FreeBSD Package

Luke

i tried using the emby web same thing when i tried playing anything....it stays on when i not playing anything

Server log?

Drego344

i delete everything and install the one in freenas database 3.3.10, sorry logs deleted....works.....but i cant install kodi companion....so no update.......this is driving me nuts

Smartypants

i delete everything and install the one in freenas database 3.3.10, sorry logs deleted....works.....but i cant install kodi companion....so no update.......this is driving me nuts

What are you doing actually? Installing Emby from the plugins in FreeNAS or creating a jail and installing Emby in it? I'm just not sure to understand what you are doing.

Smartypants

I'm just trying on 11.2 as well and I'm running quickly into some libraries version issues. Particularly libx264 which has been updated to v155. I'm now getting this error: 

Shared object "libx264.so.152" not found, required by "libavcodec.so.58" 

If I just rename libx264.so.155 to libx264.so.152 I'm getting this error:

/usr/local/opt/emby-server/lib/libavcodec.so.58: Undefined symbol "x264_bit_depth"

I got it working downgrading the version to 152 but it was a real pain. The way I'm seeing this is by installing the packages required separately from the Emby package, we are going to run into issues like this everytime a package get updated. I see that usr/local/opt/emby-server/lib contains some of the libraries required. Maybe they should all be there, including libx264.so.152

Just a thing to think about. 

The way I'm seeing this is by installing the packages required separately from the Emby package, we are going to run into issues like this everytime a package get updated

Yes you are correct and that is something we may have to start doing, shipping our own versions of these.

Drego344

i got it working also...thank goodness.....but the library update is slow....even with real time monitoring on....i have a couple stuff downloaded about two hours now and they are still not in my library......i also have kodi companion......any suggestions?

Drego344

so every thing is working beautifully except for emby not displaying movie run time......i tried meta refresh, but no go....because of this i don't have a resume point in kodi.....any suggestions?

Try updating to 3.6.0.55. Then repeat the tests you mentioned in your previous post. Thanks.