Live TV crash after 2 hours

farside847

farside847

MB Server - latest stable 3.0.5424.1

ServerWMC - latest stable 1.0.0.42 build 1167

Roku 3 - latest stable 1.64

I was watching some live football today with the above setup, and after about 2 hours of flawless operation, the live stream stopped and the roku went back to the show detail screen.

Attached is the transcode log and it shows an error at the end, but to be honest I dont know what happened, but it has unfortunately happened to me before. Can anyone explain the error for me?

thanks!

transcode-037531bc-5fb8-4e53-b609-ae3624e35e17.zip

ServerWMC.log

Edited by farside847

DigitalFool

This isn't a major deal, but it's super annoying and I can't figure out a solution.

Essentially, if I'm watching a long program with Live TV on the Roku, sometimes it just kicks me back to Media Browser. If I click play, it goes back to where the program started as if it was cachced. I know I found some cached files and deleted them, but still starts at the beginning (and doesn't seem to let me skip ahead either). I've avoided any restarts as I had recordings in progress, just curious about the behavior.

farside847

Thanks. MBS closed the stream after it ran for those two hours, swmc doesn't show any problems.

Thanks for the follow up. Do we know why MBS closed after 2 hours? I did not tell it to. Is there a setting that I need to change?

THANKS!

krustyreturns

I don't know why it happens.  Next time it does, post the MBS log too (not just the transcode log).  

If you search this sub-forum you can find this problem discussed multiple times, some people have reported settings changes that have worked for them.

farside847

thanks again, I took a look at the MBS log too, boy is there a ton of info in there. Attached is the file. The stream closed at 12:27. I hope you have a better idea of what to look for than I do, Im kinda lost. :)

I had to trim down the file, I tried to keep all the data for the time I was streaming though.

server-63551088000-trim.zip

DigitalFool

thanks again, I took a look at the MBS log too, boy is there a ton of info in there. Attached is the file. The stream closed at 12:27. I hope you have a better idea of what to look for than I do, Im kinda lost. :)

I had to trim down the file, I tried to keep all the data for the time I was streaming though.

Just noticed my thread got merged with a very similar issue - do you see that if you restarted that channel (football game), does it start from the beginning or is your playback fine? Seems to be somewhat the same, but when I replay my show, it starts over and I can never get it to resume to actual 'LIVE TV'. I'll capture logs when it happens again.

krustyreturns

There is a setting in ServerWMC on the Live TV tab that sets a maximum run time.  The default setting is 2 hours.  Is that the issue?

Serverwmc's live-tv default max run length is no limit.

farside847

Serverwmc's live-tv default max run length is no limit.

Correct, it is set to 0 - no limit by default. Tooo bad, I wish it were simple :(

krustyreturns

It looks like important part is:

** stream is start here **

2014-11-09 10:19:26.1464 Info - App: Opening channel stream from ServerWMC, external channel Id: 12230259
2014-11-09 10:19:29.2224 Info - App: Live stream info: {"Path":"\\\\SCOTCH\\Users\\Public\\Recorded TV\\TempSWMC\\LiveTV_MediaBrowser^SCOTCH^0_Digital Cable_779_2014_11_09_10_19_26.ts","RequiredHttpHeaders":{},"Container":"ts","AudioCodec":"ac3","VideoCodec":"mpeg2video","AudioBitrate":192000,"VideoBitrate":5391928,"Width":1280,"Height":720,"AudioChannels":2,"AudioSampleRate":48000,"VideoProfile":"MP","Framerate":59.94006,"Protocol":"File","Id":"0","ReadAtNativeFramerate":true}
2014-11-09 10:19:30.7294 Info - App: C:\Users\neat\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg\20141005\ffmpeg.exe -fflags +genpts -async 1 -vsync -1 -re -i file:"\\SCOTCH\Users\Public\Recorded TV\TempSWMC\LiveTV_MediaBrowser^SCOTCH^0_Digital Cable_779_2014_11_09_10_19_26.ts" -map_metadata -1 -threads 0 -sn -codec:v:0 libx264 -preset superfast -crf 23 -maxrate 20000000 -bufsize 40000000 -vsync vfr -profile:v high -level 41 -force_key_frames expr:gte(t,n_forced*6) -vf "yadif=0:-1:0,scale=trunc(min(iw\,1920)/2)*2:trunc(min((iw/dar)\,1080)/2)*2" -sc_threshold 0 -codec:a:0 aac -strict experimental -ac 2 -ab 128000 -af "adelay=1,aresample=async=1000" -hls_time 6 -start_number 0 -hls_list_size 100 -hls_base_url "hls/ca4cba695d87adbf7df4da78787fd4c0/" -y "C:\Users\neat\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp\ca4cba695d87adbf7df4da78787fd4c0.m3u8"
2014-11-09 10:19:37.4565 Debug - App: Waiting for 3 segments in C:\Users\neat\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp\ca4cba695d87adbf7df4da78787fd4c0.m3u8
2014-11-09 10:19:49.3565 Debug - App: Finished waiting for 3 segments in C:\Users\neat\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp\ca4cba695d87adbf7df4da78787fd4c0.m3u8

** stream is shutdown 2 hours later here **
2014-11-09 12:26:59.2971 Debug - App: Disposing stream resources
2014-11-09 12:26:59.3171 Info - App: Closing live stream from ServerWMC, stream Id: 0
2014-11-09 12:26:59.3171 Info - App: FFMpeg exited with code 0

Why it was closed I haven't a clue..

there is nothing in MBS or any of our apps that stop after a set period of time.  what happened in the above log is ffmpeg exited normally (see code 0), and then we went ahead and stopped the live stream.

so ffmpeg is exiting because it thinks it has reached the end of the stream. why, i cannot say.

krustyreturns

I think I saw once that that is a command line option for ffmpeg that forces it to wait x number of seconds before it decides that its input has no more data to process.  Is that right?  Would that help?

Latchmor

I could be waaaay off here as I'm a ffmpeg noob too. I use it to trim WTV files and convert to MKV and I use -ss to start at a certain point and -t for duration. Could it be -t here too for live streaming?

krustyreturns

@@Latchmor interesting idea, its not what I was thinking of, but I wonder what setting duration would do if you set it for a live stream (setting it to something really large, like 24 hours)

Latchmor

I see there is also a timeout option but sounds like if it's not set, it's already infinity!

timeout

Set timeout in microseconds of socket I/O operations used by the underlying low level operation. By default it is set to -1, which means that the timeout is not specified.

krustyreturns

I also can't find whatever it was I thought I found in ffmpeg, there doesn't seem to be any special command for a growing file other than -re.  Your idea about the duration gave me another idea that I want to check out in the serverwmc code though.