FreeBSD Package

Luke

Quick question.. How do i update emby now that it is all shell code?

Thanks

How did you install? 

hjason7812

How did you install? 

All through shell with the help of Makarai in this thread.. Emby says there is an update so i would like to know how to update it because i can't just click the update button anymore..

Edited by hjason7812

hjason7812

You would just install the latest using the same procedure.

So it would be this? pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.0.2.0/emby-server-freebsd_4.0.2.0_amd64.txz

Edited by hjason7812

hjason7812

I figured it out. No need to stop emby you need to go into the shell of emby and put in the code then whwn done restart emby.after that you are all up to date

• 3 weeks later...
hjason7812

got a problem with emby i can't go to it on anything including directly to the url. I can't use shell at all either it is just a blank screen can't type nor paste anything just stays blank.. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

got a problem with emby i can't go to it on anything including directly to the url. I can't use shell at all either it is just a blank screen can't type nor paste anything just stays blank.. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

If i recall you installed with @@makarai's custom install method, now that we're back in freebsd ports I would suggest using that. Thanks.

hjason7812

If i recall you installed with @@makarai's custom install method, now that we're back in freebsd ports I would suggest using that. Thanks.

What do you mean freebsd ports? If you're talking about the plugin? It is still the 3.5.3 version or something like that. Also i can't do anything get all kinds of errors while trying to install a new versions of emby etc

hjason7812

Our 4.0.1 release has been merged into freebsd ports.

i don't see it, it still says 3.5.3.0 on plugin's.. i don't know what these ports are how to find them nor install them.. never heard of it before... and the little snippets of info don't help either

makarai

freshports and the freenas plugins are different! Freenas plugins will only be updated quarterly so you have to wait until it shows a new version in the freenas plugin repository. 

FreenasPlugins get their plugins from Freshports, but it takes time.

Edited by makarai

hjason7812

freshports and the freenas plugins are different! Freenas plugins will only be updated quarterly so you have to wait until it shows a new version in the freenas plugin repository.

FreenasPlugins get their plugins from Freshports, but it takes time.

Luke said it's there somewhere and he won't provide help until i install it..

makarai

@hjason7812

Did you update freenas?

What the status of your current jails?

What other plugins have you installed?

Do you have a running emby atm? if yes which version?

hjason7812

Yes i updated to 11.2-u2.1

Up but can't go to emby on anything including direct url.

No other plugins installed

The emby version is 4.0.2.0

makarai

Luke said it's there somewhere and he won't provide help until i install it..

The freshports base has been updated 3 days ago it takes time until it makes it into freenas. Freenas only updates quarterly its plugins. So the plugin repository will not help you right this second.

makarai

Yes i updated to 11.2-u2.1

Up but can't go to emby on anything including direct url.

No other plugins installed

The emby version is 4.0.2.0

Have you fixed the vnet bug that is in freenas u2 atm?

if not type this in the freenas shel!

/bin/sh -c 'export JAILS="$(iocage list -h | cut -f 2)"; for jail in $JAILS; do iocage set vnet_default_interface=auto $jail; done; iocage set vnet_default_interface=auto default'
Edited by makarai

makarai

if you still have the old emby jail running 4.0.8 or whatever we installed. Restart that jail and check if its working, if not please use the standard method of installing in one of my many posts. or here

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60971-new-freenas-package-for-testing/page-7&do=findComment&comment=619899

Edited by makarai

hjason7812

yeah i still get the unable to connect page when going to the url.

I guess i'll have to reinstall it again... thanks

Edited by hjason7812