FreeBSD Package

Luke

well for starters, can you manually update to the latest emby server beta? (unless you don't want to use beta releases).

makarai

In the meantime i updated to 5.10, so far no problems. However the securechannel bug still seems to be present. I can upload a logfile if it is still necessary

Log.txt

I think the answer to that is there will be some configuration required to the mono environment. Just don't know what yet.

makarai

I think the answer to that is there will be some configuration required to the mono environment. Just don't know what yet.

Super fast reply thanks! i just finished updating my beta server to the latest release (.14 to .17) to check if there was a change. Since you are apparently awak, do you have an idea what the reason is that i get all these mono issues with the fstab mounted folders?

Log17.txt

Edited by makarai

makarai

What issues?

its not really an issue it just bugs me, i get this error message 

2018-06-21 08:59:34.950 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/rss/1-media-browser-developers-blog
2018-06-21 08:59:35.005 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /multimedia01/movies
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.4.1.16
	Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -os freebsd -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server
	Operating system: Unix 11.1.0.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: False
	Mono: 5.10.1.47 (5.10.1.47 Tue Jun 19 22:44:14 UTC 2018)
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /var/db/emby-server
	Application directory: /usr/local/lib/emby-server
	System.IO.IOException: persistent kevent() error, error code = '0'
	  at System.IO.KqueueMonitor.Monitor () [0x00121] in <e3522e62e36242f6a6fa346cea2d7450>:0 
	  at System.IO.KqueueMonitor.DoMonitor () [0x0003f] in <e3522e62e36242f6a6fa346cea2d7450>:0 
	System.IO.IOException
	  at System.IO.KqueueMonitor.Monitor () [0x00121] in <e3522e62e36242f6a6fa346cea2d7450>:0 
	  at System.IO.KqueueMonitor.DoMonitor () [0x0003f] in <e3522e62e36242f6a6fa346cea2d7450>:0 

makarai

Turn off the real-time monitor for your libraries.

ahh ok, so this is due to real-time monitor. Is there a reason realtime monitoring of  fstab mounted devices wont work on freebsd ?

EDIT: Sorry i just googled and a bunch of threads came up, ill do some reading first.

Edited by makarai

adrianwi

@@Josh got the real-time monitoring to work in the FreeNAS plugin, but I think the patch that needed to be applied to Mono hasn't been updated since about 4.8, which I assume is one of the reasons the plugin is starting to fall behind.  I prefer the performance improvements and having to run a manual scan every now and then but running the latest stable version.

For what it's worth, when we build our package we will be using whatever is available in freebsd ports. Patching changes into the mono runtime is not something we're going to be looking at.

Ah yes that's good. That's a pretty big problem. Hopefully that doesn't take too long to get resolved.

• 2 weeks later...
makarai

Ah yes that's good. That's a pretty big problem. Hopefully that doesn't take too long to get resolved.

https://www.freshports.org/lang/mono

i updateed to _3 with 

pkg install portmaster
portsnap fetch extract #(replace extract with update if you've already run extract)
portmaster -ai

and everything runs smoothly

post-165508-0-90005500-1530487935_thumb.png

Edited by makarai
  • Like 2

MRobi

Mono 5.10.1.47_3 is now updating with the usual pkg update pkg upgrade commands so should be straight forward for all to update

Update: We are beginning development on packages for both FreeBSD and FreeNAS. Hopefully by the end of the month we'll have builds ready for testing. If all goes well perhaps sooner.

Also if you follow this: https://github.com/dotnet/corefx/issues/1626

.NET Core for BSD appears to be getting closer, so it's possible that our time with mono will be short lived (we're hoping at least).

Thanks everyone.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm moving the install instructions for the new package to our website as we're happy with the results. Thanks everyone for testing.

• 1 month later...
embytestit

Hi,

I am running FreeBSD 10.4 Release amd64 and tried to install Ember server today with the command mentioned here:

RESULT:

Fetching emby-server-freebsd_3.5.2.0_amd64.txz: 100%   16 MiB   3.3MB/s    00:05
Installing emby-server-3.5.2.0_1...
pkg: wrong architecture: FreeBSD:11:amd64 instead of FreeBSD:10:amd64

Newer FreeBSD version for package emby-server:
To ignore this error set IGNORE_OSVERSION=yes
- package: 1102000
- running kernel: 1004000

Allow missmatch now?[Y/n]

Do you provide version 3.5.2.0 only for FreeBSD 11?

With a normal "pkg add emby-server" under FreeBSD 10.4-Release only Ember server version 3.3.1.0_1 is installed.

What can I do?
Ist the only solution for me to build 3.5.2.0 with the ports?

Best regards

embytestit