Labels above videos by default?

lucasbuck

lucasbuck

I'm trying to set labels on as default (so I don't have to go through each folder and do it). I found in the [username]-MediaBrowserXml.config file a setting to set labels true by default which I did, but no luck. I thought maybe I needed to clear things out, so I deleted displayprefrences.db, and that didn't do it either. Anyone have any suggestions? Would deleting the user and creating it again make them kick in, or is the label setting in the config not what I'm thinking it is?

No, but display preferences are shared among folder types so you would only have to set it on one TV Series for instance and then they would all have it.

• 2 weeks later...
lucasbuck

That doesn't seem to work for me. I have TV and movie categories, but setting label in one doesn't cause it to set in the others. I'm setting it within Classic, should I be doing it through the server or something? Sorry if I'm missing the obvious.

The preferences are shared among the same types of items.  So if you set prefs for one TV series all of them will share them.  Movies and TV are not the same types of items so they have different preferences.  All generic folders have their own preferences.