Luke

FreeBSD Package

hjason7812

if you still have the old emby jail running 4.0.8 or whatever we installed. Restart that jail and check if its working, if not please use the standard method of installing in one of my many posts. or here

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60971-new-freenas-package-for-testing/page-7&do=findComment&comment=619899

Nothing is working at all.. i get internet through freenas but everything i try just fails at install except the old version that is in the plugins that installs with no problem.

Duffyx

Now that the newest verison of Emby (4.0.2.0) is in the FreeBSD ports tree, it should be as easy as

pkg install emby-server 

If you want to have full functionality, you'll have to recompile from source with lame enabled.

svnlite co https://svn.FreeBSD.org/ports/head /usr/ports/
cd /usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server
make config 
### enable the LAME option in the pop-up menu ###
make install 
make clean

Also note; these instruction are for FreeBSD! Not FreeNAS or any derivatives of FreeBSD.

FreeNAS has its separate thread, please keep FreeNAS related things in there.

Edited by Duffyx

hjason7812

Now that the newest verison of Emby (4.0.2.0) is in the FreeBSD ports tree, it should be as easy as "pkg install emby-server".

If you want to have full functionality, you'll have to recompile from source with lame enabled.

svn co https://svn.FreeBSD.org/ports/head /usr/ports/
cd /usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server
make config
make install 
make clean

What is lame?

Duffyx

Lame is a library that will enable the possibility for MP3 transcoding. It is disabled by default, because of licensing on FreeBSD.

hjason7812

there is a bug in the 4.4.2.0 for freenas where the display keeps resetting to the defult settings and has to be set back to user preferences every time a user logs into use the server

Luke

there is a bug in the 4.4.2.0 for freenas where the display keeps resetting to the defult settings and has to be set back to user preferences every time a user logs into use the server

Hi there, can you please go over an example? thanks.

hjason7812

Hi there, can you please go over an example? thanks.

Hello, sorry for the late reply Luke. Well i update freenas to the new update and it fixed the issue i had with emby changing the settings on me. Now i have another issue where the android version of emby automatically starts up even though it hasn't been ran in a while. i close all apps completely down after i'm done using them on my phone because they ise a lot of resources and make your phone run slow if you have a lot of apps running in the background.

Luke

Hello, sorry for the late reply Luke. Well i update freenas to the new update and it fixed the issue i had with emby changing the settings on me. Now i have another issue where the android version of emby automatically starts up even though it hasn't been ran in a while. i close all apps completely down after i'm done using them on my phone because they ise a lot of resources and make your phone run slow if you have a lot of apps running in the background.

What version of the android app?

soloam

Hello, I use the emby in my freenas system, and that is installed with the package, I would like to know if you guys keep using the package, or if you go Beta and installed it from the link? This is because the version of the freebsd is so far behind, and takes so long to get updated, that I'm tempted to go to a manual install. Is the delay on the freebsd updated rellated with tha package manager team, or is being hold back intentionally (if yes, whats the reason) by the emby team?

Thank You

adrianwi

I updated to 4.4.3.0 last week with pkg update/upgrade.  It's always a little behind, bu not too far, which I don't find to be a bad thing.