Server settings back-up?

Lee

is there a way to backup your server settings? For example paths to content,users,plugins etc??

i updated to windows 8.1 and something went wrong when i tried to theme mediacenter. It's killed the user the server was on, now i have to start from scratch. Configuration would be much easier if you could create a backup file..

i guess this is a feature request if there is no way of doing it currently!

can the mods move if necessary please???

can't remember the exact address but users>appdata>roaming -ish???

too late for me now anyway. I need to format, everytime i try reinstall mb3 it puts it in the old user account which is now obsolete?? Tried deleting it changing the regedit for where the service runs etc..

fail...

serves me right for faffing about late at night with a new install of 8.1

#i'llneverlearn

Fyi, we have not thoroughly tested backup and restore so if anything goes wrong i would suggest clean install. the databases may have paths from the old installation that won't be valid anymore.

• Like 1

cheers

I'm not on my pc, nor do i currently have a working server but I'll keep that in mind for my reinstall!!

i still think a dashboard based settings backup would be nice especially for the lesser experienced user

@luke yep i tried a rescue and it didn't work... As stated above it tried to install in the old user account for reasons unknown...

Would backing up the MBS appdata folder to the network also apply if I want to change my server OS from Win 7 Pro to WHS2011? Then I assume I would reinstall MBS under the same user and copy the appdata folder back in place? Can it really be that easy? :D