Linux = Beta or pre-Alpha?

Mdaloha77

Mdaloha77

Hello, yesterday I found info about MB somewhere on net and decided to install it. On download page autors wrote "Media Browser Server for Ubuntu is currently in final stages of beta testing" so I went with clear installation of latest ubuntu server thing and MB into it. Installation finish without error so I get further to configure it. I gave MB one folder to its library(TV shows) and thats unfortunatelly end of story. MB index fews percent and hang. After restart, MB index few more percent (5-6) and after while it stops and nothing happening.

I search through this forum and found that this is offten problem even on windows boxes. So I must ask, why is this was not been resolved in first place? This is like offering GPS navigation app without map materials.

I know that this is open source effort and so... whatewer. But after hardcore PR from main page about how is this awesome and great, user will end up with something that wasnt able to handle even basic functions like adding media to its own db. Men...this is soooo frustrating!

this issue is resolved in the latest release but we're still in process of updating all the packages