Ubuntu

Luke

nightshadow36

Hi.

I posted this in another link but i think it should have been here as i am using the ubuntu package.
Here is what i wrote if any one could help.

I have been waiting a long time for a package for ubuntu so thank you for all the hard work installation went smoothly.
At the moment i have been using an nfs share for xbmc.
I have now installed the mediabrowser for ubuntu. I was hoping for a little help.

I have all my movies at this location media/vod/vod
When i select "media path in mediabrowser" /media/vod/vod shows in the list but when i select it, it does not show the list of movies
it just has "..." and also it says "The path does not exsit"

It a mounted drive, nfs share on the same computer as media brower.
The permissions on the drive are media/vod/vod = Me-create and delete files, nogroup-access files, others-access files.
The permissions for the movies folders in media/vod/vod are the same as above.
The mp4 movies inside the folders are as follows...

EXAMPLE

media/vod/vod/8mile.mp4 = Me-read and write, Nogroup-read only, others-access files
Hope there is something simple I am missing.

Thank you for any help.

Edited by nightshadow36

you say your movies are in   media/vod/vod

and the path in MBS is /media/vod/vod

is this a typo in the post ?

because it's not the same path. 

tried using the latest repo to install as I have had nothing but disappointment trying to get mono 3.2.8 install on my Ubuntu Trusty. thought mayb the repo build might include all the dependency builds....... 

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/apps-z/mediabrowser/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/source/Sources  404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/apps-z/mediabrowser/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/binary-amd64/Packages  404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/apps-z/mediabrowser/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/binary-i386/Packages  404  Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

fantaxp7

Got my issue fixed with using nfs and mounting that way.

I noticed that cpu usage goes up quite a bit when my Android is streaming a file. Like up to 70% from 10-20%. 

Also the library scan has been stuck at 60.5% for a long time.

Thanks

thefirstofthe300

Got my issue fixed with using nfs and mounting that way.

I noticed that cpu usage goes up quite a bit when my Android is streaming a file. Like up to 70% from 10-20%. 

Also the library scan has been stuck at 60.5% for a long time.

Thanks

The CPU spike probably has to do with the fact that streaming to Android will spawn a transcode.

I am not sure about the library scan though. How big is the library? How long has it been stuck?

fantaxp7

The CPU spike probably has to do with the fact that streaming to Android will spawn a transcode.

I am not sure about the library scan though. How big is the library? How long has it been stuck?

Library isn't too big, I have 600+ movies and 76 tv shows.

Last night I stopped the scan library task and it was stuck at stopping. This morning mb server crashed. 

The task has already completed
System.InvalidOperationException
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.SetException (System.Exception exception) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.Stream+<CopyToAsync>c__async0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper unbox) System.IO.Stream/<CopyToAsync>c__async0:MoveNext ()
  at System.Threading.Tasks.AwaiterActionContinuation.Execute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ProcessCompleteDelegates () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.HandleGenericException (System.AggregateException e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.TrySetException (System.AggregateException aggregate, Boolean cancellation, Boolean observed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1[System.Int32].TrySetException (IEnumerable`1 exceptions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1[System.Int32].SetException (IEnumerable`1 exceptions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1[System.Int32].SetException (System.Exception exception) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[System.Int32].InnerInvoke (System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1 tcs, System.Func`2 endMethod, IAsyncResult l) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1+<FromAsyncBeginEnd>c__AnonStorey5`3[System.Int32,System.Byte[],System.Int32,System.Int32].<>m__0 (IAsyncResult l) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.WebAsyncResult.CB (System.Object unused) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Edited by fantaxp7

fantaxp7

Are we restricted from using our supporter key on multiple machines? I tried to copy and paste the one I have for my production system to this ubuntu one but it won't take.

hurricanehrndz

tried using the latest repo to install as I have had nothing but disappointment trying to get mono 3.2.8 install on my Ubuntu Trusty. thought mayb the repo build might include all the dependency builds....... 

