FreeBSD Package

Luke

crunchyemby

@@crunchyemby, yes are you correct. It is currently missing. It will be corrected in the next beta. Thanks !

@@Luke - Identifying the missing default NFO plugin made me start thinking of other issues I've noticed, related to metadata, since the FreeBSD .NET migration effort. I have been assuming the inconsistencies were product implementation lag and would eventually be ported over. But now I'm thinking I could be missing something else...

Missing functionality:

1)

...metadata/People/A/ABC Xyz/poster.jpg

...metadata/People/A/ABC Xyz/fanart-XX.jpg

The poster and fan art are not getting "picked up" by emby. Poster is a recent regression but Fanart has been for a while.

2)

...metadata/People/A/Abc Xyz/person.xml

<Website />

Previous versions of emby supported displaying a URL on the person detail page, by adding a <Website /> element to the xml.

3)

NFO <Website /> element was previously supported, adding a custom url to the item details page.

---

I've splunked around with combinations of plugins, enabling/re-prioritizing metadata downloaders, etc, to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

crunchyemby

The website element was deprecated in 3.5. You are assigning backdrop images to people?

@@Luke - Any hope in resurrecting the website element? Essentially, I leveraged the fanart as an in-context photo gallery... much of this was built-out, as a response to losing "People" a couple of years back. Same is true for the website element. Post-import, I reconcile the emby_id and insert the <website /> element. Linking to an external service, aggregating/summarizing/elaborating related information for an emby title, inside and outside of emby (e.g., tags, description, cast, reviews, supporting galleries (within emby), online databases, web search content, etc...). Anyway, I noticed when the <website /> element went away but, not one to complain, I built workarounds.

As always, thank you for the progress you've made on FreeBSD!

Cheers!

• Like 1

quicktrick

Hi, Luke!

v. 3.6.0.71 (the same was on v. 3.6.0.68).  There are lots of exceptions in my log like:

System.ArgumentNullException: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

The logs are attached.

And one more question. Does "Realtime Monitoring" work on FreeBSD for external libraries over Samba?

embyserver.txt

hardware_detection-63678913935.txt

@@Luke - Any hope in resurrecting the website element? Essentially, I leveraged the fanart as an in-context photo gallery... much of this was built-out, as a response to losing "People" a couple of years back. Same is true for the website element. Post-import, I reconcile the emby_id and insert the element. Linking to an external service, aggregating/summarizing/elaborating related information for an emby title, inside and outside of emby (e.g., tags, description, cast, reviews, supporting galleries (within emby), online databases, web search content, etc...). Anyway, I noticed when the element went away but, not one to complain, I built workarounds.

Cheers!

If there's enough demand then it's possible for the future. Thanks.

crunchyemby

@@Luke - Any hope in resurrecting the website element? Essentially, I leveraged the fanart as an in-context photo gallery... much of this was built-out, as a response to losing "People" a couple of years back. Same is true for the website element. Post-import, I reconcile the emby_id and insert the <website /> element. Linking to an external service, aggregating/summarizing/elaborating related information for an emby title, inside and outside of emby (e.g., tags, description, cast, reviews, supporting galleries (within emby), online databases, web search content, etc...). Anyway, I noticed when the <website /> element went away but, not one to complain, I built workarounds.

Cheers!

@@Luke - Identifying the missing default NFO plugin made me start thinking of other issues I've noticed, related to metadata, since the FreeBSD .NET migration effort. I have been assuming the inconsistencies were product implementation lag and would eventually be ported over. But now I'm thinking I could be missing something else...

Missing functionality:

1)

...metadata/People/A/ABC Xyz/poster.jpg

...metadata/People/A/ABC Xyz/fanart-XX.jpg

The poster and fan art are not getting "picked up" by emby. Poster is a recent regression but Fanart has been for a while.

2)

...metadata/People/A/Abc Xyz/person.xml

<Website />

Previous versions of emby supported displaying a URL on the person detail page, by adding a <Website /> element to the xml.

3)

NFO <Website /> element was previously supported, adding a custom url to the item details page.

---

I've splunked around with combinations of plugins, enabling/re-prioritizing metadata downloaders, etc, to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

@@Luke - Just so I'm clear, is it intended behavior for metadata/People/N/Name/poster.jpg to no longer be available? (Confirmed on 3.6.0.74.) 

Are you doing away with storing redundant information/metadata on disk, in lieu of an internal cache or db? If so, is there an api end-point to push an image? The issue is, the "Path = emby/metadata/People/N/Name" attribute is no longer being set... so if the actor is not found via the movie db plugin (or other), there is no longer a method to 'assign' a poster image.

