Watched Status

breezytm

breezytm

Hello Dev, 

I don't know if I am the only who is experiencing this issue but lately when I watch something the status doesn't change. I also noticed my content in trakt.tv isn't being updated as well. I don't have any logs to provide at the moment since I am at work but when I get home I will send one after watching something. 

P.S if I manually set the status to played in the web client it changes itself back to unwatched. It could be they are being overwritten by trakt.tv since I am getting a lot of failed 'sync library to Trakt.tv' notifications but none regarding 'Import playstates from Trakt.tv. 

Regards, 

breezytm

Try temporarily uninstalling the Trakt plug-in and see if the issues go away.

Will do when I get home and report back. 

I want to add that when I watch something in xbmc or plex the watch status in mb gets updated to reflect the change as well as trakt.tv

Edited by breezytm

ctrlaltdefeat

And do you use Trakt?

I thought that was clear by saying I have the same issue, my bad. :(

Yes I am using Trakt as well, and tried the same step you asked breezytm to do, yet it didn't help.

#edit, fixed a sentence

Edited by ctrlaltdefeat

I thought that was clear by saying I have the same issue, my bad. :(

Yes I am using Trakt as well, and tried the same step you asked breezytm to do, yet it didn't help.

#edit, fixed a sentence

Well, then it sounds like you don't have the same issue since his was resolved by removing the plug-in.  So we will need more information.

Redshirt

Does removing trakt actually resolve both issues breezytm? or does it just resolve the second?

I don't believe that the trakt plugin will have any impact on the first issue. Mb flagging stuff as watched. However if that info is failing to sync TO trakt.tv then the next time you sync FROM trakt tv it will be overwritten, which is the second issue you mentioned.

breezytm

Does removing trakt actually resolve both issues breezytm? or does it just resolve the second?

I don't believe that the trakt plugin will have any impact on the first issue. Mb flagging stuff as watched. However if that info is failing to sync TO trakt.tv then the next time you sync FROM trakt tv it will be overwritten, which is the second issue you mentioned.

Sorry for the late response guys. I will now follow the thread so I can respond faster. Anyway, I can only speak for what I noticed so far. Since @@ebr asked me to uninstalled trakt.tv plugin; I watched one movie, and the status remains.  I just checked. Before it would change back to unwatched. As I stated in my OP, it can easily be trakt.tv over written what is on the mbs since syncing to is failing but sync from is working. Additionally, when I watch something from plex or xbmc the play status in mb is accurate. Just to be clear, I also use trakt.tv plugin for both xbmc and plex.

Both issues could easily be the same problem with two different symptoms. Perhaps @@ctrlaltdefeat can explain his behavior and also provide some logs so we can get in the bottom of this. I can send whatever ya need. 

Edited by breezytm

ctrlaltdefeat

Well, then it sounds like you don't have the same issue since his was resolved by removing the plug-in.  So we will need more information.

Clarification, when trakt is installed, the issue is there, when it's not installed, the issue is not there.

My behavior:

I watch something > It get's signed as "watched" > Some minutes later(seems like when Trakt tries to sync the watched states), the episode/movie gets set to "Unwatched" again.

Log I'd have to dig into, as I am not at home I can't access it right now.

breezytm

@@ctrlaltdefeat I had a talk with @@saitoh183 last night and he advised me to upgrade to latest MBS beta and also install latest trakt.tv beta. Afterwards I sync my contents to trakt.tv and they sync'ed successfully without any errors.

@@ebr and @@Redshirt I woke up this morning with a couple of errors. So is it working sometimes and failing sometimes. If so, what is causing the failures. Logs, whatever you guys need, let me know.

Sync library to trakt.tv failed.

an hour ago

The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.