XBMB3C Update Scheduler

breezytm

breezytm

Hello, 

I could be mistaken but it appears to me as if the addon is requesting the data from MBS everytime the user asks for something. I drew that conclusion base on the fact that everytime I click on let's say "movies", xbmb3c says loading. If that is really the case, can the retrieved the data be cache instead to speed up the process and the user can specify in sec/min/hr how often they want to update it. 0 for disabled. 

Edited by breezytm

xnappo

We already cache the data. Unfortunately XBMC still takes a while to parse the data in Python and we can't speed that up much. We are working on aome improvements to tge cache, but do make sure to turn off 'people' and 'overview' metadata as those are background loaded now.

xnappo

• Like 1

breezytm

Thanks @@xnappo for the fast reply. I hope to see these enhancements soon. The lag sucks but hey at least it works heh. I can wait. I did disable people. I kept overview since I actually use it. 

xnappo

You don't need overview on in most of our modded skins - it background loads to speed things up.

xnappo

marcelveldt

You don't need overview on in most of our modded skins - it background loads to speed things up.

xnappo

That's not entirely true :) ... Skins that have a extended view display plots for multiple movies at once. .

So, indeed disabling the overview is a good one to speed things up but if you're missing the plots (overviews) in extended views from skins than you have to enable it again...

breezytm

I did see a boost in loading speed when disabling boot as suggested. I also changed the amount of 'latest' pull from 20 to 5. That speeds up things tremendously.  I am using 1080FX, I need overview. 

im85288

I did see a boost in loading speed when disabling boot as suggested. I also changed the amount of 'latest' pull from 20 to 5. That speeds up things tremendously.  I am using 1080FX, I need overview. 

Yeah that's on my todo list to integrate..I had some issues when I first tried it with getting the plot to show in some views..but will re-visit and see if we can get that a bit faster for you.

• Like 1

im85288

Had a look and I'm afraid it cannot be done consistently for 1080XF...too many views are remaining blank when I implemented it such as the Landscape view (multiple plots on screen at the same time) and a few others :(

xnappo

You can use the speed-up if don't care about those views.  It is just a matter of crunching data.  MBC themes do not try to show a bunch of plot overviews at the same time.

Eye candy or speed, you choose :)

xnappo

• Like 2