Edited by crunchyemby
  • Like 1

Yes there is an API and you can always use the web interface to customize images. The name-based folder paths were unable to handle situations where multiple actors existed using the same name.

crunchyemby

Yes there is an API and you can always use the web interface to customize images. The name-based folder paths were unable to handle situations where multiple actors existed using the same name.

@@Luke - I've combed through the api docs and cannot find a method to 'post' a Person image, only 'get'. Am I missing it? Or is it not a public endpoint? Don't mean to be annoying, just trying to resolve it on my end.

Cheers!

References:

http://swagger.emby.media/?staticview=true#/PersonsService

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.ApiClient.Javascript/blob/master/apiclient.js

Edited by crunchyemby

crunchyemby

It's just the generic Post /items/id/Images that can be used for media as well as People.

@@Luke - That's excellent!!! Now that you point it out, it should have been obvious to at least try it.

(sheepishly goes back to his corner) 

Thanks!

• Like 1

quicktrick

Fresh installation of FreeBSD 11.2 and Emby 3.6.0.76 for testing.

@@Luke, please, have a look at the errors in the attached log. 

Besides, Emby does not scan VIDEO_TS and BDMV directories correctly (Kodi does). Look at the screenshot and at the tree of my testing library (in library.txt).  I don't have any "Benny's Video" or "Jet Stream" in my library.

Edit:

And some more. 

1. This version of Emby does not show "Task Triggers" in the WebUI, it "hangs" on that page. The version 3.6.0.68 showed them correctly.

2. In about 5 min. of working of Emby I see the following in the FreeBSD CLI:

# service emby-server status
emby_server is not running.

though Emby's WebUI is working and it's clickable.

embyserver.txt

library.txt

post-382395-0-08405600-1545057799_thumb.png

Edited by quicktrick

We do actually support that structure. It might be an issue with our SMB support. What you could try is mounting the folder to a local share in BSD, and then add the local share to Emby, instead of adding the smb path to Emby.

quicktrick

We do actually support that structure. It might be an issue with our SMB support. What you could try is mounting the folder to a local share in BSD, and then add the local share to Emby, instead of adding the smb path to Emby.

BTW, Luke, is there a way to mount the folder with samba48 driver, not the built-in BSD's samba driver?  Because if I mount the share the usual way by mount_smbfs, I don't see utf-8.

And what about the other errors present in my log?  Are they caused by the same SMB issue?

Edited by quicktrick

@@makarai might be better at answering that mount question.

There's a 404 from fanart in your log, just means that we were trying to look up images for an id they don't have. The other error is nothing to worry about. Thanks.

makarai

You mean how to get samba48 up and running ?

i can get you started with:

pkg install -fR samba48

create a file /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf

[global]
workgroup = WORKGROUP
server string = Samba Server Version %v
netbios name = ExampleMachine
wins support = Yes
security = user
passdb backend = tdbsam

# Example: share /usr/src accessible only to 'developer' user
[src]
path = /usr/src
valid users = developer
writable  = yes
browsable = yes
read only = no
guest ok = no
public = no
create mask = 0666
directory mask = 0755

starting the server 

service samba_server onestart

for me the server came right up

Edited by makarai

quicktrick

I'm sorry, @@makarai, there is another case here.  My FreeBSD Emby server is a client to my external Samba server.  So, I need to make a permanent mount share to my Samba server on FreeBSD, because without such a share there are issues while scanning the library.  The built-in FreeBSD's mount_smbfs command supports only SMBv1 protocol and it does not understand utf-8.

Thank you for your reply, anyway!

Edited by quicktrick

makarai

I suppose you are on a recent FreeBSD, right, and you tried to mount with:

mount_smbfs -L en_US.UTF-8 //user@server/Media /mnt/media

Do you get an error ? I thought utf8 encoding in t mount_smbf was fixed at some point with -L en_US.UTF-8 or  -local_character_set:server_character_set  (e.g. -E utf8:utf8, -E koi8-r:cp866)

Edited by makarai
  • Like 1

quicktrick

Of course I tried all the related options.  There are no errors.  But it does not show utf-8 anyway.  There are lots of links in the Internet that report the same behavior.

Edit 1:

I'm sorry, I'm wrong.  I just tried again

mount_smbfs -E utf8:utf8 -I 192.168.1.10 -N //guest@voyo/Video /mnt/voyo/Video

and it worked!  I swear, I tried that option previously and I coudn't get the desired result.  I'll continue my testing.  Thanks a lot, @@makarai!

Edit 2:

And here is the fstab entry to mount that share at boot:

//guest@voyo/Video /mnt/voyo/Video smbfs ro,-N,-I192.168.1.10,-Eutf8:utf8 0 0
Edited by quicktrick