded libraries that it can identify. So I had to backport a vivid release of libwebp.

hurricanehrndz

I'm not sure and I haven't looked at your logs but I say wait till later tonight when I update the ppa and have libwebp updated and included as a system dependency to see if it fixes your issue.

Still getting the missing libwebp.so error.

I used "sudo apt-get install --only-upgrade mediabrowser" to update, and it downloaded something, but I'm not sure if that's the correct way to update currently.