Tivo

dsal

• 3 weeks later...
ShoutingMan

Just out of curiosity, why?

TiVo is my primary content device. Having an Emby App on it would be easier to get to and so get more use than having it on the AppleTV.

I use the TiVo daily. Its Netflix app is better than the one on the AppleTV. For background music, I use cable tv music stations, via the Tivo, or the Pandora app in the TiVo. For quick YouTube, I'll screencast from the iPad to the TiVo.

I'm an Apple household, but the AppleTV just doesn't do much for me, and I use it infrequently.

TiVo is my primary content device. Having an Emby App on it would be easier to get to and so get more use than having it on the AppleTV.

I use the TiVo daily. Its Netflix app is better than the one on the AppleTV. For background music, I use cable tv music stations, via the Tivo, or the Pandora app in the TiVo. For quick YouTube, I'll screencast from the iPad to the TiVo.

I'm an Apple household, but the AppleTV just doesn't do much for me, and I use it infrequently.

Agreed.  My Tivo is my main device shown on my TV 90% of the time.

Now that Tivo has released the Hydra interface, what are the chances of releasing a native app like Plex and the 24 other apps listed?

https://zatznotfunny.com/2017-10/how-to-upgrade-to-tivo-hydra/

The last submission was rejected due to a problem with the onscreen keyboard not showing for some old device i haven't heard of. So we have to figure that out and then re-submit. Thanks.

The last submission was rejected due to a problem with the onscreen keyboard not showing for some old device i haven't heard of. So we have to figure that out and then re-submit. Thanks.

Good to hear.  So just to be clear, this will be a native Tivo App and not an Opera App, correct?  Please say yes!!

It is an Opera app but I don't see why you're worried about that because once you launch the app you're not even going to know the difference.

It is an Opera app but I don't see why you're worried about that because once you launch the app you're not even going to know the difference.

Well it's more of a user experience issue.  To open the Vewd store, it takes several steps taking a half a minute or more. You then have to go their Apps section (or Favorites), then launch the app.

With the new Hydra interface, you can now create Home Shortcuts to any of your App. I have one for Plex & Netflx which I can launch with the click of a single number button.

I guess my real question is what the level of effort required is to submit a native app as opposed to an Opera app?

• 1 month later...

Hey Luke,

Any new info on a working Emby app for Tivo?

Really would like it.

Rew

Edited by Rew452

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
mcleanp

I finally tried this in Vewd TV app using the loader, is there a native app inside vewd? It seems a little too much to go from the Tivo --> apps --> vewd --> favorites--> url loader -->selecting the previously used emby URL --> then go

id like to be able to use emby in the vewd favorites directly.

That's only temporary until we are released into the Vewd Store. Then the url loader won't be needed anymore.

Evans46f

So did you guy's give up on a native tivo app? Gonna have to go back to using Plex....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
MainMonkey

BUMP!

I really would like to get an Emby app on the Tivo like plex has (i cant stand plex but LOVE LOVE LOVE Emby)

MainMonkey

I have tried that and its doesn't seem to work for me it starts to but then freezes before i can get anything to start playing.