FreeBSD Package

Luke

hjason7812

you mean:

Install dependencies:
sudo pkg install mono libass fontconfig freetype2 fribidi gnutls iconv opus samba48 sqlite3 libtheora libva libvorbis webp libx264 libzvbi libraw

Install Emby Server:
pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.0.1.0/emby-server-freebsd_4.0.1.0_amd64.txz
sysrc emby_server_enable="YES"
service emby-server start

when i browse to 
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.0.1.0/emby-server-freebsd_4.0.1.0_amd64.txz 
 it works fine tho

This is what i get when i try to install the sudo..

sudo pkg install mono libass fontconfig freetype2 fribidi gnutls iconv opus samba48 sqlite3 libtheora libva libvorbis webp libx264 libzvbi libraw

Updating local repository catalogue...

pkg: Repository local load error: access repo file(/var/db/pkg/repo-local.sqlite) failed: No such file or directory

pkg: file:///usr/ports/packages/meta.txz: No such file or directory

repository local has no meta file, using default settings

pkg: file:///usr/ports/packages/packagesite.txz: No such file or directory

Unable to update repository local

Error updating repositories!

And this is what happens when i try to install the new emby server

Installing emby-server-4.0.1.0_1...

pkg: Missing dependency 'libass'

Failed to install the following 1 package(s): https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.0.1.0/emby-server-freebsd_4.0.1.0_amd64.txz

[root@@freenas ~]# sysrc emby_server_enable="YES"

emby_server_enable: YES -> YES

[root@@freenas ~]# service emby-server start

emby-server does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup

directories (/etc/ix.rc.d /usr/local/etc/rc.d), or is not executable

I can't install the server on the plugin page either 3.5.3.0 version it ends in an error..

makarai

You need to understand on what type of operation system you are. And what type of Instructions you are using. From you console command you are clearly on FreeNAS and not a FreeBSD. For the installation that you seek please do the following:

Delete all emby related plugins / jails. Makesure you are on the newest freenas version system > update.

Then Open a shell:

Simple Installation

• Requires FreeNAS 11.2 Stable
  • This Installation method will create a Jail that is fully configurable via the FreeNAS GUI

LATEST STABLE (4010)

cd /tmp
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ma-karai/iocage-plugin-emby/master/emby-server.json
iocage fetch -P dhcp=on vnet=on bpf=yes allow_raw_sockets=1 -n emby-server.json --branch 'master'
Edited by makarai

adrianwi

FreeNAS is built on FreeBSD, yes, but you can't just apply things in the same way.

For a start, you really shouldn't be trying to install anything directly into the FreeNAS appliance.  It's a great way to break it, and you'll struggle to get whatever it is working anyway.

You need to be using jails or the plug-ins for installing other software which is what @makarai instructions will do (in this case creating a jail)

hjason7812

You need to understand on what type of operation system you are. And what type of Instructions you are using. From you console command you are clearly on FreeNAS and not a FreeBSD. For the installation that you seek please do the following:

Delete all emby related plugins / jails. Makesure you are on the newest freenas version system > update.

Then Open a shell:

Simple Installation

• Requires FreeNAS 11.2 Stable
  • This Installation method will create a Jail that is fully configurable via the FreeNAS GUI

LATEST STABLE (4010)

cd /tmp
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bott0r/iocage-plugin-emby/master/emby-server.json
iocage fetch -P dhcp=on vnet=on bpf=yes allow_raw_sockets=1 -n emby-server.json --branch 'master'

I tried this and got an error after it installed everything and then it said it destroyed emby server..

They really should've just updated the plugin that way we could just install from there.. Much easier and worked every time before.

makarai

I tried this and got an error after it installed everything and then it said it destroyed emby server..

They really should've just updated the plugin that way we could just install from there.. Much easier and worked every time before.

Are you on FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE-U1 What error? the plugin will make it to freshports at somepoint

Edited by makarai

hjason7812

FreeNAS is built on FreeBSD, yes, but you can't just apply things in the same way.

For a start, you really shouldn't be trying to install anything directly into the FreeNAS appliance.  It's a great way to break it, and you'll struggle to get whatever it is working anyway.

You need to be using jails or the plug-ins for installing other software which is what @makarai instructions will do (in this case creating a jail)

The emby server in the available plugins is the old version and will not install.. Trust me i tried just ends in error.. i've been fighting with this since they changed to the iocage crap.. been using emby on a separate pc every since, but would like to get it back on freenas again because it runs much faster that way.. 

hjason7812

Are you on FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE-U1 What error? the plugin will make it to freshports at somepoint

Yes i am on the new release, i am currently running it again to see if it goes through this time. if i get the error again i'll post it..

Edit: It happened again, here is where it stopped

Fetching artifact...

