FreeBSD Package

Luke

quicktrick

@@Luke

Luke, with the permanent mount share library scan works properly (see the picture).  Thanks a lot!

But the "Task Triggers" page is empty, it somewhat "hangs", it only shows the progress ring in Chrome.  I remember it worked fine with v.3.5.3.0 and v.3.6.0.68.

Edit:

And the real time monitoring does not work on that library either.  Unfortunately.

post-382395-0-93771700-1545135080_thumb.png

Edited by quicktrick

makarai

hey, i thought, correct me if i am wrong, that some of the features of emby need write permissions. So, should your mount not be writeable ... i.e.

//guest@voyo/Video /mnt/voyo/Video smbfs rw,-N,-I 192.168.1.10,-E utf8:utf8 0 0
Edited by makarai

makarai

Write permissions?  Really?  Hmm... not too secure, but... alright then, I'll try it.  Thank you, makarai!

I am not sure if you can avoid writing files into the movie folders, or maybe i am completely missinformed, i write some things into the folders, metadata etc pp. 

makarai

I mounted the share as rw.  "Task Triggers" page and Real time monitoring don't work anyway.  That's a pity.

I think i always mention this, why do you need real time monitoring ? If you use sonarr or radarr to get your homevideos you can just set it up that sonarr or radarr send an update call to emby after something has successfully been moved to the proper folder.

• Like 1

quicktrick

@@Luke

I found that "Task Triggers" page does not load in Chrome (though I have "HTTP Response 200" in the log), but it works fine in Firefox (I use the obsolete v.56.0 for some reasons) and in Opera. And the WebUI does not work at all in IE and Pale Moon.  Previously the "Task Triggers" page worked in Chrome too, but perhaps in some earlier version of Chrome.

Task triggers seem to work fine here in Chrome, at least in my testing. What version of Chrome are you on?

quicktrick
Google Chrome is up to date

Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Edit:

I'm sorry, Luke, after cleaning cache, cookies etc. everything is working fine in my Chrome too!  Sorry for bothering you.

Edited by quicktrick

unhooked

I nuked my old db and upgraded to the latest beta and found this to be the case as well, but it was only happening while scans were running. After they finished I was able to load triggers and edit them just fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Luke, when 3.6 is released I will try and work hard to push the new package in our ports tree (also resolving shared library errorrs). Currently the idea is that we have the custom ffmpeg from Emby getting compiled and then installed with the binary package of Emby. Although this begs me to question what exactly is it that we would "lose" if we use the ffmpeg already available in our package repository? What exactly are the changes you made to ffmpeg tailored for Emby. Are those changes that could be potentially upstreamed to ffmpeg? Another idea could be that you distribute all libraries and binaries in the Emby package itself; this would also fix the shared library errors (this is how Plex does it).

Edited by driesmp

Some of our changes were actually submitted by others and we're using those patches, but they have not yet been merged into ffmpeg master.

Others are related to our throttle feature. Yes it's possible to embed the whole thing in the future if you think that's the best approach. It probably will be difficult to turn that around quickly though.

Thanks for the feedback. We are also working on getting it ready to submit to FreeBSD ports.

hjason7812

Starting a new topic. The download page will point to here for more info.

Installation Instructions

See https://emby.media/download

545ebda5cbaad_logofullthumb.png

FreeBSD is an advanced computer operating system used to power modern servers, desktops and embedded platforms. A large community has continually developed it for more than thirty years. Its advanced networking, security and storage features have made FreeBSD the platform of choice for many of the busiest web sites and most pervasive embedded networking and storage devices.

This new installation through shell doesn't work, it never finds the repository's that you sudo in..

makarai

This new installation through shell doesn't work, it never finds the repository's that you sudo in..

you mean:

Install dependencies:
sudo pkg install mono libass fontconfig freetype2 fribidi gnutls iconv opus samba48 sqlite3 libtheora libva libvorbis webp libx264 libzvbi libraw

Install Emby Server:
pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.0.1.0/emby-server-freebsd_4.0.1.0_amd64.txz
sysrc emby_server_enable="YES"
service emby-server start

when i browse to 
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.0.1.0/emby-server-freebsd_4.0.1.0_amd64.txz 
 it works fine tho
Edited by makarai
  • Like 1

gbarone123

dolphin,

Keeping the server up-to-date is very simple. From the jail shell, run the following commands:

pkg install libraw (this step required to upgrade from 3.5.3.0, not required after that)

pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.0.1.0/emby-server-freebsd_4.0.1.0_amd64.txz

service emby-server restart

That’s it.

Edited by gbarone123

Is the idea to ultimately transition to moving the recommended install method directly into ports?

I don't like the idea of having to use a externally managed package, and when the ports infrastructure is available, I'm wondering why it isn't being used. From what I can tell you are creating your own package and community maintainers are moving it into ports when they can. Would it be possible for the developers to take a more direct role in getting packages into ports so that they don't lag behind releases?

Edited by Lilan

We also maintain the ports version. We should have 4.0 submitted there within a week or so. Thanks.

hjason7812

@@makarai this is a new install of emby. I just updated freenas to 11.2.u1 and wanted to see if everything from before was fixed now. But the sudo install doesn't work and the package install gets to 100% but doesn't install because it can't find the sudo install.. not only that but emby from the plugin page doesn't even install.. lol this is just horrible