Slow loading, buffering and start up error messages

Miejm

I posted this query on another post but don't know if people will see it so reposting here, sorry if it's too much!

I was wondering if anyone can help me, I have this exact problem. i jailbroke my ipad and I'm using xbmc as an app but when I open it I get an error message;

":URL Error: unable to connect to server" although some live TV channels are loading but working very slowly and buffer throughout so not really watchable but still clearly connecting.

another pop up box will say "error unable to connect to host" and when I press ok yet another error pops up titled "error in artwork rotation thread" and underneath that it says 'timed out'.

Now even loading system files is going slow and I've no clue how to fix this! I've used the maintenance tool and reduced cache to zero. Also, it says 2290 tv channels but the EPG won't load, and when I use ice films and 1channel no tv shows or movies will load when I navigate through the menu now.

I'm sorry I'm such a basic user and I'm aware these are different unrelated problems, but any help at all (preferably in non technical lingo) would be much appreciated. Many thanks!

Edited by Miejm