mb3-addon-in-xbmc

xnappo

xnappo

By the way - it is trivial to add entry points in the main menu - at least with Aeon Nox.

Simply edit the menu, choose 'Video Node' as the type, and browse into the AddOn and select the folder you want. 

xnappo

xnappo

I have tried the latest version on my windows laptop and it worked on 2 collections, but on another I get an script error.  I will post the log later.  It is a little slow to load the library, but it did work.  Going to install it on one of my Raspberry Pis and see what happens.

Thanks for testing.  The first time you browse into a directory it has to locally cache all the images, which takes a while.  After that it should be fairly fast.  

Now - the code I just put up 1.5 hours ago implements a cache for the text too.  This makes it blazing fast, but right now I just have a cache timeout in the 'settings'.  I will also add a refresh context menu at some point.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

Here is part of the log with the error.

19:14:20 T:844   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\woody_d\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.XBMB3C-master\default.py", line 1210, in <module>
                                                getContent(param_url)
                                              File "C:\Users\woody_d\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.XBMB3C-master\default.py", line 804, in getContent
                                                processDirectory(url,tree)
                                              File "C:\Users\woody_d\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.XBMB3C-master\default.py", line 819, in processDirectory
                                                tempTitle=((directory.find('{http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/MediaBrowser.Model.Dto}Name').text)).encode('utf-8')
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:14:20 T:5060   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.xbmb3c/?mode=0&url=http%3a%2f%2f192.168.10.102%3a8096%2fmediabrowser%2fUsers%2f7aeabcf95d6e9a711f9b79f00edc53fa%2fitems%3fParentId%3d9b102de35d37fc0c6e9f1db987571702%26ParentIndexNumber%3d0%26IsVirtualUnaired%3dfalse%26IsMissing%3dFalse%26Fields%3dPath%2cOverview%26SortBy%3dName%26format%3dxml
19:14:20 T:5060   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.xbmb3c/?mode=0&url=http%3a%2f%2f192.168.10.102%3a8096%2fmediabrowser%2fUsers%2f7aeabcf95d6e9a711f9b79f00edc53fa%2fitems%3fParentId%3d9b102de35d37fc0c6e9f1db987571702%26ParentIndexNumber%3d0%26IsVirtualUnaired%3dfalse%26IsMissing%3dFalse%26Fields%3dPath%2cOverview%26SortBy%3dName%26format%3dxml) failed

I have 3 collections - Movies, Kids, and TV Shows.  Kids the collection that has an error.

Let me know if you need the full log.

I have tried the latest version on my windows laptop and it worked on 2 collections, but on another I get an script error.  I will post the log later.  It is a little slow to load the library, but it did work.  Going to install it on one of my Raspberry Pis and see what happens.

Thanks for testing. The first time you browse into a directory it has to locally cache all the images, which takes a while. After that it should be fairly fast.

Now - the code I just put up 1.5 hours ago implements a cache for the text too. This makes it blazing fast, but right now I just have a cache timeout in the 'settings'. I will also add a refresh context menu at some point.

xnappo

Cool, I will update and see what happens.

xnappo

Here is part of the log with the error.

---

I have 3 collections - Movies, Kids, and TV Shows.  Kids the collection that has an error.

Let me know if you need the full log.

Yes, please post the full log at pastebin.com (or whatever).  Also is this 'Kids' collection all movies?  

[EDIT] Please make sure to turn on debug logging in both the main XBMC settings and in the AddOn settings.

[EDIT2] Also, try going here: http://192.168.10.102:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/itemdetails.html?id=3d9b102de35d37fc0c6e9f1db987571702 and see if you see anything suspicious with that entry.

The error is basically saying there is no title for some entry - but it could be a strange character in the name or something too.

Thanks,

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

xnappo

Thanks. Should be easy to duplicate and fix, will do so this weekend.

Opinions on the priorities?

xnappo

It still takes minutes to start playing files and the first time you try to enter a large collection it is very slow. If it was faster I would use as is. My vote is for speed! Great work so far.

• Like 1

xnappo

It still takes minutes to start playing files and the first time you try to enter a large collection it is very slow. If it was faster I would use as is. My vote is for speed! Great work so far.

It should only be the very first time you enter the collection - and never again.  No worse than the initial library scan with XBMC right?  I could make it do EVERYTHING on the first run - it would take a long time but would then be fast ever after...? 

Thanks for testing!

xnappo

I can live with the collection thing, but it takes almost 5 minutes for some movies to start playing. I will test some more and see if file type makes a difference.

Is there a way to pull in the video data, like resolution and video type into the view?

I think I might learn some python so I can contribute. I am a Web developer and I am used to working with apis, I just have never used python :)

• Like 1

xnappo

I can live with the collection thing, but it takes almost 5 minutes for some movies to start playing. I will test some more and see if file type makes a difference.

Is there a way to pull in the video data, like resolution and video type into the view?

I think I might learn some python so I can contribute. I am a Web developer and I am used to working with apis, I just have never used python :)

It is pretty darn easy.  I am a silicon test engineer and never touched Python nor a WebAPI until this.

You are saying it takes 5 minutes until a movie starts playing?  I definitely haven't seen that - only problem I have is when it is caching the images when you first browse in.  On my Linux system it acts a little odd when playback starts due to the loop where I am eventually going to handle storing the playback position.  If you can, please try commenting out these two lines in default.py:

while xbmc.Player().isPlaying():
                time.sleep(1)

and see if that fixes the slow-playback.

Video data it definitely on the list - see the 'Issues' on the git (https://github.com/xnappo/plugin.video.XBMB3C).

Probably that is the next thing to work on...

Thanks!

xnappo

[EDIT] Looks like the PleXBMC author ran into the same issue and never got around to fixing it.

Solution is here, but is a bit tricky:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=163638

Commenting out those lines I mentioned should fix it too - but then we can't track playback...

Edited by xnappo

If you're a web developer comfortable with remote api's, then I'm sure you'll be a valuable contributor. thanks for helping out.

xnappo

Yes - I am going to start 'official' threads both here and there this weekend with screenshots and a new video.  

xnappo

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yep - CoverArt comes from the server...

I agree - the database response in XBMC is a pain - also the main reason I want this.  At least until the OpenElec MBT :D

xnappo

OpenELEC/MBT would be awesome!