Tivo

dsal

Theoretically, maybe but their developer forum has very little traffic (I'm talking 3 posts) and a lot of it is from one and two years ago.

We would need a new contributor that was interested in investigating it.

• 4 months later...
LucidRenegade

I know very little about coding, but the newer Tivo Roamio units use HTML 5 applications based on the Opera TV Store.  It appears that this platform is used by a number of TV manufacturers for their apps as well.  Mainly the Chinese, but Sony and Samsung are listed as well.  Maybe able to kill multiple birds with one stone, as it were.

http://www.operasoftware.com/products/tv-store

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
mcleanp

I'm interested and hope there is a following for a TiVo client app.

I'd love to move/get rid of the roku and use the TiVo dvr only.

• 5 weeks later...
casperspooks

I'm interested and hope there is a following for a TiVo client app.

I'd love to move/get rid of the roku and use the TiVo dvr only.

+1000!

• 3 weeks later...
cybrsage

So right now there is no way to integrate Tivo and Emby?  I am probably going to move to Tivo as WMC dies off, but I also want to be able to easy play my massive ISO collection of BluRays...

• 5 weeks later...

Any news on a possible app for TiVo?  I am dropping WMC soon and moving to TiVo.  I'd love to keep Emby but it looks like I may have to switch to Plex...

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Tivo supports opera tv apps and we have an app that we are currently trying to get pushed through the opera store, but i can't say when it will be available.

• Like 1

andcbii

Tivo supports opera tv apps and we have an app that we are currently trying to get pushed through the opera store, but i can't say when it will be available.

I demand a release date so i can complain if that date isn't exactly met....  :rolleyes: 

THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!!

Yea it's going to be a little while because they're testing on 800 different devices and then coming back with random problems that are hard for us to test. it would be much easier if we could just opt into the devices that we want to support but it doesn't look like they allow that.

pr3dict

Well, we are rooting for you (and praying)

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Edited by pr3dict

• 3 months later...
ThermoDust

Hey,

Just checking in on the progress of this. I was reading other pages and would it be safe to assume the interface would be based on the web app version of emby?

It will be based on Emby Theater

http://tv.emby.media

We are trying to get the app approved for the Opera TV store which supports Tivo devices. It is proving to be a challenge because Opera is testing on over 800 devices and they always come back with some random problem on some really old device. But we are continuing to resolve them and re-submit. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

still nothing?  Is there some company politics going on with Tivo?  Seems everyone else and their mother has an app on Tivo.  Any idea of timeframe?  Love Emby this is just one last hurdle that is killing my setup.