Trailer plugin now supporter only

Baron164

Baron164

I'm disappointed that they pulled the trailer plugin and made it supporter only. I've been running MediaBrowser for years and I go to fire it up today and I find that all of a sudden I can no longer watch trailers. I think it's really disappointing that they just removed a free feature that has been available for years.

Edited by Baron164

Baron164

They offered something for free and I've been using it. There isn't anything wrong with that. If they want to charge for new features I wouldn't have a problem with it. I just find it upsetting that they would take a free feature and remove it and make it a paid feature. There is nothing stopping them from taking other features away and making them extra features in the future and make it so even supports have to pay extra for it.

irishmon

it didnt work for me before, but i am happy to pay the $30 IF it will work, otherwise ill be wasting my money.....

can someone from admin please advise?

Cheesegeezer

I'm disappointed that they pulled the trailer plugin and made it supporter only. I've been running MediaBrowser for years and I go to fire it up today and I find that all of a sudden I can no longer watch trailers. I think it's really disappointing that they just removed a free feature that has been available for years.

Sorry you feel that way.

As times change and we expand, new developers come onboard and have developed these plugins, most of us as developers for Mediabrowser want our community to support the project so that it may continue, if a new developer decides to make a new plugin or theme either, paid, supporter or free thats upto them.

Videobrowser then mediabrowser 2 was a fairly small entity to manage, now we require more and more web space, servers, devices to develop for, the list goes on, which is why i as developer prefer support to the project.

If it wasnt down to that developer there would might be be no trailer plugin or it would still be in the TODO list.

Please note these are my own views and NOT the views/opinions or comments of the MediaBrowser team or any other developers of MediaBrowser

• Like 2