Tivo

dsal

Hi @@dcharry yes you can try it now. You can use the OperaTV app store. Locate the app using search called UrlLoader, then load the url, operatv.emby.media

More details here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/18323-opera-tv-apps-for-sony-and-other-tvs

Will this ever be native to Tivo like Plex is?  Would we have to launch the Opera TV store every time we want to launch Emby?

BTW, is anyone seeing double characters when using URL Loader?  I can't seem to enter the url properly on my Tivo Roamio. 

Once it launches it will use the Opera TV Store and you can pin it as a favorite app.

Cool, what are we looking at in terms of ETA?

The best way to get what you want faster is to see post #25 and try it out and report issues. thanks !

• 1 month later...
hayrund

The best way to get what you want faster is to see post #25 and try it out and report issues. thanks !

As it was just asked, I'll ask again, any ETA for Opera store or perhaps "native" Tivo app like Plex?  This is the one feature that I'm holding out for.

I've tried the UrlLoader and using both the PIN and add manual server option does not work for me.  I should point out that I'm typing in the local IP for the manual server, but regardless it's not connecting.  The actual "connect" button does nothing when I click it.

Also, this isn't a viable solution for Tivo users either as you can't "pin" or "add" the URL to any menu.  So in order to connect each time on Tivo, you would have to enter the IP manually again.

I realize url loader is not a viable solution, it is only for testing right now until the app is in the store.

It is impossible for us to provide an ETA unfortunately.  We submit it to the store and they start testing on like 1,000 different devices and then come back a few weeks later and say these 15 things didn't work on 235 of the devices.

We fix those, submit again and wait.

This has been going on for months.

• 1 month later...
hayrund

Any update on this?  I'm using the Fire TV application and it seems to be working great.  In locations where I have Tivo Minis and no Rokus or FireTVs, they must rely on Plex and that seems to be hit or miss if it will work at all.

• 3 weeks later...
ChrisDVD

Hello there,

I'm using TiVo Bolt and have found a few bugs:

1 - Audio isn't transcoding correctly for DTS nor TrueHD. I get video playback but not audio. MKVs that are already transcoded and have an AAC or AC3 stream seem to be working fine.

2 - Audio playback of FLAC files is failing. From what it sounds like, the audio is stuck at and indefinitely playing back the first audio sample/frame chunk.

3 - The app randomly crashed. Could be due to several things but thought I may be worth reporting.

4 - c608 closed caption inside an m4v container are not rendering or are rendering incorrectly. It's gibberish and gets stuck; converting these to srt is a great workaround.

5 - Hitting back on the remote while the color-changing loading circle spins results in the loading circle remaining on screen. Backing out a step further clears the loading animation. However, selecting any movie at this point attempts to load and begins to play but crashes back to the TiVo main menu.

6 - The Audio Menu and Subtitles Menu occasionally do not load/show. I haven't found the exact trigger yet. Scratch that, the trigger seems to be tied to the following:

Attempt to play a FLAC or ALAC audio stream -> Go play a movie while the audio player is still active -> movie begins to playback -> the timeline is noticeably more sluggish; selecting the audio or subtitle selection results in those screens NOT appearing -> shutting down and attempting to re-open the timeline results in a crash.

7 - Not all subtitles are rendered in the center of the screen; most are but not all.

Hopefully this list help.

Thanks

ChrisDVD

@@Luke - URL Loader via Opera TV. TiVo Bolt is the only Opera device I have -- I don't have a Roamio or any other TiVo device. Also, at some point TiVo removed the ability to install Opera TV apps into the device itself. You have to literally go into Opera TV and load up URL Loader. I know this has been discussed already but just know that once Emby does make it into the Opera store, users will NOT be able to install it directly into the TiVo Bolt. You have to get TiVo themselves to add it as a native application -- they have Netflix, Plex, WWE Network and most recently added VEVO, Yupp.tv, and a few others.

Couple more bugs:

1 - selecting VC-1 or MPEG2 MKVs goes to a black screen, then back to the movie's main screen and crashes. Tested the same files on Xbox One and iOS. Both are seemingly transcoding it (I have NOT confirmed if it's actually transcoding -- it just seems like it is). TiVo Bolt natively supports MPEG2 so you may be able to add direct play support for it.

2 - Playing ALAC audio results in the exact same issue FLAC tracks were doing. Tested 48kHz/24-bit and 44.1kHz/16-bit.

3 - The letter index list is missing in the movie browser. Perhaps it just hasn't been implemented yet.

Question - will enabling PGS subtitles result in a transcode?

Suggestion - It may be a good idea to add an info window. You can tie it to the Info button on the remote. This way we can tell if the server is transcoding or Direct Playing. It's something that Plex has.

ChrisDVD

The subtitle centering issue I noted may actually be the SRT. The SRT in question is rendering in iOS exactly like the TiVo was rendering it. A little off-center and some lines are indented further than they need to be.

Edited by ChrisDVD

ChrisDVD

Not trying to insult anyone but the OSD graphics such as the timeline appear highly compressed and have a lot of aliasing. It's good for testing but perhaps could use some polishing before the final release.

My setup is a TiVo Bolt attached to a 4K LG TV. The graphic issues may be related to the lack of a 4K mode? The TiVo is horrible at upscaling video, let alone graphics.

Another bug:

There doesn't seem to be a way to dismiss the timeline once the user calls it up. The user is forced to wait for it to timeout.

Edited by ChrisDVD

• 3 months later...

Any News on this APP??

Just checked Opera and no Emby

Rew

We submitted a release to the Opera Store a couple weeks ago. The Opera Store has just been renamed to Vewd so I imagine the whole re-branding process is why we haven't gotten any result back yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, Still no Emby app on Opera Store and no Vewd Store

Rew

We are still waiting in the approval process.

• Like 1