mb3-addon-in-xbmc

xnappo

xnappo

RE: http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permalinks/15177/mb3-addon-in-xbmc

Hi All,

So I went ahead and hacked on PleXBMC over the weekend. I am now able to browse the MB3 server from XBMC. No meta-data, art or playback yet though :D

Total hack-job right now, but definitely think it is do-able with another few weekends of work.

Unfortunately I will not have time to continue on this for the next couple of weeks.

If any one else is interested in helping, I can throw it up on git.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 2

xnappo

Luke, 

When trying to add thumbs, XBMC is returning an error:

DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url http://192.168.1.6:8096/mediabrowser/Items/cdecb90f58b6bbee16c0f718539b6e3d/Images/Primary

Does the MB3 server support stat?  The link is correct.

Thanks,

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

xnappo

does that iamge url work in your browser?

Yes - I can copy and past the URL from the log and they all work fine.

Do I need to append authorization to the request? 

Thanks,

xnappo

xnappo

I can parse the XML at /Images, then find the thumb actual location (eg \\jupiter\e\Video\Movies\Blade Runner (1982)\thumb.jpg), then convert that to a 'smb' path... And that will work.  But I hate it.

xnappo

xnappo

the response headers have the correct mime type though

Yep - I don't know what the difference is between the working URL and the MB3 server URL.

xnappo

yardameus

Was that even showing the CoverArt treatment?  Good job, I like this.  Probably my biggest issue with XBMC is how the library database responds to changes.

xnappo

Yep - CoverArt comes from the server...

I agree - the database response in XBMC is a pain - also the main reason I want this.  At least until the OpenElec MBT :D

xnappo

• Like 1

yardameus

Bravo on all the work here xnappo.  Maybe not the ideal end solution that the devs have in mind for MB3 (linux, etc...) but is a huge asset to both get more users and get a client on linux, etc.. etc...  It's especially nice because it gets xbmc users to shift over without having to abandon xbmc.  Top notch work.

I will wait until you remove the PleXBMC requirement.  Looks awesome!  I already use MB Server and MBC on my WMC machines, the android client, and iOS client, now I can use this on my 4 Raspberry PIs running XBMC!!!!

• Like 1

Bravo on all the work here xnappo.  Maybe not the ideal end solution that the devs have in mind for MB3 (linux, etc...) but is a huge asset to both get more users and get a client on linux, etc.. etc...  It's especially nice because it gets xbmc users to shift over without having to abandon xbmc.  Top notch work.

i am an xbmc user and xnappo's app doesn't entice me over to to using Mb3, as if i want to access the files i can just browse to the video location and play it without the need to go through an addon

• Like 1

yardameus

i am an xbmc user and xnappo's app doesn't entice me over to to using Mb3, as if i want to access the files i can just browse to the video location and play it without the need to go through an addon

Maybe entice was the wrong word.  What I'm saying is I can try out MB Server and use xbmc as a client, without having to give up xbmc.

With the add-on you get mb3 metadata, user data, and mb3 features.

• Like 1

Maybe entice was the wrong word.  What I'm saying is I can try out MB Server and use xbmc as a client, without having to give up xbmc.

With the add-on you get mb3 metadata, user data, and mb3 features.

the only thing i get from the MB3 back end is the dashboard, as i tried using this app on my android xbmc app and found it extremely slow yet if i added a whole folder of tv shows at my dad's (@CBers) directly to xbmc and that was able to browse and play as quick as anything within 30 seconds yet it was taking nearly 5 minutes just to show the tv collection from MB3.