Windows 8.1 issues and fixes

ronvp

Redshirt

I only had the picture taken so high to avoid showing how untidy the desk itself is. I wasn't expecting the whiteboard to get the comments lol.

• Like 1

Can't believe I got peer pressured into tidying up.

2013-11-03%2013.30.30-1.jpg

I like your flow chart for the direct play/stream copy/transcode instances on your white board :) I did like Cheese. Just wrote it all out on paper.

I certainly didn't put any pressure on you ;).

Mine are all on one box as well.  Two dual output video cards.

Starkadius

I have the same problem. Using windows 7 with IE 10, and also with IE 11, I cannot play videos in IE. It used to work, but I am not sure when it stopped working. However, a different computer with windows 8.1 has no problems playing videos in IE 11. I tried this tool, but the decoders were already enabled, and I even tried toggling it off then on again with no avail.

If anyone has any idea what might be the problem please help me out!!

I have updated my post detailing the fix and added to it since I have recently discovered that the AAC decoder also needs to be set to Microsoft or else an "INVALID SOURCE" error appears as well. I am not saying this is the solution for your particular issue but you can try and see.

shaefurr

Just wanted to add to my previous post about FlexRAID.

In my case this is whats happening:

If the storage pool is set to non-removable, preview images have a problem loading in windows explorer. However, when changing the pool to removable file sharing seems to break, though it does fix the images problem. The only way I could access my shares from FlexRAID was changing the pool to removable. If not all I get is permission errors.

I'll take my folder shares over working image previews. But it seems either way something doesn't work, how fun.

Edited by shaefurr