FreeBSD Package

Luke

Drego344

i almost crap my pants just now.....i did what the post suggested and it stop working......i could get to the home page....i reinstall 3.6.0.55 and everything is good now......thank a lot....i really appreciate you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
crunchyemby
@@Luke -- First of all, the recent updates to FreeBSD have been absolutely wonderful!!! I couldn't be happier with the progress. Thank you!

Problem: NFO files no longer read on scan... I maintain my library through a variety of scripts, that call into the emby api and publish/modify NFO data. New content always has an NFO available. Post scan, I maintain the integrity of the emby specific NFO updates. I've confirmed permissions and always assume it's something that I've fat-fingered. 

That said, the last known version to properly parse the NFOs is 3.6.0.63 (confirmed issues on 3.6.0.64 through 3.6.0.67). On version 65, I installed a missing dependency (libraw). Version 65, I noticed the NFO config was timing out located here: http://SERVER_IP:8096/web/index.html#!/metadatanfo.html,reverted to 64 and confirmed the problem. Now, on version 67, the configuration page is completely omitted.

I can only assume you're actively working on metadata related changes. Just thought I'd raise a flag...and ask if NFO support is going away?

Environment:

FreeNAS-11.2-RC1, running FreeBSD in an iocage jail

Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback. Nothing is happening to nfo, it's all still there. We will have to look closer in more detail. Thanks.

You need to install libraw. It is a new dependency we have added. Our install instructions have already been updated to reflect this.

Clear browser's cache, etc.?  

yes exactly. I saw this problem the other day on the beta but it was related to uninstalling/reinstalling. It is only an issue on the beta channel and I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. But clearing browsing data should resolve it.

quicktrick

Can you try clearing browsing data? thanks.

Luke, you was absolutely right!  After cleaning browser's cache, etc. it started to work properly.  Besides, now it plays movies in the browser too!  And it shows utf-8 via Samba correctly!  It's great!  Thanks a lot and sorry for bothering.

BTW, why some pictures' proportions are distorted, like on the screenshot?  v. 3.5.3.0 showed them correctly, but v. 3.6.0.68 does not.

post-382395-0-06275800-1543129923_thumb.png

crunchyemby

@@Luke -- First of all, the recent updates to FreeBSD have been absolutely wonderful!!! I couldn't be happier with the progress. Thank you!

Problem: NFO files no longer read on scan... I maintain my library through a variety of scripts, that call into the emby api and publish/modify NFO data. New content always has an NFO available. Post scan, I maintain the integrity of the emby specific NFO updates. I've confirmed permissions and always assume it's something that I've fat-fingered. 

That said, the last known version to properly parse the NFOs is 3.6.0.63 (confirmed issues on 3.6.0.64 through 3.6.0.67). On version 65, I installed a missing dependency (libraw). Version 65, I noticed the NFO config was timing out located here: http://SERVER_IP:8096/web/index.html#!/metadatanfo.html,reverted to 64 and confirmed the problem. Now, on version 67, the configuration page is completely omitted.

I can only assume you're actively working on metadata related changes. Just thought I'd raise a flag...and ask if NFO support is going away?

Environment:
FreeNAS-11.2-RC1, running FreeBSD in an iocage jail

Cheers!

@@Luke - Reading through the release notes, here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases - I noticed "Move nfo saver to pre-installed plugin" ... I confirmed that the plugin does NOT exist (default or catalog) in version 3.6.0.63. I installed the latest available FreeBSD package, currently 3.6.0.68. Although the NFO plugin is available in the "Catalog" - it was not installed by default. Installed the plugin, restarted emby, and voilà! NFO parsing once again works as expected

Note 1: AudioDb, fanart.tv, MusicBrainz, and MovieDb are all installed by default, in the "My Plugins" section, on version 3.6.0.63. Of the five mentioned in the release notes, NFO Metadata plugin is the only one missing.

Note 2: I run two isolated installations of emby, development and production, once unit/regression testing is validated and dev is "stable", I push to prod. The above default/catalog plugin availability scenario was confirmed on both environments (prod: 3.6.0.63, dev: 3.6.0.68).

Cheers!

Hi.

I'd like to try the beta .69 or .71, but there is no FreeBSD package. Is there a reason? The latest changes are not applicable, maybe?

Thanks!

Enviado desde mi CLT-L29 mediante Tapatalk