Cover Art 4.0.6.4, most movie images not being treated

CashMoney
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

CashMoney

Updated to the Cover Art 4.0.6.4 beta and the majority of my movies are no longer being treated.

post-185-0-27369900-1415128758_thumb.jpg

If I downgrade to the Release version (4.0.6.2) then everything is fine. Upgrade to 4.0.6.4 again and it's back to only a handful being treated. It's just the movies though, everything else is being treated as expected. Trailers and Movies share the same treatment (ClearCase) and the Trailers are treated perfectly fine. Changing to a different treatment has no effect; the untreated movie posters are left untreated while the handful that are treated change to the new treatment.

This is for all clients.

Obviously I can just downgrade (is there anyway to stop an individual plugin from upgrading?) for now, but hoping for a fix. Is there perhaps a cache I can clear?

CashMoney

That fixed it :)

Cheers ebr!

Edit - I had to clear my MBC image cache. All my other clients were fine. In case anyone else needs to do the same -

C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\ImageCache

delete the contents of that folder.

Edited by CashMoney

CashMoney

@@ebr .66 installed, cover art not treating again. Downgraded to .65, no change. Rotated the treatments and it shows. Not showing on 0 rotation. Will get logs asap, machine use right now.

CashMoney

As promised, logs. HTH. Let me know if you need me to do anything else my end. Also, unlike last time, this is now affecting other items, thumbs to be exact. Maybe it was just coincidence/random it was only movies last time?

mblogs.zip

CashMoney

Consistent everywhere, pretty much the same as the first pic I uploaded a few days ago, but not the same the items as before; not as bad as before but with caching I'm thinking that's probably random/coincidence. Everytime I open a client (or the server) it's always the same items that are not treated, and there is no pattern to it that I can see, e.g. it's not new items only or only items of a certain age or within a certain location physically.

An example is I have the Back to the Future trilogy; the first movie is treated, the second two are not, but this happens all over, not just in collections. TV shows in the web client, most thumbs are treated, some are not, and again, some are new, some are old, but they never change from client to client or from session to session.

I've not tried clearing my image cache for the server or clients, I didn't want to do that just yet in case you think it's something else as I then couldn't offer you any info unless it happened again :)

Edited by CashMoney

I see it actually treating all three of those items so this has to be some sort of caching problem...

Debug - CoverArt: CoverArt will treat \\MEDIA-PC\Films1\Back To The Future\folder.jpg
Debug - CoverArt: CoverArt will treat \\MEDIA-PC\Films1\Back to the Future Part III\folder.jpg
Debug - CoverArt: CoverArt will treat \\MEDIA-PC\Films1\Back To The Future Part II\folder.jpg

Since CA is getting called to do the treatments I don't think it is a problem within the plug-in but I'm not sure where it does reside.

CashMoney

As below, 3 different clients, same images with problems, and it's always those same images; it doesn't change between me opening and closing clients, restarting server etc.

post-185-0-47635400-1415736766_thumb.jpg

post-185-0-90296100-1415736766_thumb.jpg

post-185-0-24980800-1415736767_thumb.jpg

CashMoney

I see it actually treating all three of those items so this has to be some sort of caching problem...

Debug - CoverArt: CoverArt will treat \\MEDIA-PC\Films1\Back To The Future\folder.jpg
Debug - CoverArt: CoverArt will treat \\MEDIA-PC\Films1\Back to the Future Part III\folder.jpg
Debug - CoverArt: CoverArt will treat \\MEDIA-PC\Films1\Back To The Future Part II\folder.jpg

Since CA is getting called to do the treatments I don't think it is a problem within the plug-in but I'm not sure where it does reside.

Should I try deleting the contents of server and MBC cache? I don't know if Android client has a cache ...

• Solution

Try clearing your browser cache first.  Then the server image cache (actually, just the enhanced images), and finally the MBC one.

• Like 1

CashMoney

Browser cache (on 3 different PC's) - No change.

enhanced-images - All clients except MBC clients fixed.

MBC caches on 3 different machines - fixed.

I'll let you know if it happens again, as always, thanks for taking the time to help sort this ebr!

Okay, thanks.  If it happens again we're really going to have to dig in and try and find out what is going on.