Ubuntu

Luke

pancyber

I was testing the older version without any problems, but this version does not show the subtitles. The log file was complaining about file permissions and I fixed them, but still no subs - neither those that the older version downloaded automatically... any fix?

UPDATE: It seems that the subtitles are not syncing properly when you skip the movie to some place... for example I bypass the movie intro and move at 00:10:00 --- after a few seconts it plays the very first subtitle it was supposed to play at 00:00:05 - not the one at 00:10:05

Thus in order to properly see the subs I have to see the movie from the beginning... otherwise they do not work properly... probably due to the conversion to webm

Some videos that allow me to select "Direct" for quality... they work perfectly... How can I force it to all my mp4 videos ?

Edited by pancyber
  • Like 1

hurricanehrndz

I was testing the older version without any problems, but this version does not show the subtitles. The log file was complaining about file permissions and I fixed them, but still no subs - neither those that the older version downloaded automatically... any fix?

UPDATE: It seems that the subtitles are not syncing properly when you skip the movie to some place... for example I bypass the movie intro and move at 00:10:00 --- after a few seconts it plays the very first subtitle it was supposed to play at 00:00:05 - not the one at 00:10:05

Thus in order to properly see the subs I have to see the movie from the beginning... otherwise they do not work properly... probably due to the conversion to webm

Some videos that allow me to select "Direct" for quality... they work perfectly... How can I force it to all my mp4 videos ?

This a general mediabrowser question and not one specific the the Ubuntu package or the ppa.

fantaxp7

I am getting this after apt-get update, previous command looked fine

W: GPG error: http://download.mono-project.com wheezy Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY A6A19B38D3D831EF
W: A error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: http://archive.zfsonlinux.org wheezy Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 8E234FB17DFFA34D

W: Failed to fetch http://archive.zfsonlinux.org/debian/dists/wheezy/Release  

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/apps-z/mediabrowser/ubuntu/dists/wheezy/main/source/Sources  404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/apps-z/mediabrowser/ubuntu/dists/wheezy/main/binary-amd64/Packages  404  Not Found

Edit: obviously the first fail is for zfs not mb

Edited by fantaxp7

pancyber

Well that was it... reverted back to 3.0.5395.0 ... the new version was too strict on access rights, and also could not achive "direct" on firefox -> no subtitles and many hickups in the stream... iexplore and chrome worked better but not as the previous version for me... at least on trusty...

now everything works fine again.... even my android firefox works again...

I just installed the package without any real issues. I just needed to modify

- service mediabrowser start

to

- sudo service mediabrowser start

as I was getting an access permission error while trying to start the service.

After that the server ran with no issues.

Whilde configuring the media Library I am getting errors whenever I try to add my NAS locations to the library. I tried with a regular UNC path but I am getting a "The path does not exist" error. Should I add the NAS locations to the server in the same way I do in my windows MB Server?

BTW I am able to connect to the NAS location from the Ubuntu machine by connecting to smb://MYNAS/Folder and play the media directly from there.

service script still kills other running mono apps.

sudo service mediabrowser restart  (and stop) result in other mono apps stopping. 

Maybe you could help research a better way?

I just installed the package without any real issues. I just needed to modify

- service mediabrowser start

to

- sudo service mediabrowser start

as I was getting an access permission error while trying to start the service.

After that the server ran with no issues.

Whilde configuring the media Library I am getting errors whenever I try to add my NAS locations to the library. I tried with a regular UNC path but I am getting a "The path does not exist" error. Should I add the NAS locations to the server in the same way I do in my windows MB Server?

BTW I am able to connect to the NAS location from the Ubuntu machine by connecting to smb://MYNAS/Folder and play the media directly from there.

I dont if this will help but you can try modifying /etc/init.d/mediabrowser do_stop function

do_stop()
{
	# Return
	#   0 if daemon has been stopped
	#   1 if daemon was already stopped
	#   2 if daemon could not be stopped
	#   other if a failure occurred
	start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --retry=TERM/30/KILL/5 --pidfile $PIDFILE --name mono
	RETVAL="$?"
	[ "$RETVAL" = 2 ] && return 2
	# Wait for children to finish too if this is a daemon that forks
	# and if the daemon is only ever run from this initscript.
	# If the above conditions are not satisfied then add some other code
	# that waits for the process to drop all resources that could be
	# needed by services started subsequently.  A last resort is to
	# sleep for some time.
	start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --oknodo --retry=0/30/KILL/5 --exec $DAEMON
	[ "$?" = 2 ] && return 2
	# Many daemons don't delete their pidfiles when they exit.
	rm -f $PIDFILE
	return "$RETVAL"
}

to

do_stop()
{
	# Return
	start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --retry=TERM/30/KILL/5 --pidfile $PIDFILE
	RETVAL="$?"
	# sleep for some time.
	[ "$?" = 2 ] && return 2
	rm -f $PIDFILE
	return "$RETVAL"
}

In other words remove the --name mono in the function. ( as it looks for all process that have mono on their name) I think tha tmay work but i didn;t have any other mono apps to test it with.

when somebody decides to help out and do it, then it becomes planned :)

I was able to install and run the package for trusty so it should be a matter of adding the same package in launchpad to a utopic repository i think launchpad builds from the recipe that you give to it is there a way to enable it to build the recipe for utopic?

hurricanehrndz

I agree, but it happened when I installed the new ubuntu package not before

Yes. Again I believe this might be an issue with the actual mediabrowser code and not specific to debian.

hurricanehrndz

I am getting this after apt-get update, previous command looked fine

W: GPG error: http://download.mono-project.com wheezy Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY A6A19B38D3D831EF

W: A error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: http://archive.zfsonlinux.org wheezy Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 8E234FB17DFFA34D

W: Failed to fetch http://archive.zfsonlinux.org/debian/dists/wheezy/Release  

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/apps-z/mediabrowser/ubuntu/dists/wheezy/main/source/Sources  404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/apps-z/mediabrowser/ubuntu/dists/wheezy/main/binary-amd64/Packages  404  Not Found

Edit: obviously the first fail is for zfs not mb

This is a ubuntu release specifically trusty not debian and not wheezy. If you are using debian please use the debs and ensure you fulfill the dependencies.

