DELETE in Metadata Manager

Betelgeuse
Go to solution Solved by Kent,

Betelgeuse

I would like to see the option DELETE in Metadata Manager for the selected object.

When clicking this it should delete the selected object including images, metadata, folders etc.

Of course after a proper popup warning.

• Solution

Maybe I'm missing your point, but this already exists.  You have to be logged in with a user account that has the option to delete library content enabled.  In server dashboard, click users->Select a user->Profile->Feature Access-> check mark "Allow this user to delete library content".

• Like 1

Betelgeuse

Maybe I'm missing your point, but this already exists.  You have to be logged in with a user account that has the option to delete library content enabled.  In server dashboard, click users->Select a user->Profile->Feature Access-> check mark "Allow this user to delete library content".

Yes!!! I was logged in as Admin, and of some reason this option wasn't activated!

So, this question is solved, and the thread can be closed!

• 1 year later...

That option doesn't seem to exist on my Panel.

I created by accident a collection I don't want and cannot figure out how the hell to get rid of it!!

Followed the above but found no such option and all of the other options are ticked and green.

That option doesn't seem to exist on my Panel.

I created by accident a collection I don't want and cannot figure out how the hell to get rid of it!!

Followed the above but found no such option and all of the other options are ticked and green.

Hi, it sure does. You need to give the user permission to delete. You can learn more by checking out our user wiki:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Users

I figured it out.  I was trying to delete within the Metadata editor and the delete option appeared in the collections themselves so I'm sorted now.  Thanks for the reply.  :-)