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/apps-z/mediabrowser/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/source/Sources  404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/apps-z/mediabrowser/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/binary-amd64/Packages  404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/apps-z/mediabrowser/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/binary-i386/Packages  404  Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

All your failures point to precise, there is no precise package. Your sourceslist file must be corrupt. This could be the case if you did an os upgrade from precise to trusty. I would say you need to fix your sourceslist file.

Edited by hurricanehernandez

fantaxp7

service script still kills other running mono apps.

sudo service mediabrowser restart  (and stop) result in other mono apps stopping. 

This was fixed right? I noticed after install Sonarr on the same machine that I installed MB server ubuntu on that they would both crash daily. I turned off MB server and Sonarr has been running a few days now without a crash.

I just updated my system and MB server is now on Version 3.0.5424.1

Thanks

I don't think it's fixed in that package.

Also the init script shouldn't have anything to do with MBS crashing. Only problem is when you run the init script with stop or restart command it would kill other mono apps. So your crashing issue seems to be something else. 

• Like 1

im85288

Yes it is.

I had this in April and reported it in this thread: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/6356-the-posterjpg-is-overwritten-with-a-low-quality-banner-unless-there-is-a-folderjpg-file-present/ 

As far as I am aware it is still not fixed, there were other things such as the watched icon not appearing as a checkmark. 

fantaxp7

I had this in April and reported it in this thread: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/6356-the-posterjpg-is-overwritten-with-a-low-quality-banner-unless-there-is-a-folderjpg-file-present/ 

As far as I am aware it is still not fixed, there were other things such as the watched icon not appearing as a checkmark. 

ok good to know I'm not the only one, I have a number of issues that make this unusable for me too.

Mine is running in a virtual machine with 8GB, but 6 of those are available for Livetv timeshift buffer, the VM is running tvheadend, MBS, and some programs such as sonarr and the likes.

fantaxp7

Mine is running in a virtual machine with 8GB, but 6 of those are available for Livetv timeshift buffer, the VM is running tvheadend, MBS, and some programs such as sonarr and the likes.

Ahh I see, I am essentially trying to build something similar. I have Sonarr on their and it's working well, but when I start MBS  it uses a lot of the memory though I only assigned 3gb to the VM. 

I am hoping to try out tvheadened as well. Maybe one day it will be a supported live tv backend. 

im85288

TVHeadEnd is awesome...works really well in Kodi too (if your using that), just make sure to use the version of the kodi tvheadend addon being developed by the TVHeadEnd Author rather than the one currently in the official repo...as it adds a lot of time shift etc fixes.

• Like 1

fantaxp7

TVHeadEnd is awesome...works really well in Kodi too (if your using that), just make sure to use the version of the kodi tvheadend addon being developed by the TVHeadEnd Author rather than the one currently in the official repo...as it adds a lot of time shift etc fixes.

I'll definitely check it out. I do periodically check out kodi because it's a great piece of software and I respect it, but I am a bit devoted to this awesome project here  :)

It's great though now seeing all of these linux releases. I have had some more success with MB server lately, I had to re-mount my shares and after completing a library scan, the cover art issue when away.

I'm trying to lessen the dependency on Windows. I have a win7 VM with server that runs serverwmc, which is great, but I'd like to see a solution that doesn't require transcoding to the client. I use it mostly for scheduling recordings. My hope for an "end all solution" is Android TV.

lklassen

Hi, (my first post!)

I am still relatively new to Linux (Ubuntu), but I have built a stable file server (now on version 14.04 'trusty') and have also installed mediabrowser server on it successfully. However, how do I do the upgrades? I have tried a few different ways, but none seem to be working. How would I do it from the terminal? Right now I am on version 3.0.5424.1 and would like to upgrade to version 3.0.5445.5. The dashboard is telling me that it's available for manual download and install.

I had originally downloaded and installed it like this:
1.       sudo add-apt-repository ppa:apps-z/mediabrowser
2.       sudo apt-get update
3.       sudo apt-get install mediabrowser

But what commands do I use to get the latest updates? I tried commands 2 and 3 above again....but that is not working. 

I also tried to download the update manually from GitHub - but that is not for Linux/Ubuntu?

Sorry if these are very basic 'noob' questions!

Great job on mediabrowser by the way...I love it!

Thanks....