Videos no longer play in MBC after updating

electric_sponge

electric_sponge

Hello, videos are no longer playing in MBC. It loads the libraries, images, etc. just fine as always, but when I go to actually play a video it just sits at 00:00. No error message, just black screen indefinitely. I can play them through Windows explorer and even the Media Browser web interface, but not through MBC. This occurred at the same time I upgraded to 3.0.224, however I also upgraded to Mac OSX 10.10 on the computer where the video files are stored. Not sure which is to blame. 

Please see my log attached and let me know if there's any other helpful info I can give. Thanks

MBClassic-1112014c8e27ddb2a814c608c9f885265ff6491.log

Everything looks like it is fine on our end.  We ask WMC to play the item and it even reports back to us that it is playing.

Did you update your codecs too?

electric_sponge

No codec updates, just MBC and OSX on the machine where the files live. Any other suggestions or info I could give you to help diagnose this?

Thanks

maskdman3

I'm experiencing the same issue. One machine running MB Server. Four machines running MB Classic in WMC. MB indexes just fine. All is well until I press play inside of MB classic. Screen either goes black and sits at 00:00 or remains on the title screen. Sometimes audio will start but the counter and the video do not. Occasionally I can get a file to play but most playback functions are lost: fast forward, rewind, skip forward/back. Pause and stop still work properly.

I'm experiencing the same issue. One machine running MB Server. Four machines running MB Classic in WMC. MB indexes just fine. All is well until I press play inside of MB classic. Screen either goes black and sits at 00:00 or remains on the title screen. Sometimes audio will start but the counter and the video do not. Occasionally I can get a file to play but most playback functions are lost: fast forward, rewind, skip forward/back. Pause and stop still work properly.

Please post a log.

How to Report a Problem

I have the same issue...

Server Version 3.0.5347.22095

Media Broswer Classic Version 3.0.207.0

Since updating both Server and Classic to the above versions we have not been able to play anything through Classic. Accessing Server via DLNA and webbrowser is no problem and neither is playing stuff this way.

Windows Media Center has been uninstalled and reinstalled but with no change.

Log file from last Play attempt with Classic attached.

MBClassic-6112014a9a88fe4418d47c3852c6644618ab8d8.log

Edited by vbmds

There is no log attached to your post but both your server and MBC are out of date.  So you will want to update them to the current releases.

Yeah sorry, I noticed the log I had attached was a configurator log not a Classic log...now corrected.

I don't want to update versions until the Play Issue is resolved as it was not happening with the previous versions...

Edited by vbmds

How is that going to resolve the issue...is there an error in my current version of Classic to cause the State Error?

I'm not positive that it will solve your issue but there is no way I can debug a version from two months ago plus that version of MBC might not be compatible with that version of the server since both of them are out of date.  I can't chase down an issue unless it is in current code so that I know what I'm looking at.  Thanks.

Ok fair enough...Server and Classic have been updated.

Classic is being very slow to display the Library in Media Center, WMC keeps asking if it should close MBC, so I'll get back to you once I get everything sorted and can attempt to play something... :)

Make sure you let the server finish its library scan before trying to test anything.  I believe one or more of the last few server versions have required a full re-scan.

Okay, thanks.  Now I can be sure I'm looking at the right things.

As for your particular error I've seen it occur only a few times and, unfortunately, don't believe we found a definitive answer.  Basically what is happening is we are asking WMC to play an item and it is refusing - telling us that our application is not allowed to play.  This is some sort of problem in WMC itself or, possibly, a conflict with some other add-in in WMC.

Did you recently install any other WMC plug-ins?  If so, try removing them.

If not, try a repair of WMC by uninstalling it from Windows and then re-installing it.  Also be sure you confirm the setup within WMC is correct for your environment.