Exception: URLError:<urlopen error [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, ornot known> occured, destroyed emby-server.

Edited by hjason7812

adrianwi

You’re right again, in that the transition to iocage has been a little painful but it’s much better than warden. The plugins on FreeNAS have always been a compromise in my opinion as you’re in someone else’s hands for updates.

Us the instructions above to create a iocage jail and you should have no problems keeping it up to date with a couple of shell commands, even running beta versions if that takes your fancy.

hjason7812

You’re right again, in that the transition to iocage has been a little painful but it’s much better than warden. The plugins on FreeNAS have always been a compromise in my opinion as you’re in someone else’s hands for updates.

Us the instructions above to create a iocage jail and you should have no problems keeping it up to date with a couple of shell commands, even running beta versions if that takes your fancy.

As you can see by the post above you the shell command didn't go as well as i would've hoped for

adrianwi

Where did you type the command? The FreeNAS shell?

Can you get an external connection? What does ping google.com return?

Have you used iocage before for anything?

makarai

Ok, this is an error is a network issue, can you do me a favor and install from the plugins (irrsi) and let me know if its succeed to install. 

Also can you give me printout if 

ifconfig 
Edited by makarai

hjason7812

Where did you type the command? The FreeNAS shell?

Can you get an external connection? What does ping google.com return?

Have you used iocage before for anything?

Yes in the shell, yes external connection is just fine and no been trying to install emby since the conversion to iocage..

hjason7812

Ok, this is an error when the network interface can not be properly installed/initialized, can you do me a favor and install from the plugins (irrsi) and let me know if its succeed to install. 

It doesn't because it is the old version 3.5.3.0 it ends in the same error

makarai

It doesn't because it is the old version 3.5.3.0 it ends in the same error

uninstall all existing plugins and Install the plugin named IRRSI not emby. Its because your jail network is not properly initialized

Edited by makarai

hjason7812

uninstall all existing plugins and Install the plugin named IRRSI not emby. Its because your jail network is not properly initialized

i get an error

post-175947-0-16628200-1548586294_thumb.png

Edited by hjason7812

makarai

i get an error

So you network, is not properly setup, its a freeNAS issue and not a emby issue. 

Can you give me the print out for the command ifconfig and post it here. 

hjason7812

So you network, is not properly setup, its a freeNAS issue and not a emby issue. 

Can you give me the print out for the command ifconfig and post it here. 

re0: flags=8943<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500

options=8209b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM,WOL_MAGIC,LINKSTATE>

ether 04:a6:f2:3a:c5

hwaddr :04:a6:f2:3a:c5

inet 192.168.1.33 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.1.255

nd6 options=9<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED>

media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseT <full-duplex>)

lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384

options=600003<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,RXCSUM_IPV6,TXCSUM_IPV6>

inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128

inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x2

inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000

nd6 options=21<PERFORMNUD,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>

groups: lo

bridge0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500

ether 02:97:e0:be:22:00

nd6 options=1<PERFORMNUD>

groups: bridge

id 00:00:00:00:00:00 priority 32768 hellotime 2 fwddelay 15

maxage 20 holdcnt 6 proto rstp maxaddr 2000 timeout 1200

root id 00:00:00:00:00:00 priority 32768 ifcost 0 port 0

member: re0 flags=143<LEARNING,DISCOVER,AUTOEDGE,AUTOPTP>

ifmaxaddr 0 port 1 priority 128 path cost 20000

Edited by hjason7812

makarai

ok do you have any tunables  from an earlier version of freenas 

such as 

System > Tunables
Variable: cloned_interfaces, Value: bridge0, Type: rc.conf
Variable: ifconfig_bridge0, Value: addm vnet0 up, Type: rc.conf

Edited by makarai

hjason7812

ok do you have any tunables  from an earlier version of freenas 

such as 

System > Tunables

Variable: cloned_interfaces, Value: bridge0, Type: rc.conf

Variable: ifconfig_bridge0, Value: addm vnet0 up, Type: rc.conf

No i don't have any of that, just have old boot versions in case the new ones don't work

makarai

I suppose you nas is in static ip address mode, can you set it to DHCP. You probably have to reboot the nas as well. I am sorry. If the network settings are not properly setup you will run into problems as soon as you want to use a network service.

Edited by makarai

makarai

Yes i have it in static ip  mode. would that cause this issue?

only, if you have not setup a propper gateway and dns manually.

The problem is:

Your jail tries to create a virtual interface and tries to connect to the physical adapter, and this doesn't work and fails so jails and vm,s will be destroyed, it was a bug in freenas beta 2 or so. Now when you are on the newest version of freenas this should not happen anymore. 

Edited by makarai

hjason7812

ok, so i just put it in DHCP and it is restarting now.

Edit: Server came back up tried to install random plugin and got the same error

Edited by hjason7812