XBMB3C - Essential keyboard, remote keys

altramarine

altramarine

Hi guys,

I am trying to bind keys to my Harmony Smart Control Remote using this Kodi keyboard Control List.

So here are my questions:

1. Which keys do you find absolutely essential for XBMC?

2. Which buttons on the (Harmony)remote do you have these essential keys mapped to?

3. Will this apply to all Themes?

I do not use Live TV so thus far, I see these to be essential:

I: Info

L: Next Subtitle

T: Toggle Subtitle On / Off

W: mark as Watched / Unwatched

Thanks!

1. Your list plus-

C: Context Menu

A: Audio Delay Control

Tab: Playing Now

': Small Step Back (7 Seconds)

2. I don't have a Smart Control Remote but I do use the colored buttons for anything that is missing on the remote that I want quick access to like subtitle etc. I would use 'Guide' for Context Menu. 

3. I have found so far that all buttons mapped work on all skins in XBMC, I don't know about XBMB3C.

xnappo

Do *not* use the 'w' key with MediaBrowser.  This only interfaces with the local XBMC database and will mess up server synchronization.  You must use the context menu 'mark watched' to send the status to the server.

xnappo

• Like 1

Do *not* use the 'w' key with MediaBrowser.  This only interfaces with the local XBMC database and will mess up server synchronization.  You must use the context menu 'mark watched' to send the status to the server.

xnappo

Ahh, that's why it marks it as watched in XBMC but doesn't update in MediaBrowser. Good to know.

altramarine

1. Your list plus-

C: Context Menu

A: Audio Delay Control

Tab: Playing Now

': Small Step Back (7 Seconds)

2. I don't have a Smart Control Remote but I do use the colored buttons for anything that is missing on the remote that I want quick access to like subtitle etc. I would use 'Guide' for Context Menu. 

3. I have found so far that all buttons mapped work on all skins in XBMC, I don't know about XBMB3C.

Interesting,

Why would you need Audio Delay Control?

I will be trying the 1, Tab and ' ... thanks for that!

altramarine

Ahh, that's why it marks it as watched in XBMC but doesn't update in MediaBrowser. Good to know.

Definitely good to know. This would be driving my crazy. thanks!

Interesting,

Why would you need Audio Delay Control?

I will be trying the 1, Tab and ' ... thanks for that!

Sometimes the audio can be out by a few milliseconds or even a second and it's awful to watch. Audio Delay Control can delay or advance the sound in relation to the video so you can sync it up on a dodgy file. Only happens to me every couple of months but when it does it'a godsend.

saitoh183

xnappo

This should be a FAQ because there is no way for the average user to know this and will automatically use the shortcut key to do this (like i was doing)