CoverArt Latest Update breaks selection scroller

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

@@ebr

Version 4.0.6.5

Doubt you'll need a log for this as it's a UI issue.

But I've just been playing with CoverArt and when opening the treatment selection scroller for a Media Type.

The scroller doesn't remember its position and always returns to the top item... "Case" I think it is, if I scroll down to Misc using the sidebar scroller then it auto returns to the top item. Trying to click on an item if the scroller does stay where I want it to, also returns it to the top item.

Edited by Cheesegeezer

techywarrior

It actually looks like regardless of what you have selected each type (movie,tv, person, game, boxset, etc.) has a default that it opens to.

It doesn't matter what I select on boxset, opening the treatment styles menu always opens to multiple. People always opens to gloss. etc.

What version of the server are you on?

I don't think this is a CA-specific thing exactly.  Or, should I say, I don't think it is related to any changes in CA.  I saw in the commit history the other day that Luke upgraded jquery mobile which is what provides me with those dialogs and interfaces.  I'm also noticing that the rotation slider is all goofed up now.

@@Luke...?

It is really hard to screenshot the behavior that Cheese is describing because it is that the dialog simply won't allow you to select an item.  It just scrolls itself back up to the top when you do.  The screwed up rotation slider is here though:

545ac7eb20abc_rotationslider.png

I reverted the server to 5416 (before the jquery commit) and I can again select a treatment from my dialog but the rotation slider is still screwed up.

Cheesegeezer

Server Version 3.0.5421.21340

So if i scroll down and click on Plain,

post-71-0-93944200-1415235827_thumb.png

the selection isn't save and it returns me to the top item, Which is Case

post-71-0-41776200-1415235742_thumb.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

It is really hard to screenshot the behavior that Cheese is describing because it is that the dialog simply won't allow you to select an item.  It just scrolls itself back up to the top when you do. 

Yeah agreed, but I tried ;)

ok, i've checked in a fix. it seems to be a bug introduced by the latest jquery mobile when using data-mini on a slider. It even happens on the demo page:

http://demos.jquerymobile.com/1.4.5/slider/

It's the first time I've ever seen them get so careless. But I saw they've slated the slider for a refactor in 1.6, so they made have made a conscious decision just to live with the known issue.

While I was debugging, i put the slider on it's own line just to rule out the floating causing any issues. I ended up leaving it like that because it's a little more mobile friendly now.

Thanks.  However, I really don't like the slider and treatment style going across the entire page like that so I will re-adjust that.  This is not a very likely mobile-use case.

4.0.6.6 should now resolve this.

It is marked beta until I get some confirmation that it is working okay now for folks on the new server.

Actually, the original reported error still exists here.  It is impossible to expand one of the other treatment style groups in the treatment selector.

@@Cheesegeezer does the problem with not being able to expand subsequent sections still occur for you in the current beta release?  It is still happening to me but not to Luke.

I have found that, if the first section (cases) is expanded, then I cannot expand any of the others.  But, if I collapse that first section, it will allow all of the others to expand/collapse.

Cheesegeezer

I'll have to have a look when I get back from this trip, bit of a last minute panic.

Happy2Play

Is anyone else having problems with this or is it just me and Cheese...?

Expands properly for me.

Version 3.0.5424.1

Version 4.0.6.6

Cheesegeezer

Is anyone else having problems with this or is it just me and Cheese...?

hey ebr, 

just got back from a whirlwind trip, Ok i'm still experiencing the exact same behaviour as you posted.  I'll try updating to dev.

Server 3.0.5424.34074

CoverArt 4.0.6.6

Browser is Chrome 38.0.2125.111 

I'll try IE also to see if it's that.

Cheesegeezer

Found Chrome had an update so applied that V.38.0.2125.122  Still no joy.

Update to new latest Dev Server 3.0.5434.27057 Doesn't help either

However using IE11, seems to fix it and allows for scrolling and selecting.  It's obviously a chrome change thats causing the issues.  I don't use firefox so can't comment.

(excuse the varying fonts, I was CTRL+C.... CTRL+V ing ;) )

Edited by Cheesegeezer