Is a ppa for utopic planned?

Yes. I'm currently working on this and on nightly builds. I will try and get to it as soon as possible.

I dont if this will help but you can try modifying /etc/init.d/mediabrowser do_stop function

do_stop()
{
	# Return
	start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --retry=TERM/30/KILL/5 --pidfile $PIDFILE --name mono
	RETVAL="$?"
	# sleep for some time.
	[ "$?" = 2 ] && return 2
	rm -f $PIDFILE
	return "$RETVAL"
}

to

do_stop()
{
	# Return
	start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --retry=TERM/30/KILL/5 --pidfile $PIDFILE
	RETVAL="$?"
	# sleep for some time.
	[ "$?" = 2 ] && return 2
	rm -f $PIDFILE
	return "$RETVAL"
}

In other words remove the --name mono in the function. ( as it looks for all process that have mono on their name) I think tha tmay work but i didn;t have any other mono apps to test it with.

I was able to install and run the package for trusty so it should be a matter of adding the same package in launchpad to a utopic repository i think launchpad builds from the recipe that you give to it is there a way to enable it to build the recipe for utopic?

I will test out the the stop function without the "--name mono" if it works I will remove it, otherwise I will try and find a workaround. In terms of utopic there is no recipe at the moment everything gets build step by step by me. I have scripts but no recipe. Currently, I'm working on the recipe so once that is done I can probably copy the recipe over to utopic.

Edited by hurricanehernandez

fantaxp7

My bad hurricanehernandez you are correct I used the wrong version. I have today setup a ubuntu VM and now have everything running.

Though one question I have, I can see my network shares fine with a file browser however when adding a collection to MB I can't see them. Any idea why this might be?

Thanks

hurricanehrndz

My bad hurricanehernandez you are correct I used the wrong version. I have today setup a ubuntu VM and now have everything running.

Though one question I have, I can see my network shares fine with a file browser however when adding a collection to MB I can't see them. Any idea why this might be?

Thanks

Nope sorry. Hopefully Luke can best answer that. I honestly just mount the shares I'm interested in. Can I ask what your host OS is?

fantaxp7

Nope sorry. Hopefully Luke can best answer that. I honestly just mount the shares I'm interested in. Can I ask what your host OS is?

I use Proxmox and the VM is Ubuntu 14.04.1.

Yea it's weird that I can get to it via file browser. And it appears to be mounted. It is a Samba share, maybe something to do with it....

fantaxp7

Thanks

Bump....anyone have any clue? I'd really like to get past this so I can get to testing  :D

Also I moved past adding these directories for movies/tv just to finish initial install. I also noticed that when I click on the icon to select a player nothing shows...I should see my htpc I would think. 

service script still kills other running mono apps.

sudo service mediabrowser restart  (and stop) result in other mono apps stopping. 

Maybe you could help research a better way?

Scripting at this level is a bit above my level of expertise, I'm at 'hello world' level. However I have found this to be the one killing all mono apps, removing this part and script is working fine for me:

# needed by services started subsequently.  A last resort is to
        # sleep for some time.
       [ "$?" = 2 ] && return 2

hurricanehrndz

Scripting at this level is a bit above my level of expertise, I'm at 'hello world' level. However I have found this to be the one killing all mono apps, removing this part and script is working fine for me:

# needed by services started subsequently.  A last resort is to
        # sleep for some time.
       [ "$?" = 2 ] && return 2

Thank you. The script will be update and the package will be updated soon

• Like 1

hurricanehrndz

Hi.

I posted this in another link but i think it should have been here as i am using the ubuntu package.

Here is what i wrote if any one could help.

I have been waiting a long time for a package for ubuntu so thank you for all the hard work installation went smoothly.

At the moment i have been using an nfs share for xbmc.

I have now installed the mediabrowser for ubuntu. I was hoping for a little help.

I have all my movies at this location media/vod/vod

When i select "media path in mediabrowser" /media/vod/vod shows in the list but when i select it, it does not show the list of movies

it just has "..." and also it says "The path does not exsit"

It a mounted drive, nfs share on the same computer as media brower.

The permissions on the drive are media/vod/vod = Me-create and delete files, nogroup-access files, others-access files.

The permissions for the movies folders in media/vod/vod are the same as above.

The mp4 movies inside the folders are as follows...

EXAMPLE

media/vod/vod/8mile.mp4 = Me-read and write, Nogroup-read only, others-access files

Hope there is something simple I am missing.

Thank you for any help.

mediabrowser is run by default by user mediabrowser, please ensure other user have read and  execute permission on the directory and all sub directories otherwise you will not be able to see any files.

Edited by hurricanehernandez

thefirstofthe300

mediabrowser is run by default by user mediabrowser, please ensure other user have read and  execute permission on the directory and all sub directories otherwise you will not be able to see any files.

I forgot that directories need to have execute permissions for a program to be able to access the files.

A simple chmod -R 755 /media/vod/vod should fix any permissions issues that you have.

Disregard my other post.

Edited by DaBungalow